All-Star Naccc Voting Today!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

He's usually very responsive. I'm sorry you didn't receive any feedback. I don't even know what the cutoff was this year for items to be considered. I do think it was prior to the beginning of the regional meetings, however.

He's usually very responsive. I'm sorry you didn't receive any feedback. I don't even know what the cutoff was this year for items to be considered. I do think it was prior to the beginning of the regional meetings, however.
The cutoff was May 31 if I remember correctly. I knew it would be too late to consider it for this rules cycle, but I still wanted to voice my opinion. He is usually responsive - the communication means wasn't the best but I didn't know how else to contact him. It would be helpful if the PAC has contact information on their facebook page (I don't believe they have a website). I am not sure they have the power to do anything anyway, which is another problem, but I am willing to help try to improve the system in any way that I can.

The cutoff was May 31 if I remember correctly. I knew it would be too late to consider it for this rules cycle, but I still wanted to voice my opinion. He is usually responsive - the communication means wasn't the best but I didn't know how else to contact him. It would be helpful if the PAC has contact information on their facebook page (I don't believe they have a website). I am not sure they have the power to do anything anyway, which is another problem, but I am willing to help try to improve the system in any way that I can.

We don't have any power but neither do the coaches or gym owners so we're not alone.

We don't have any power but neither do the coaches or gym owners so we're not alone.
And not every coach can vote... This year, each gym gets one vote for age division questions and only professional member coaches can vote for rules changes. Professional members must have a green-light background check. I think that's one thing USASF is doing right - pushing coaches to get background checks so that they can vote (even if their votes aren't necessarily going to be implemented...)

I'm bummed I missed the webcast- thanks to Facebook, it didn't pop up in my newsfeed until today. The algorithms on that site make me so angry..Anyone know if it was recorded? I'd love to watch.

Some of these rules, by the way, are ridiculous and I'd love to know the reasoning behind them being suggested. Age-appropriate names are an important voting issue because WHY?

ETA: Also, bringing back large limited and/or adjusting the medium coed numbers will be the biggest mistake in this cycle (just saying). You want Sm Coed to be even bigger? Make the numbers larger for MedCo. Not like people have a hard enough time fielding larger teams..

I'm bummed I missed the webcast- thanks to Facebook, it didn't pop up in my newsfeed until today. The algorithms on that site make me so angry..Anyone know if it was recorded? I'd love to watch.

Some of these rules, by the way, are ridiculous and I'd love to know the reasoning behind them being suggested. Age-appropriate names are an important voting issue because WHY?

@SarahS explained the reasoning in another thread. It makes sense as she explains it (in a sad kind of pathetic way) and should be dubbed the Susie's Mom rule. However, I agree there were so many important issues that are not even addressed.

Voting Slate For 2015-17 | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer

The items on the voting slate were sent in by USASF members. If something is not there it's likely because no one made it an official suggestion.

Sorry to hear no one got back to you. On the PAC Facebook page if you click on "files" you will see a list of files we uploaded to the Facebook page. One of those files is the PAC roster which has contact info for PAC members. I'm also available via message on the various social media sites.

If they change the age again I know parents who will switch to large gyms. And when they switch they will bring all their CP's that cheer. It is good for big gyms, but sad for small gyms.

Do you think that it's possible that some kids would potentially change gyms if the age was NOT raised? Just playing the devil's advocate a bit. ;) Since typically the 10 year olds on senior teams tend to be flyers, do you think a 15 year old who was grounded due to a new 10 year old flyer might move to a large gym that was better able to put together a true senior-aged team?

Or maybe raising the age would encourage growth in higher level junior-age teams.

Do you think that it's possible that some kids would potentially change gyms if the age was NOT raised? Just playing the devil's advocate a bit. ;) Since typically the 10 year olds on senior teams tend to be flyers, do you think a 15 year old who was grounded due to a new 10 year old flyer might move to a large gym that was better able to put together a true senior-aged team?

Or maybe raising the age would encourage growth in higher level junior-age teams.

No, Unfortunately for a true small gym raising the age limit will hurt them. They struggle to filed teams as it is. This would definitely not help them.

No, Unfortunately for a true small gym raising the age limit will hurt them. They struggle to filed teams as it is. This would definitely not help them.
Although I agree it will hurt some gyms (however, not all small gyms), this is not a reason to not change a rule. The rules need to be made for the best interest of all athletes and gym bias can not be taken into effect. I'd like to think this happens when the actual rules committee decides which proposals will pass.

I don't know how I feel about this rule. I think 10 is definitely too young for any senior team. I understand the reasoning to up the age for Worlds teams, but I think most of the 12 year olds that have been on Worlds teams have done ok. I think I would prefer leaving it where it is, or if they are going to change it, grandfather current 11 year olds for the first year. I know some extremely talented ones that are going to be crushed if the rule changes and they have to wait an additional year to be on a Worlds team.

I only have experience with my own child's small gym (I'm not positive of the numbers, but last year maybe 75 and maybe 100 this year). On her s4 team last year, none of the athletes would have been impacted by this rule. This year, one athlete is 11, so she could have been an issue had an age change been made for this season. Our s2 team has also been a team filled with older athletes. I don't think any of them are under 12.

I do think that our gym would probably attempt to create a j4 team. There is maybe one j4 locally...but they are rare around here.

Back