All-Star Nca's Appropriate Choreography Reminder

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lol, basically watch out for this.

If you can show me a cheer routine with girls that age doing that type of moves I would be shocked. I'm curious to what people think would be to suggestive. I would like people to post examples.

I've watched this show before and I wonder how the parents didn't know anything about it prior?
They did, and none of them were happy about it. The teacher insisted though, and there was nothing they could really do about it. :rolleyes:

Just an FYI that my email and posting wasn't a new policy. It was a helpful reminder of a pre-existing policy that's been in place for roughly 5 years. The popularity of Beyonce's song and 'I'm Sexy and I Know It' motivated the decision to remind everyone. So, the only programs that should be inconvenienced by the policy are those new programs new to NCA that didn't read their materials prior to registering.

I have a question that may be straightforward to most, but I'm still wondering.
Are you talking specific PARTS of songs? Or will a team get a warning because they have a part of a song that is in an inappropriate song?
For example (and this isn't in anyone's music as far as I know, just popped into my brain), if a team had the part of Sexy And I Know It that said "when I walk on by, girls be lookin' like damn you fly" and somehow covered the word damn, would there still be grounds for warnings/deductions?
Or (and I have heard this part in music) in Run The World, when she says "I think I need a barber, none of these ______ can fade me", although in the radio version of the song, it's a random noise in place of that blank, in the actual song it's the N word, would a team get in trouble?

Are you talking specific PARTS of songs? Or will a team get a warning because they have a part of a song that is in an inappropriate song?
For example (and this isn't in anyone's music as far as I know, just popped into my brain), if a team had the part of Sexy And I Know It that said "when I walk on by, girls be lookin' like damn you fly" and somehow covered the word damn, would there still be grounds for warnings/deductions?
Or (and I have heard this part in music) in Run The World, when she says "I think I need a barber, none of these ______ can fade me", although in the radio version of the song, it's a random noise in place of that blank, in the actual song it's the N word, would a team get in trouble?
if im not mistaken top gun has "sexy and i know it" during tumbling

Good question. Using parts of a song that have inappropriate lyrics isn't necessarily grounds for a warning/deduction UNLESS the section you are using lends itself to suggesting the inappropriate word. So covering a curse word with sound effects doesn't protect you. I think of it this way: If the crowd decides to sing along with the music in your routine, it won't matter that there's a whip sound over the F word--you may get the entire arena to cuss in unison and THAT is inappropriate. :)

And remember, you will only get cited IF the judges can make out your music to begin with. The judges can't always hear the routines as clearly as the audience and athletes do so they may not catch anything worth citing. I'm not saying it's OK to include inappropriate lyrics, I'm just letting you know that it's unreasonable to think the judges will catch and cite every instance that we define as inappropriate.

Regarding the Dance Moms video above, that instructor is out of her mind and I'm feeling rather contemptuous of those moms right now. If they knew about it and went along with it while at the same time saying they didn't like it than they are simply proving it is more important to them to be on television than to watch out for their children's well-being. I realize this is off thread topic and some may think I'm overreacting, but I am truly appalled. From the costumes to the hair and (shudder) to the dance moves - truly, truly beyond the pale.

Back