All-Star Nca Arena Stage

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm guessing that since there were so few Level 6 teams...that was an easy decision to move rather than moving level 5s. To avoid running an hour later in the arena...they put them somewhere that would allow for every hall/arena to finish at a decent hour.

and actually back to the judges thing, i'm sure there were no level 3 judges judging the level 5's... please.

Judges are not "LEVELS"!!! I have judged panel and safety for over a decade. We ALL judge ALL levels....just because NCA is large and separates panels and exhibit halls does not mean their judges are any different than any other event...unless to say they are even better than most. Believe me, I was not trained to JUST judge level 2 or level 5 or whatever. I judge any and all levels. So I would imagine there WERE judges in the arena that judge level 3 teams ALL. THE. TIME.

Judges are not "LEVELS"!!! I have judged panel and safety for over a decade. We ALL judge ALL levels....just because NCA is large and separates panels and exhibit halls does not mean their judges are any different than any other event...unless to say they are even better than most. Believe me, I was not trained to JUST judge level 2 or level 5 or whatever. I judge any and all levels. So I would imagine there WERE judges in the arena that judge level 3 teams ALL. THE. TIME.

why are you yelling? lmao. relax.

and i see what you're saying but you're not seeing what i'm saying.

at the end of the day something is off.

This is one of those instances where the Fierceboards frustrate me because I KNOW the answers, but bite my tongue so as to allow public perception to air itself out. When I get home in just a bit, I'll post all the reasons moving Level 6 divisions was the decision we went with. In the meantime, let me reassure that it was done for the right reasons. Nobody was 'slapped in the face,' nothing was 'off' with the decision, and when managing the flow of 16,700 athletes in 6 perfornance venues while considering crossovers, it's not gonna be as simple as 'it's just 12 teams you'd have to move over.' Be back soon. :)

my level 2 went back to back with level 4 teams then some level 5 teams, they didnt switch judges for every level? like everyone has been saying, usually judges can judge all levels? at most smaller compeitons theres only one set of judges in the arena judging all levels...

my level 2 went back to back with level 4 teams then some level 5 teams, they didnt switch judges for every level? like everyone has been saying, usually judges can judge all levels? at most smaller compeitons theres only one set of judges in the arena judging all levels...

There were multiple judging panels in each hall, so either every other or every third team was judged by the same panel.

There were multiple judging panels in each hall, so either every other or every third team was judged by the same panel.
actually sorry, i meant to add in that this wasnt at NCA. I was just using that typically judges dont switch off. Thanks for the info though!:D

I agree with getting from backstage to the music table. I had to leave my team before they were lined up to go on, so I could go do their music

Personally I would rather USASF just eliminate level 6 anyway. There have probably only been a handful of teams over the last several years that could safely and cleanly perform the skills anyway.

I think there is way too much risk with zero benefit in having them.

If we had it our way, EVERY division would perform in the arena. There were many scenarios we were toying with when selecting which divisions should move and Level 6 moving to A-Hall happened to be the scenario that played out this year. Here is a list of supporting facts that that got us to where we are.
- Level 6 teams have the unique challenge of being comprised of mainly coaches... coaches of teams from OTHER programs. This provides scheduling conflicts similar to that of crossovers. We've found that athletes on L6 teams that also coach teams competing at NCA tend to coach Senior level teams--which all occur towards the end of the day. Putting them in the afternoon helps those athletes/coaches be at their teams' performances.

- Running ALL of the standard Level 5 divisions in the arena increases the strength of the scoring, as it pertains to consistency. Consistency is paramount when most of the L5 divisions are competing on score for the allotted bids to Worlds. Moving bid divisions wasn't a good option.

- Many suggested moving Youth or Junior, given they have many more opportunities to experience the arena at an older age. But if Youth and Junior leave the arena, then that leaves only Senior Level 5 divisions to warm up at 645am and perform at 8am. We tried that one year and the end result was a lot of poorly executed tumbling passes sprawled across the mat.

- Level 6 teams didn't compete against the Level 5 teams for bids. So, they were very mobile.
- We strived to give each panel a consistent level to judge for a majority of the day. ALL OF THE JUDGES ARE QUALIFIED IN EVERY LEVEL, but you only increase the chance of consistency when they are forced to focus on just one or two levels throghout the day. The NCA Nationals panels are staffed with experienced and knowledgeable experts and representatives. But more important and crucial than their experience and knowledge is our panels' desire and determination to GET IT RIGHT. I have a lot of faith in our panels because they know their work makes or breaks the competition.

Here is a list of supporting facts that that got us to where we are.

I know that you aren't a huge fan of the Fierce board (or any of the boards), but I want to applaud you for posting.

Frankly, I don't care what you said in your post, I really only care that you said it.

The absolute key to improving and growing this sport is transparency and this goes such a long way in achieving that.

People may or may not be happy with a decision, but they can deal with it much more easily when they know the how and why the decision was reached.

So thanks again for posting and shedding light on the entire process.

ACEDAD said:
Personally I would rather USASF just eliminate level 6 anyway. There have probably only been a handful of teams over the last several years that could safely and cleanly perform the skills anyway.

Agreed. When I read the post about why they weren't in the arena (no offense to anyone) I thought "Probably because most Level 5s are more entertaining." I am NOT saying there aren't some good Level 6s out there, but some of the performances at Worlds, even, are downright scary.

lol because so many athletes have died on the mat and crashed and burned during a Level 6 routine. so. many.

-_________________-

no offense, but thank goodness you are not in charge of all things Cheerleading then :p you sound very bias to me.

my reasons for why Level 6 should definitely stay are way more than the Fierceboard has space for. and some reasons are just PLAIN OBVIOUS. it's ludicrous that i would even HAVE to explain them in the first place.

smh...

ANYWAY'S,

i did ask WHY the Level 6's were shoved elsewhere than the Arena where they deserve to be so thank you ASCheerMan for answering the question. it sounds logical enough but that doesn't mean i have to agree.

but once again, logical. thanks for ANSWERING the question since I was very appalled to here that they weren't in the Arena...

Back