All-Star Nca - Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Spill the beans :)

People on twitter were talking about how they were being disrespectful and how it also happened at worlds, I was just curious if anybody saw this first hand.

Personally, I'm an LL fan so I'm having a hard time believing it.

People on twitter were talking about how they were being disrespectful and how it also happened at worlds, I was just curious if anybody saw this first hand.

Personally, I'm an LL fan so I'm having a hard time believe it.
Big LL fan too, but after Worlds last year there were some pretty disrespectful Tweets towards LB. So who knows, but hopefully everybody can keep it classy!

I'm not sure on everyone's opinion on this but this is mine, and it's also a "pet peeve"...why would a gym send a team to the summit yet alone worlds without a "full paid bid"?? I'm not a coach or an owner, just a parent that totally respects the owner of my daughters gym for turning down a "partial paid bid" at a prior comp!
If you are not "strong" enough to get a full paid bid anywhere, why go? I understand to get the experience ect....but many gyms use that as "advertising" for their facility!
I love the Philosophy of our owner who will not take a team unless it's a full paid bid! Our old gym has went numerous times and I thank God my child is not at that level yet! I sure would not be forking out $$$$ not to make it past the first day!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm not sure on everyone's opinion on this but this is mine, and it's also a "pet peeve"...why would a gym send a team to the summit yet alone worlds without a "full paid bid"?? I'm not a coach or an owner, just a parent that totally respects the owner of my daughters gym for turning down a "partial paid bid" at a prior comp!
If you are not "strong" enough to get a full paid bid anywhere, why go? I understand to get the experience ect....but many gyms use that as "advertising" for their facility!
I love the Philosophy of our owner who will not take a team unless it's a full paid bid! Our old gym has went numerous times and I thank God my child is not at that level yet! I sure would not be forking out $$$$ not to make it past the first day!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

There are actually areas in the US where it is incredibly difficult to get a paid bid and if you don't take the at large, you don't go to worlds at all. In Texas for example you have several World Champs fighting for those paid bids at about every competition. It is even difficult for them to get a paid one again. And Cheer Athletics has actually globed (and even taken home gold) on at large bids.

There are so many pros/cons on taking teams only on paid bids /taking them even if they don't have a shot to get out of prelims, that I could write all day about this. If you search the board you should actually come up with a couple of threads discussing exactly the situation of "too many at large bids".

All I want for Large Senior is that they all hit.

Back