New Here; Gym Name Ideas!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 29, 2014
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum but have been a long time viewer (somewhat stalker of posts). I finally took the step and got myself a user which as you can imagine is very much overdue.

I am based in Australia and have a friend who is looking at opening her own gym (dependent on fiances) and I said i'd help generate some ideas of gym names.

She already knows her colors will be blue, white and black with a huge emphasis on sparkles. Besides that she is very stuck on creating a name that isn't already in use or at least shows a level of professionalism. She'd love to incorporate something that has alot of 'sass' but is also something that boys feel they can still attend (so not overally girly!)

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum but have been a long time viewer (somewhat stalker of posts). I finally took the step and got myself a user which as you can imagine is very much overdue.

I am based in Australia and have a friend who is looking at opening her own gym (dependent on fiances) and I said i'd help generate some ideas of gym names.

She already knows her colors will be blue, white and black but besides that she is very stuck on creating a name that isn't already in use or at least shows a level of professionalism.

What shade of blue are we talking: Columbia, royal, navy (hope not, wouldn't contrast well with black), turquoise, periwinkle?

What shade of blue are we talking: Columbia, royal, navy (hope not, wouldn't contrast well with black), turquoise, periwinkle?

Thank you for your reply. Royal blue from my understanding. She's already got ideas in mind for Uniforms with an emphasis on "sparkle"

Thank you for your reply. Royal blue from my understanding. She's already got ideas in mind for Uniforms with an emphasis on "sparkle"
Anything unique about the gym location, or is there a certain theme she likes?

Anything unique about the gym location, or is there a certain theme she likes?

Excellent questions! The gym in located in Melbourne, so probably wouldn't say it was a unique gym. In terms of themes, I think she's been looking into having team names like "sparkle" "glitter" but in saying that I know she is hesitant in going down that route due to wanting to be a 'boy' friendly gym. She wants the gym to stand out from the rest.

I'm not familiar with Australian gyms, so forgive me if these are similar to/already are gyms. Just a few ideas off the top of my head.
Cheer Melbourne
Melbourne Athletics
Melbourne Elite
Now going with the sparkle theme:
Shine Athletics
Shine Cheer Elite
Spark Athletics/Cheer/Elite, etc...
Radiant Athletics/Cheer/Elite, etc...
I'll let you know if I think of anything else :)

What amazing ideas everyone! Keep them coming!

I absolutely adore Galaxy Allstars. That sounds very cool!

Hello everyone,

She already knows her colors will be blue, white and black but besides that she is very stuck on creating a name that isn't already in use or at least shows a level of professionalism.

Class Act Allstars
Prime Athletics
Hello everyone,

A-List Allstars
Prime Athletics
First- Class Allstars
Top Flight Allstars
Top Tier Elite (Allstars)
Captains Club Elite Allstars

Good Luck to you and your friend!!

There already is a Galaxy Elite Allstars in Brisbane that started recently. I like the suggestions either Melbourne Athletics or Melbourne Cheer Club (so MCC) or what about Sparkle Allstars?

Ultimate Melbourne Cheer
Melbourne Cheer Enforcers
Infinity Allstars
Monarch Cheer Allstars
Royalty Cheer Elite
Element Allstars ( The team names could be like, metals, like gold, silver, platinum, titanium, krypton)
Galaxy Elite Athletics
Beast Athletics (Monsterz Mutant Anthrax Berserk Wicked Freakz Fury Rage)

May not be that good but just some ideas!

Hello everyone, still trying to think of some names for the program. I really like Prime Athletics and Infinity All-Stars from the suggestions recommended, my only issue is there is already a PA club here in Melbourne (not Prime but their initials end up being PA too). But would love to create an even bigger list to eventually narrow down.

Back