All-Star Nca 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

T they did it two years ago but not last year .. I hope they go back!

I hope they do too! My team goes on 6th out of 46 teams in our division. And our hotel is about 20 minutes away from the convention center. I hope we wont have to wait there all day to get our scores.

Any more word on a parent viewing section in the arena this year? I agree with posters that the increased Friday/Saturday schedule is going to make the arena a zoo and don't want a repeat of the milk house in 2012!

This will be our first year going to NCA and of course our team has been assigned a hotel that is 20 minutes away from the venue..can anyone give me an idea of how much time I should allow for parking, ticket buying and getting into the arena in time for their afternoon performance??

This will be our first year going to NCA and of course our team has been assigned a hotel that is 20 minutes away from the venue..can anyone give me an idea of how much time I should allow for parking, ticket buying and getting into the arena in time for their afternoon performance??
If you don't compete till Saturday you should buy your tickets and any stuff you may really want from the varsity store on Friday!

As far as parking (if you want the garage connected to the convention center that's underneath it) then it depends on what time you are coming.

If you have to be there really early then you will have no trouble parking.

If you have to get there around 10/11 ish than you and everyone else will be trying to get there at the same time and it could take you much longer. If you won't be there till night time then it shouldn't take as long it really depends.

I would allow yourself more than enough time. Once you are in the building getting to your destination is not hard and confusing (at least nothing like Cheersport if you have been there)

And if you are actually in the arena performing and not just one of the halls than you definitely want to get there after you drop your kid with the team because it could take some time. If your kid is in a hall you could go up 10-15 mins before they perform and be perfectly fine!

I would take the train in if its an option... traffic is a nightmare and there is a stop at the convention center.
I always go over on Friday night to purchase wristbands to avoid the long lines.
This is one of the largest comps in the world and its huge and packed! Unless you know exactly where your going give yourself lots of time. Again I suggest a dry run on Friday.
Good luck and my other tip is to bring drinks/food as the lines are insane and they ran out of food last year on Sunday.

I just posted on a Dallas food truck message board about the upcoming competition...
Last year convention center ran out of food!
Our hotel wasn't any better! 2 hour wait for a burger.
A nice woman responded and told me the convention center doesn't allow any Food trucks.
They are not allowed to park on the streets of Dallas. I am putting a call out to NCA please see if you can get food trucks to partner with convention center so we can have some decent food choices this year? Pretty please??

I would take the train in if its an option... traffic is a nightmare and there is a stop at the convention center.
I always go over on Friday night to purchase wristbands to avoid the long lines.
This is one of the largest comps in the world and its huge and packed! Unless you know exactly where your going give yourself lots of time. Again I suggest a dry run on Friday.
Good luck and my other tip is to bring drinks/food as the lines are insane and they ran out of food last year on Sunday.

Has anyone ever done the Dart train in on Saturday? Thinking of doing that since we have to be there early afternoon and think parking might be difficult

My friend and i are going as spectators this year for our first time.. Any tips from NCA veterans? Thanks :)

Edit: not even sure how I logged into my super old account..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend and i are going as spectators this year for our first time.. Any tips from NCA veterans? Thanks :)

Edit: not even sure how I logged into my super old account..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you want to buy and of the NCA Nationals merchandise (especially clothes), do it Friday morning. The most popular styles and sizes sell out very quickly.

Wow! Thanks everyone! Will def go on Fri for tix and merch. Team has a bus for athletes but us parents are on our own :(

Has anyone ever done the Dart train in on Saturday? Thinking of doing that since we have to be there early afternoon and think parking might be difficult

The DART is awesome. I didn't use it super early last year but used it repeatedly from about noon on and it was full but no issues not getting on.

I need to know if anyone will be spray tanning in their hotel Friday. Orrrr, a good place to go in the area. Thanks

Back