All-Star Nca 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter just got 8 inches cut off her hair. They have to wear it curled - she is wearing it half up/down - now she is petrified - since her hair doesn't really hold a curl, and she thinks it will be curled up to her chin lol.

I'm not going to NCA, but bobs are a miracle cheer haircut. When I see tired-eyed mamas and their bouncy-curled girls walk into a comp, I say a silent thankful prayer for my kid's 10 minute hair.

My daughter told me she's thinking of cutting her hair into a bob. I was alllll excited at the thought. Then she laughed and said "I'm kidding!" Little b*tch. :p

Mine child has more hair than any human I have ever seen. It's almost to her waist. Everyone who sees her comments on how beautiful her hair is...if they only knew the trouble it is. We wash, dry and straighten twice a week. It's an hour and a half long process (which is why it only happens twice a week). It's too long for her to do it herself, so I get the pleasure of doing it every Sunday and Thursday night! Thankfully her gym does high straight ponies...no bumps, nothing! So she can actually put it up herself for competition!

She showed me a picture of herself with her hair behind her back and it made it look like a shoulder length bob. It was adorable...however, I know that her kinky, thick, curly hair would not look like that if she actually cut it. Last time she had a bob when she was 7 years old, everyone called her Dora The Explorer...it was a nice big triangle around her face...not good!!!

I suck at bumps. I can tease but the shaping is what kills me. So I tease and she shapes, and she likes it BIG. I think she is trying to catch up to @Mamarazzi's CP in bump height which cracks me up but whatevs. I am extremely happy and I don't say the F word as much in the mornings.
The poof retired last season, so now the party happens behind the bow. And that's fine by me!

My daughter just got 8 inches cut off her hair. They have to wear it curled - she is wearing it half up/down - now she is petrified - since her hair doesn't really hold a curl, and she thinks it will be curled up to her chin lol.

Hey, I finally know whose mom you are now!!! Thanks again by the way :cheering:.

I REALLY want my CP to get the bob cut too. Her hair is super thick and curly/wavy. I have to pre straighten it the night before and then really go at it on comp morning. Even then, it sometimes kinks up by the time she gets to warm ups. Such fun. I teased her last weekend saying I was gonna give her a trim in her sleep...it didnt go over well lol.

I'm sure the J5 and Y5 teams will have people watching them. There IS more to this competition than the L5's and a lot of those will definitely be in the A hall to watch them.

The bob haircut has come back to bite me in the butt this year as they are making me curl it. It looks really cute when it's done but it takes soooo much longer than a pony to curl.

Latest posts

Back