OT new food ideas?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
best invention for a snack on the go is fruit packs, like apples and grapes allready sliced up and sealed in a pack, they are fantastic for eating on the go or eating in class (which is my life), i agree with bagel thins yummm......also turkey wraps with different types of wraps can change up the same old turkey sandwich and give it a different taste

I don't know if sour cream counts as milk to you, but mixing sour cream with brown sugar and putting it on stawberries is the best thing everrr. It's basically Strawberries Romanov without the Brandy haha. Super easy too!

Also, I dont know what you already eat, but one of my faves that is pretty healthy (depending on how much cheese you put) is stuffed red (mexican) peppers. We get the peppers either at our specialty grocery store or the local mexican market and they look like this :http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2006/01/14/ho_plant_1.jpg Make sure you get the big long sweet red or mild green (i like red better personally) peppers NOT the spicy varieties....the mexican market especially has a whole aisle of just peppers so you have to be careful. Then you just cut off the top, clean out the center and fill it with chicken and cheese (we use colby jack because its a mix of cheddar and monterrey). Cover the peppers in enchilada sauce (which can be made at home with all fresh ingredients if none of the premade cans fill your restrictions) and bake them! The insides get almost steamed and its super yummy :)

I don't know if sour cream counts as milk to you, but mixing sour cream with brown sugar and putting it on stawberries is the best thing everrr. It's basically Strawberries Romanov without the Brandy haha. Super easy too!

well, maybe i should clarify. when i mean "milk" i mean i just don't drink milk. but i eat dairy products.

An alternative to soda and a lot of juices could be Izze Sparkling Juice. It's made with real fruit so it has natural sugar but it has less than regular sodas and juice. It's really, really good too! It doesn't have that overwhelming sweet taste, it's very refreshing! You'll have to check the labels because as far as ingredients go, I have no idea, but you should look into it! My favorites are Blackberry, Grapefruit, Pomegranate and Clementine. Here's their website: http://www.izze.com. The bottles are also adorable, I collect them!

delicious. i live by them.

I have a few ideas of small snacks for you. Have you ever heard of the Mediterranean 'diet'? If not, google it and you can get some really fun all natural recipes. Dr. Will Clower also wrote a few books about this type of eating (which it seams like you are leaning towards from your post), and he has a lot of great recipes and tips about avoiding preservatives (like HFCS, Aspartame, etc).

A couple of ideas:

1) Do you like oatmeal? You can have a lot of fun with plain oatmeal (plain to avoid excess sugars). You can add fruit, cinnamon, a bit of brown sugar, raisins, etc.

2) For a change from the typical wrap, try making wraps out of lettuce cups (just cut a head of lettuce in half and you can peel the 'cups' away). Put your favorite lunch meat or grilled/baked chicken and add your toppings. It's a nice change and you get a good crunch from the fresh lettuce too.

3) Omelets are good any time of the day in my opinion. If you are watching fat content, you could just use the egg white or one yolk to every two eggs. You can add whatever you like in it. I also like to add a touch of real maple syrup while it's cooking sometimes too!

Google around for all natural recipes. There are tons of fun things out there! :)

i get these little packages for hummus- they look like pudding cups almost, just smaller. They come in there own little packages, and there great with crackers/carrots pretty much anywhere

Omg, all of you really have different eating habits compared to Europe/Scandinavia/Sweden! Haha just had to say that :)

I don't know if you have crisp bread in the US? And if you even know what I mean? Here it is http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/breadstuffs/images/avocado-crispbread-230.jpg It's really healthy and it's delicious to have tuna salad or smashed avocado with some peppar on it. You can also have like philadelphia or something on it.

When I'm in a rush but I need to eat a real meal, not snacks, I usually cook pasta. Either to make a salad with tuna and stuff or with pesto and some vegetables. Always works!
Over here we always eat potatoes, haha. Try potato salad or mashed potatoes :)

Back