All-Star New Announced Usasf Worlds Stuff

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I get WHY they're doing it (to keep ICU Standards in line with USASF Standards so teams don't get penalized when cross-competing), but I think it's really really stupid.
You are right! "Really Really Stupid"
Most wanted it to get older in age and now we are going down in age????? We got to get it together...

This is preposterous.................
NEW: Competitor's Age - "Year of the Competition" -ALL International Open Divisions (Levels 5 & 6) will follow the ICU Cheerleading World Championships age requirement (known as the "International Standard") for determining the required age of a competitor. This standard is followed in most sports around the globe. The age of a competitor will be determined based on the date of birth falling during the "year of the competition." Example: A competitor who turns 14 up until December 31, 2012 will be eligible to compete at the 2012 Worlds in an International Open Level 5 Division.
Is USASF going to change the ages for our 2011-2012 age grid for the US teams???

Can someone if anyone on this board that helped make these rules help me with my post above about changing the US age grid for the season?

Can someone if anyone on this board that helped make these rules help me with my post above about changing the US age grid for the season?
This was a change done by the International folks. The U.S. Rules Committee has not met since this was decided. I would guess that the decision on whether to adjust the US grid to match the international one will happen within the week.

This was a change done by the International folks. The U.S. Rules Committee has not met since this was decided. I would guess that the decision on whether to adjust the US grid to match the international one will happen within the week.
Can you speculate on whether or not this will be a permanent change? With the talk of pushing UP the worlds age minimum for seniors, this kinda counters that. Kinda counters our whole system, actually lol.

It clearly states that you still have to follow the USASF age grid for competing in the US.

thank you

if this is true then i am sure there will be some very upset FOLKS! but hopefully they will make it even across the board
I assume it would be the same as the 15 males for IOC6. You have to compete following the rules all year (at least for when you get your bid) Then you can add the extras. So you woul dhave to follow the age limits, then add a fetus or 2 so guys in their 20s can do crazy stunts with 13 yo girls

I assume it would be the same as the 15 males for IOC6. You have to compete following the rules all year (at least for when you get your bid) Then you can add the extras. So you woul dhave to follow the age limits, then add a fetus or 2 so guys in their 20s can do crazy stunts with 13 yo girls
I think its a shame these rules come out after tryouts all the time... I agree with you on the fetus part. LOL Whats next?!?

When will we find out if usasf is going to change the age grid so that the team who gets the bid can stay the same for worlds .. Adding n switching kids is not my favorite thing to do!

When will we find out if usasf is going to change the age grid so that the team who gets the bid can stay the same for worlds .. Adding n switching kids is not my favorite thing to do!
From this paragraph below on the Worlds Document, I don't think they plan on making any changes. How many athletes are going to be affected by this? It would only let you add athletes that were born in a 1 year period. While that is a decent range, I doubt anyone will be adding that many more athletes to their teams. Most teams make it known that just because you competed with the team to get a bid doesn't mean you will be on the floor at Worlds. Making 1 or 2 substitutions shouldnt be an issue.

NOTE: The USASF/IASF recognizes that teams and event producers from the U.S.A. must follow the
current 2011-12 USASF Age Grid and Guidelines at all Worlds Bid Qualifiers. However teams from the
U.S.A. receiving Cheerleading Worlds bids and attending the 2012 Cheerleading Worlds may use
substitution/alternate athletes to form a team that matches the new guidelines listed above for the 2012
Cheerleading Worlds for these select divisions. Of course, those athletes would have to follow the same
eligibility, substitution and alternate guidelines for The Worlds, including the guidelines requiring a
Release Waiver. Again these new guidelines only impact those teams competing in the 2012
Cheerleading Worlds in the all International Open Levels 5 & 6 divisions.

Back