All-Star Nca Arena Stage

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I felt like the lights weren't as bright as 2011. Thank god though! I didn't get that hot sauna feeling that I was dreading. Much much better:) wish the music would have been louder though. It was hard to hear while performing!!

I appreciate the feedback. I copied and pasted most of the comments on this thread and shared them with our Production Manager and Senior Staff. It's one thing to have a coach say the music isn't loud enough, it's another to see multiple athletes comment on it. All good stuff. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Just make sure the Production Manager understands that it was the athletes saying it wasn't loud enough. For the crowd, it was like Spinal Tap's 11 on the dial.

First time at NCA and I have to say the arena was AMAZING!!! As a spectator/parent I was blown away and enjoyed it almost as much as being in the milk house for worlds!!! However, As much as I understand the privilege earned by level 5 athletes to compete in this special kind of atmosphere and that it is just impossible to have every team compete in the same form, I still wish levels 1-4 could get to experience how amazing that must be.I think NCA did a wonderful job at making competing in the "halls" feel special too, they just didn't feel much different than competing at any other national. For example Hall E felt "flat" during performances. I can't really say for sure where the "special viewing area" was or if there was one. Our other team stood at the right side of the stage (that may have been it) to support but couldnt view very well nor could the team competing see or hear them or the coaches from their viewing section. For the parents who want to view the routines from the best vantage point possible, it meant having to find whatever available seat we could which meant we were split up and not able to cheer them on as a group. Again, it was a wonderful experience, I just thought I would provide some feedback from a lower level parent & athletes perspective.

ASCheerMan
I don't think it is a problem special to NCA, I have noticed that this was a trend at a lot of comps this season. Cheer America also had the same problem, kids came off the mat complaining they could barely hear their music. If they put monitor speakers around the floor with cones directing the sound to the floor, then add speakers above the floor pointed out to the crowd, it should cover everyone. I'm not the audiophile of the house, my dh is, he is a audio engineer by trade and cringes every time he attends a concert or competition where the sound is out of wack:rolleyes:
BTW if Varsity is ever hiring he would be up for the challenge...lol

I completely understand, and appreciate Judges view should come first, just wish there was a happy medium, Hall B seemed to be better/closer view than Hall A. Just letting ya know from a coaches perspective I preferred Hall B coaches set up, felt close enough without feeling too far away. I would like to "suggest" a "coaches route" from backstage-music table-team after performance. I know there were a few poles knocked down (it wasn't me) lol. Thanks again for reading!

Yes, a coaches route would be great. Even though I am not a coach but a team mom, I stay with the team right until they line up to walk on. I had to roll my bag (because I carry tons of stuff for the team) through the viewing box and then to the coaches box. I prefer to watch from the back. Oh and I didn't knock any poles down either, I promise!!

Yes, a coaches route would be great. Even though I am not a coach but a team mom, I stay with the team right until they line up to walk on. I had to roll my bag (because I carry tons of stuff for the team) through the viewing box and then to the coaches box. I prefer to watch from the back. Oh and I didn't knock any poles down either, I promise!!
Another team mom here! For me getting back to where the team came off and watched the video was the problem (A Hall) - had to run thru the crowd to get there and almost knocked a few people down!! I tried to say excuse me as much as possible :)

As a level 6 athlete it was very dissapointing not to be in the arena. Adding to that to be scored by level 4 and 4.2 judges. Still a great experience though, always love NCA.

yeah, WHY exactly weren't Level 6 teams in the arena when Level 6 is a higher level than 5 and there are even less Level 6 teams than Level 5?? so you're telling me that there wasn't space for like 12 extra teams??... -____-

and you guys were judged by 4 and 4.2 judges???! what??? i'm sorry, my mouth dropped at that one. i would take that as a LARGE slap in the face. i'm so sorry.

yeah, WHY exactly weren't Level 6 teams in the arena when Level 6 is a higher level than 5 and there are even less Level 6 teams than Level 5?? so you're telling me that there wasn't space for like 12 extra teams??... -____-

and you guys were judged by 4 and 4.2 judges???! what??? i'm sorry, my mouth dropped at that one. i would take that as a LARGE slap in the face. i'm so sorry.

I am assuming that because of the large increase in teams at NCA this year, they had to move teams around so restricted 5 and 6 were moved. And just because the other teams in there were level 4 and 4.2 doesn't mean the judges aren't qualified to judge ALL levels. When you get placed on an event to judge...they don't select you by level. You get selected because you are a known judge that meets their qualifications. Then they place these judges on panels, sometimes randomly, because they can ALL pretty much judge all levels...only exception I might put out there is dance judges. I would imagine that panel is specifically those that are VERY knowledgeable in dance as opposed to just cheer. But I would not get all upset that just because of the level of some teams in a hall was one thing, doesn't mean the judges were less qualified to judge other levels. Just putting that out there.

I am assuming that because of the large increase in teams at NCA this year, they had to move teams around so restricted 5 and 6 were moved. And just because the other teams in there were level 4 and 4.2 doesn't mean the judges aren't qualified to judge ALL levels. When you get placed on an event to judge...they don't select you by level. You get selected because you are a known judge that meets their qualifications. Then they place these judges on panels, sometimes randomly, because they can ALL pretty much judge all levels...only exception I might put out there is dance judges. I would imagine that panel is specifically those that are VERY knowledgeable in dance as opposed to just cheer. But I would not get all upset that just because of the level of some teams in a hall was one thing, doesn't mean the judges were less qualified to judge other levels. Just putting that out there.

whatever to the judges thing. there is no excuse in my eyes for them putting level 6 in the arena when it is technically a HIGHER level than 5. not putting restricted 5 in the arena makes sense, 6 does not. slap. in. the. face.

and actually back to the judges thing, i'm sure there were no level 3 judges judging the level 5's... please.

Back