All-Star New Age Grid Suggestions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What if we use my age suggestions for ONLY large gyms. Small gyms have no floor. With the new athlete registration system this would be easily enforceable.

THEN there is no separation between small and large gyms division. Each division gives out a 1st place for large gym, 1st place for small gym, and then 2nd through last for everyone else (but on the breakdown sheet it highlights placements for all the small gyms so a small gym that got 10th can know they actually got 3rd among teh small gyms).

how about that?

@CGAcheer would that be fair?

Well we are technically large now anyways, I like the small gym placement idea, but I would rather have the same rules for everyone. my proposal prevents large age gaps while still allowing coaches options to place kids based on the kids individual skills and maturity.

Well we are technically large now anyways, I like the small gym placement idea, but I would rather have the same rules for everyone. my proposal prevents large age gaps while still allowing coaches options to place kids based on the kids individual skills and maturity.

The problem is we have TOO many options. 3 age groups and 1 young exhibition group would allow consolidation and provide more competition AND from an outsiders perspective reasonable groupings.

Remember we need to make sure what we do in allstar cheer makes sense to the outside prospective parent who wants their child to join.

@kingston wants a universal scoresheet? Who knew!?! :D

lol-face.jpg

@kingston
There may be too many options for teams currently, but your proposal doesn't allow for any options when placing teams.

Without complete overlaps if Suzie is 12 she is a jr whether or not you have enough jrs to make a jr team or not. If you are lucky enough to have enough kids then it will be all of the jrs from forward rolls to fulls.

or my situation, we have 8 kids who are currently too old for Jrs, allowing jr aged kids to be on a senior team, lets me actually make a legitimate team.

I don't think any new gym starting from scratch could make your age range work.

Perhaps-
Senior 18-12
Junior 14-9
Youth 11-6
Mini 8-under
No Tiny division

I know there are a ton of really small gyms out there with only about 30 to 40 kids who make just a Senior Team and a Youth team or Just a Junior team and a Mini Team. Under your age grid they would have to make super tiny Senior, Junior, Youth, and Mini teams plus maybe a tiny exhibition team

@kingston
There may be too many options for teams currently, but your proposal doesn't allow for any options when placing teams.

Without complete overlaps if Suzie is 12 she is a jr whether or not you have enough jrs to make a jr team or not. If you are lucky enough to have enough kids then it will be all of the jrs from forward rolls to fulls.

or my situation, we have 8 kids who are currently too old for Jrs, allowing jr aged kids to be on a senior team, lets me actually make a legitimate team.

I don't think any new gym starting from scratch could make your age range work.

Perhaps-
Senior 18-12
Junior 14-9
Youth 11-6
Mini 8-under
No Tiny division

I know there are a ton of really small gyms out there with only about 30 to 40 kids who make just a Senior Team and a Youth team or Just a Junior team and a Mini Team. Under your age grid they would have to make super tiny Senior, Junior, Youth, and Mini teams plus maybe a tiny exhibition team

Under my small gym idea there would be no floors.

What do you proposed for Sr. Restricted 5? Wouldn't a bottom age kill this division (unless that's your point)

I dont think the small gym rule should allow the small gyms to mix in with the other divisions.

There should be a separate small gym division that can allow all kids from ages 6-18. And they will compete in Senior Small Gym.

I don't like having different rules for small gyms. We've never entered a small gym division.

but for example last year we had about 60 kids, so we were a small gym, we would have been able to place 2 yr olds on our sr team and newborns on our Jr team. Now we have 86 and all of a sudden we can't even make a senior team because we only have 8 of them. If you want to create confusion among parents and outsiders that would be a great way to do it.

What do you see wrong with this?
Senior 18-12
Junior 14-9
Youth 11-6
Mini 8-under
No Tiny division

I think age overlap is important for discrepancies in focus and overall maturity of kids. There are some kids that are perhaps ready to be on a senior team at 12, whereas there are others who the coach wishes could stay juniors until they were 20. Gives more options when putting together teams.

It's hard for as (as someone with no coaching experience) to even begin to know what ages would work for the younger kids, but I would support the bottom age for senior moving up to 13. I was 12 in 6th grade....

:deadhorse:The reality in a situation is that nobody will ever be happy when changes are made. For every idea that is thrown out there, someone will always be out there saying "yeah, but if you do that... yada yada yada " or have anectdotal evidence of a 5 year old with a full who just needs to be on a J5 team, or whatever. USASF needs to do what is best for the sport as a whole. Maybe if all of the changes were implemented at once it would hurt a lot less than everything constantly dragging out. Kinda like just ripping the bandaid off instead of easing it off.

so, how many people would be okay with a 16 year old dropping down to compete with youth?

or a tiny being able to be on a youth or junior team?

it's basically the same situation, just A. reversed, or B. in a lower age bracket.

Back