All-Star New Gym Acquisitions 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

LOL i just got the name... because angels have halos.

you're 16 and seemingly have difficulty staying at one program for more than one season at a time, but you're going to commit to running your own gym? will you shut down your gym when you get bored or want to be in a different location? are there other staff members? is there a facility? i have so many questions.

Tonya is a phenomenal tumbling coach and angel is a phenomenal athlete and maybe even a coach (doesn't she teach clinics in the summer?)... but no. this sounds like a disaster. I'll gladly eat my words and be proven wrong, though, if they want to be successful.

Yall kill me.
This girl is 16. I am sure she isn't running a cheer program alone. Common sense now.
I am doubly sure that there are several adults who were "just" great cheerleaders that have opened gyms. Some of those have failed, some have thrived.
And God forbid, I hope none of you makes a grammar mistake on social media. We will tar and feather you [emoji15]

I'm sure we are all just curious, but the tone in here is VERY judgmental. Sheesh, can the girl live?

I am now even more confused then I was before. Also is there any way new gyms could stop using blue, black and white? These colors are beautiful but so many gyms have them. just my opinion

Last edited:
Brave move, if nothing else. Sure hoping it is well planned, and not a wishful thinking thing like Trinity. As for grammar, I mess up on ALL social media, all the time. But for business announcements it seems important to double check. You most certainly look as though you aren't detail oriented when you don't... I am not as detail oriented as I should be, so I would check.

Eta: punctuation mistake... lol.

Last edited:
Yall kill me.
This girl is 16. I am sure she isn't running a cheer program alone. Common sense now.
I am doubly sure that there are several adults who were "just" great cheerleaders that have opened gyms. Some of those have failed, some have thrived.
And God forbid, I hope none of you makes a grammar mistake on social media. We will tar and feather you [emoji15]

I'm sure we are all just curious, but the tone in here is VERY judgmental. Sheesh, can the girl live?

Sure, she can live. Best of luck to all of them. But let's be real, very few former "just good cheerleaders" have opened successful gyms which still exist, and none did it at the age of 16.
I agree, she probably has adult help, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that the girl's name is forever affiliated with (if not essential to the foundation of) this gym. If it ends in disaster she may have a difficult time attempting it again in the future. This isn't like showbiz, where an empire can be built on a kid's name. The stakes are way higher when you consider that they're taking the bodies and minds of young athletes into their hands.
From a parent perspective, I would rather consider a gym whose reputation is built upon an experienced, obviously successful, coach (like the athlete's Mom, maybe.)

I read the Mom's posting and not for 1 sec, I thought this minor child will be in charge of running and beinghands on gym owner, she will only be a figurehead in this business endeavored... What really concerned me is like one poster said, allowing this young woman a chance to breathe. .. It appears everyone jumped on this young lady's back and banking on her name to bring in money, I believe, this is wrong and only my opinion, she should be allowed to pursue other outside interest, have neighborhood friends, go to school and just be a normal 16 year old, did she even ever have a simple birthday party, Sweet 16 celebration, etc.? I do not know this young lady, but I do understand young people maturation and there are things all young people must experience or they will revisit these things later in their lifetime...

PS: Please AR's family allow her to breathe and be a child, stop rushing her to grow up; she will have many more years to be grown and play grown-up games...js

I agree with @Pebbles49. She's 16. There's no need to rush into being a businesswoman or even a figurehead before you can even drive.

The "there" in that moms post - wow does it make me think she's uneducated. I am not immune from making grammar mistakes myself, but how could she miss that on something so important, or not have someone proof read :(.

So the mom has coaching qualifications, is that what some of you are saying? Just for tumbling, or does she know stunting too? How old is the sister and what is her background? Do either of them have any kind of business background or education? Has AR ever even coached before?

I really think this is crazy. It also makes a little more sense why she did the Smoed thing though if this was her goal - that the Internet show/association w/ SMOED kids, would get her a little more fame that could attract customers. Wonder if AR will cheer on any of their teams? Can she even do that while she's on Orange if they aren't at the same competition?

So the mom has coaching qualifications, is that what some of you are saying? Just for tumbling, or does she know stunting too? How old is the sister and what is her background? Do either of them have any kind of business background or education? Has AR ever even coached before?
I believe Mama is a very well known power tumbling coach. I have no idea if she has stunting knowledge, but I don't think it would be too hard to learn for someone who understands the sports and the mechanics of the body.

I can't say I understand why they're opening a gym. I would think that if AR wanted to coach, she could start as a junior coach at Stingrays, but I don't know the whole story. I'm not waiting for her to fail, but I hope she realizes how difficult this will be, ESPECIALLY in the Atlanta. Girlfriend seems to be really hardworking and passionate, from what I've heard, so best of luck to her.

I guess I'm the only one impressed that she will co-own a gym at that young age. Props to her ambition and drive and I truly wish her to succeed in the competitive Atlanta market.

Also, the Mom's grammar error: she doesn't even work at her daughter's business, that was just an announcement from a proud mother, so give her some slack!

Back