All-Star Nca 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Response from Justin Carrier on Twitter:

1. 200 teams didn't get in to NCA last year bc registration closed in 45 min. Parents were mad at gym owners bc they thought it was their fault

2. These changes aren't ideal for every person, but they are gonna help a lot of gyms whose businesses suffered last year because we were full.

This only confirms the direction I figured this was heading---this has nothing to do with making the convention center less congested or make it so the CC didn't have such late nights (As was suggested on a prior page)...nope, none of this will happen, because for everything eliminated and spread out, there are now 200 gym's worth of teams coming to take all of that space. So now instead of 2 overcrowded days there will be 4. Poor poor coaches.

And let's not forget cheersport the weekend before. If your gym travels to both comps.. That's a long 2 weeks of closed gym time, traveling and angry(broke) parents. Some could be flying in from cheersport Monday and hopping on a flight Thursday for Dallas and flying back out on Tuesday [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back up the train. Are you saying D2 has stricter crossover rules than D1 Summit???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
No I was saying the opposite.
D1 has stricter rules. D2 is like any other competition. You're allowed to crossover multiple levels except for World's athletes.

Yes. NDA is Feb 10-12 at the Gaylord Convention Center. Information is posted on the Varsity website. Yet another challenge when CP doubles as a DP and you have the expense and pleasure of returning to Dallas Feb 24-26 for NCA.

4T9E7nAXc.jpeg
Hope your CP/DP isn't also a UCA high school cheerleader. Those are UCA national dates as well.

This only confirms the direction I figured this was heading---this has nothing to do with making the convention center less congested or make it so the CC didn't have such late nights (As was suggested on a prior page)...nope, none of this will happen, because for everything eliminated and spread out, there are now 200 gym's worth of teams coming to take all of that space. So now instead of 2 overcrowded days there will be 4. Poor poor coaches.
It's been 3 days long (well 2.5), but I agree. It doesn't seem like it's going to help the crowding too much. Though, this was my first year going and it really didn't seem too crowded to me. Adding 200 more gyms might though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Most of the things I wanted to say have been said and I've just shimmied their posts. But I think this is a bad idea. Too expensive and too much missed school. I think they should use more of the halls if there are any, and if not just have the same amount of teams come. But that won't make as much money so they won't want to do that. Having dance in a different venue or weekend could be hard if you are a dance to cheer crossover. I think something had to be done but this wasn't the right something.

I see what you are saying but I think it is the same either way. You have a day before you compete and a travel day after. So either way everyone is missing 2 weekdays.

Compete Fri/Sat - Missing Thursday, Friday
Compete Sat/Sun - Missing Friday, Monday
Compete Sun/Mon - Missing Monday, Tuesday

NCA doesn't allow crossovers outside of level so the only group this will effect is cross overs from 4.2 to Level 2. Those athletes will be competing 3 days.

Not true. For a Sat/Sun comp, one can leave after school on Friday and leave after comp on Sunday. No school days missed. We do that with any competitions within a 6 hour drive. Worst case scenario, if they have practice on Friday night, we do a half day of school on Friday (still counted there all day for us). If they perform late on Sunday, we can still drive home after and she just misses Monday. Now, we have done Friday/Monday off competitions for ones that are further away from us. We would def have to do it for NCA. NCA isn't within driving distance for us but I'm sure it is for plenty.

On another note, I hope to God that our gym decides not to go in 2017. The cost of this comp alone burns me up. Most expensive one we've ever encountered. Can we boycott? Big name gyms have pulled all of their teams from this comp before.

exactly! and what's 200 gyms, times how every many athletes on each team, times entry fees for athletes, times entry fees for parents and other family = MILLIONS of dollars is my guess. oh, and it said on Twitter that they would have 5 performance halls instead of 7. So, still long and crowded.

I know your gym and thought yall have started attending this comp each year now. As long as the gym registers on time it shouldnt be a problem

1. 200 teams didn't get in to NCA last year bc registration closed in 45 min. Parents were mad at gym owners bc they thought it was their fault

2. These changes aren't ideal for every person, but they are gonna help a lot of gyms whose businesses suffered last year because we were full.

While this should allow more teams, any gym can get in if they register when registration opens. I've never seen anyone turned away until at least a week or two after registration opens.

Our gym has been going for over 6 years and has never been turned away, does your gym sign up right away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the things I wanted to say have been said and I've just shimmied their posts. But I think this is a bad idea. Too expensive and too much missed school. I think they should use more of the halls if there are any, and if not just have the same amount of teams come. But that won't make as much money so they won't want to do that. Having dance in a different venue or weekend could be hard if you are a dance to cheer crossover. I think something had to be done but this wasn't the right something.
@Khende3 this ain't an old thread.

Back