All-Star New Cheer Athletics Location

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A thousand times yes on this! As being personally involved in a situation like this, and seeing it totally implode, I cannot agree more! Just because you are the best coach/choreographer does not by any stretch mean you have the capability of owning a successful All Star Gym.

I know the situation you are talking about personally. More than I ever posted about and it hurts me because I truly wanted to see that program succeed and flourish. The sad thing is it makes you more aware and less trusting at the same times as a client, athlete and a staffer.[/QUOTE]
Yes, and it has happened to us twice. It was the main reason my kid is not in All-Stars this year-and frankly why a lot of good athletes in this area are not cheering this year. That is why I was just wishing CA would come here-they above any one else (Except another program like World Cup or TG) could come into this area and really be successful. I keep hoping for a change. But that hope fades each year.

And they said they 'might' even tell us the name of the city.
*brushes up on state flowers, agriculture, and import/exports incase they give us hints*

It's going to be like "Portland" and not tell us if it's Oregon or Maine. (I don't think it's either of those locations, but I wouldn't be surprised if they give the city name and we still have 5 options in the running.)

It's going to be like "Portland" and not tell us if it's Oregon or Maine. (I don't think it's either of those locations, but I wouldn't be surprised if they give the city name and we still have 5 options in the running.)

I decided you were right and that Seattle is out, then I realized Auburn. Clawburn. Perfect. And none of ya'll (already working on my Texan) know where Auburn, WA is, so it would be a fun surprise. Lol

I decided you were right and that Seattle is out, then I realized Auburn. Clawburn. Perfect. And none of ya'll (already working on my Texan) know where Auburn, WA is, so it would be a fun surprise. Lol

LOL sadly I was thinking this way too. They already have Clawstin so they can't add a Clawston for Houston. There's also an Auburn, NY right down the road from me ;) there's 3.

LOL sadly I was thinking this way too. They already have Clawstin so they can't add a Clawston for Houston. There's also an Auburn, NY right down the road from me ;) there's 3.

Perfect head game. [emoji23]

All they said was north, it could be 2 miles north of the Plano location for all we know lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But it would have to be north of Charlotte too... Of course it could be 2 miles north of them as well ;)
I can honestly say this makes me nervous if it's in KC. I coach at a gym in the KC area, and we've had a really successful season. It would really suck to lose a bunch a kids that wouldn't have left otherwise just because a shiny new big name gym comes to town. It would really hurt our gym, so I'm really hoping KC isn't where CA plans to open. We have lots of smaller gyms (no big names) that would probably be destroyed by this. I believe that KC Cheer and my gym are the only two with D1 summit bids in the KC area (Tumble Cheer has a D2 bid), so it would really really hurt gyms here. I am anxiously awaiting the announcement.

ETA: Cheer Eclipse, ICT Legacy, and The Cheer Pitt compete in KC quite a bit and compete well nationally. But unless parents/athletes are willing to drive 2-3 hours to go to CA KC (hypothetically speaking of course) I don't think they would feel a hit in numbers because of a big name in the KC area. Unless they have kids commuting from here to there already, but I don't think they do.

ETA (again):

Worlds bids. KC Cheer is the only local gym with a full pid bid (Fierce 5), and the only one with two worlds teams (Fearless). Cheer Eclipse has an at large and KCAC has an at large but that's it. I could see R5 teams getting hit pretty hard and I imagine that any kids not on Fierce 5 would probably at least consider jumping ship.

Again, all of this is hypothetical.
It makes me nervous if it's anywhere in MO to be honest... My former gym is growing so so much but I think if CA were to come here people might go just because it's a big name. Columbia is right in the middle so it would only be a two hour commute to either. If it was in Jeff City (it's not, obviously, but it could've been) I think it would be a huge problem for them. BUT I doubt it would be Missouri (also hope it's not lol, unless they go to like Springfield or something).
I was thinking that if it were KC, the only two gyms off the top of my head I could confidently say would survive would be Fury and KC Cheer. Not because the other gyms aren't strong gyms, but it's going to be way more detrimental to them simply because they're small, so losing a few kids can make a big difference.

As a former Pittsburgh athlete, I would LOVE to see CA in the 'burgh! I would be very interested to see how a gym with such a huge name would shake things up! Pittsburgh has SO much talent in both cheer and dance.
Definitely, it would be something new for us and to also stir up the competition lol.

I hope people reading this thread (and others like them) can truly understand the full range of emotions behind this subject. I have talked with five coaches from different states saying if this happens in their area (regardless who the mega or larger branded gym was coming to town) they would have no choice but to close down. A couple more are trying to make deals out now so we will hear many more announcements before next season starts. Not hating on anyone expanding their brand or vision. I wish them success, even if they plop down in my market which we believe someone will do within the next couple of years. But when you see it from the other side, it is tough. Again, this is the new normal.

A good friend said it best this am. It is like being on Shark Tank: Cheer Version. You either let them circle you and take you out or you present your best offer to them and hope they let you live.

Back