All-Star Prayers For One Of Our Own And His Community

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
I know I posted this in the Random section, too but since everyone reads this section more, I found it appropriate to put one here as well. Admin, you can delete/merge/ remove this if you wish.

I just found out today that Iligan in the Philippines has been devastated by a powerful storm last Sunday. Floods and mud slides went rushing through cities on the island destroying everything in its path. Over 1,400 people have either been killed or are missing. The community and government are trying their hardest to cope with the extreme loss and at the same time, pull their lives back together.
Unfortunately, a beloved Fiercer, and a close, long time friend of mine, has been affected by this terrible ordeal. Jerah, ( @j3r4h ) lives right in Iligan. Most of you may know him as the member who makes all the really good signatures (I believe he's won a few FBA for them and he's made mine for the past few years.) He is also the head coach of his schools team, the Mindanao Lions, and has asked, on several occasions for some of us to make videos for his team to motivate them because they love American cheerleaders. He's extremely passionate about cheer, he's always trying to improve his team by flying in tumbling coaches, having them watch videos, trying to get the top dogs of the music industry to make voiceovers for him, etc. He's one of the most dedicated coaches I know, especially given the fact that they aren't from the United States and they don't have the resources we do. Jerah is ok, along with all of the cheerleaders, only 3 of them were affected with minor injuries.
But right now they are asking for prayers as well as donations. If there was ever a time to donate to a catastrophe, now would be the time. Can you imagine going through all this, especially around Christmas when you're supposed to be with your family and friends and just enjoying their company? I've been talking to Jerah and he's given me a few ways to donate. He says that the fastest and easiest way for US volunteers to donate is through Paypal ( Paypal: http://bit.ly/unX71B). I'm not quite sure about other countries, I'm sorry. He's also given me three other ways of donation (I'm probably not the right person though to ask how they work...) but they are:

1. BDO Dollar Account
Account name: ABS-CBN Foundation Inc.-Sagip Kapamilya
Account Number: 39300-81622
Swift Code: BNORPHMM

2. BPI Dollar Account
Account name: ABS-CBN Foundation Inc.-Sagip Kapamilya
Account Number: 3054-0270-35
Branch: West Triangle, Quezon City
Swift Code: BOPIPHMM

3. Philippine Red Cross:
http://www.redcross.org.ph/donate

Even if all of you donate $5, it would be a tremendous help for the people to get them food, medicine, shelter, etc. Please spread the news. Thank you and enjoy this holiday season.
Love you, Jer <3

This one too . . . but careful . . . devastating . . may bring tears . . .

Glad you're okay, Jerah! So sorry to see such devastation...

Wow. I'm so sorry for everything you must be going through. I will be thinking of you.
I wish I could be there.. I love helping people. Glad your safe but prayers with those and the families and friends of the people who aren't.

Thank you for posting - So glad to hear you're ok!! Prayers and donations coming your way. Xoxo

Back