All-Star New Announced Usasf Worlds Stuff

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Team USA is in the premier division - which is a modified Level 6. I believe that division is 17 or 18 years minimum.

The US may limit it to 18+ because they don't want to pull any kids out of school for 2 weeks leading up to worlds. Plus I would say most kids that would be eligible to do it also are on senior teams, so that would cause issues. And the US is looking for athletes with skills already. Most people under 18 haven't cheered level 6 before.

I've been told - though I can't confirm that you cannot be on an allstar team (going to Worlds) and on Team USA. Their training schedule doesn't allow for it.

I've been told - though I can't confirm that you cannot be on an allstar team (going to Worlds) and on Team USA. Their training schedule doesn't allow for it.

I don't think there's a rule against it, but Team USA gets together about 2 weeks before Worlds for practices making it near impossible to practice with another team.

Exactly..I'd wager those are the ONLY teams who are maxed on boys (or who ever would be maxed on boys). Most other teams don't have enough for it to be a problem. Besides Bangkok, but that's why we have this rule now!

My team was maxed out on guys last year. But that was a struggle, so 15 is definitely not going to happen and will only further seperate the top teams from the rest of us.

It think it would depend on who the coaches are for Team USA. It worked out the first year for several of the Louisville cheerleaders to compete for Team USA and one of their International teams at Gym Tyme but since practices were in Louisville it made it easy. I could imagine it being tough if your gym is several states away from where Team USA trains.

so if you get a bid as an allgirl intl 5 you should change to intl coed 5 for worlds?
..Why would you do that? They're still offering allgirl intl 5 and allgirl intl 6. And once you get a bid, you can't change the division for which you got it. (IE- you can't get a bid for small senior 5 and compete large senior 5)

..Why would you do that? They're still offering allgirl intl 5 and allgirl intl 6. And once you get a bid, you can't change the division for which you got it. (IE- you can't get a bid for small senior 5 and compete large senior 5)
that's exactly what i thought thats why im confused about what this thread is saying, but I'll just settle for not understanding it

that's exactly what i thought thats why im confused about what this thread is saying, but I'll just settle for not understanding it
Worlds follows the International grid in the "International" divisions. The international grid was just changed to better match the needs of the non-US teams. The question is whether to change the US grid to match the less-restrictive international one.

The two changes are:

1. The age cutoff date was changed from August 31, 2011 to December 31, 2012. This lowers the minimum age by over a year. With many people in the US arguing for HIGHER age restrictions in this division, this one is not likely to be popular.

2. International Coed 6 was changed from a max of 12 males to 15. It is practically guaranteed that the top US teams will change their roster for Worlds to match this. You are free argue all you want about whether those teams SHOULD do that, the fact is that they will to avoid being at a competitive disadvantage. The question is whether to require those teams to only have 12 males for qualifying events. (SIDE NOTE: I believe that the US grid was changed from no restriction on males to 12 this past year in order to be in line with the International one.)

It is still uncertain at this point if the US grid will change to match either of those changes.

Back