OT new food ideas?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 14, 2009
what do you guys eat everyday? i'm a really picky eater and end up eating the pretty much the exact same thing every day. so i'm looking to switch it up a bit. any good snacks or things that are easy to make that are still healthy?

please note- i don't eat things with high amounts of high fructose corn syrup, milk, anything with hydrogenated oils, anything with palm oil, anything fried.

Thought I could help until I read this, "please note- i don't eat things with high amounts of high fructose corn syrup, milk, anything with hydrogenated oils, anything with palm oil, anything fried." lol.

How do you liveeeeeeee?

my daughter is very picky as well and we are always on the run so finding healthy stuff is difficult but she really likes Edamame...(japanese beans in the pod) I buy them frozen and microwave and shake on kosher salt. packed with protein and fiber

what do you guys eat everyday? i'm a really picky eater and end up eating the pretty much the exact same thing every day. so i'm looking to switch it up a bit. any good snacks or things that are easy to make that are still healthy?

please note- i don't eat things with high amounts of high fructose corn syrup, milk, anything with hydrogenated oils, anything with palm oil, anything fried.

:0

Soooo.. what does that leave us with? (;

i give my daughter fruit with dips it can be peanut butter i ahve made them from lots of things some salad dressing cream chesses with some raisins and brown sugar or honey. we also do wraps with vegs and mat no cheese and mustard for lunches. dinner we make big pots of chilli and soup and freeze portions. hope this is some help

An alternative to soda and a lot of juices could be Izze Sparkling Juice. It's made with real fruit so it has natural sugar but it has less than regular sodas and juice. It's really, really good too! It doesn't have that overwhelming sweet taste, it's very refreshing! You'll have to check the labels because as far as ingredients go, I have no idea, but you should look into it! My favorites are Blackberry, Grapefruit, Pomegranate and Clementine. Here's their website: http://www.izze.com. The bottles are also adorable, I collect them!

I am an extremely picky eater as well but I LOVE Bagel Thins! For breakfast I put peanut butter or nutella on them and for lunch I put a little bit of fat free ranch or Italian salad dressing with some chicken or turkey and lettuce for a sandwich. Both of these options travel very well and would be a great alternative to greasy competition food!

Refried beans are slowly becoming my favorite (I just tried making them from scratch today..didn't turn out how I wanted them too :/). I use them in quesadillas, with rice, or just plain with some cheese on top. Sooo yummy! Great as a homemade tortilla chip-dip (just toast some tortillas on a pan in the oven then break up into chips.) Mmm.. I'm a cooking fiend. Made some oven-roasted pulled pork today..

thanks guys. it's not like i never eat junk food, i just try to stay away from it and keep it out of the house. i'm gonna try making some wraps tonight for lunches/dinners this week.

and i'll look into those bagel thins. they sound yummy

idk what hydrogenated oils or palm oils are..but ive recently become obsessed with tuna. and i despise sea food so its strange.. but i put a tiny bit of fat free miracle whip in it and a spoonfull of relish and its delicious. also im obsessed with quesedillas..i litterally eat a quesedilla every day but i have a feeling that has those kind of oils in it. OH also i make wraps with tortillas, lunch meat and chive and onion sour cream. i havent tried bagel thins yet but one of my sorority sisters eats them for lunch with just mustard on them and she loves them..they look really good! its amazing to me how low maintenance i have become when it comes to food. its so much harder when im makin/ buying it myself haha.

when I say I'm going to cut out something in my diet, I just want it more! haha! God Bless you for your will power!

I love popcorn, chocolate mint chewy bars (only 90 cals and soooo good!), pringles stix, peanut butter and pretzel sandwiches, and frozen grapes!

ps on the bagel thins: They are delicious! but they cook about half as fast as a normal bagel! and they CAN smoke out your kitchen if they're cooked too long! just sayin...

How in the world do y'all not eat hot pockets, hot cheetos, cheez-it party mix & goldfish..in one sitting? Haha not really. But I would never have that kind of willpower! Good for you guys, wish I could do that :/ ha!

Back