High School New High School Uniforms 2014-2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When I went to school back in the dark ages, Jr. High was 7-9 and HS was 10-12. Now it's MS 6-8 and HS 9-12.

Sorry for the double post :)

That's how it was for me too. But it wasn't during the dark ages...my 9th grade year was the last year they had the 6-7, 8-9 and 10-12. The 2009-2010 school year was the first year they transitioned to the middle school of 6-8 and high school of 10-12

That's how it was for me too. But it wasn't during the dark ages...my 9th grade year was the last year they had the 6-7, 8-9 and 10-12. The 2009-2010 school year was the first year they transitioned to the middle school of 6-8 and high school of 10-12
Did they make 9th grade junior high?

Right now my old HS team has half the team in one uni and half in another bc there wasn't enough :/ the new coach didn't cut anyone. Sucks because half are wearing the very old uni when we got brand new ones comp season of my senior year. If they woulda cut two people they'd be fine soooo i think it's weird lol

I have a question. Do captains generally have a different uniform or something special on their uniform that indicates they are a captain? Just wondering if this is a trend I was not aware of. Like, for example, do you go home with your uniform and iron on a big C?

One team in our county has the captains wear a different uniform that the others.

Are you guys competing this season (I'm suddenly remembering the sock thread)?
Coach never brought it up after the meeting where she said that "we WILL be competing!" It was never going to happen the seniors are babies. They won't do cradles or basket tosses because "they hurt". The captain made another stunt group do an opposite leg lib to hitch because "it feels too awkward. I don't want to try it." WTF?

They are so lucky I am not coaching or have any say.

Coach never brought it up after the meeting where she said that "we WILL be competing!" It was never going to happen the seniors are babies. They won't do cradles or basket tosses because "they hurt". The captain made another stunt group do an opposite leg lib to hitch because "it feels too awkward. I don't want to try it." WTF?

Why are they cheering if they are going to complain that much?

Why are they cheering if they are going to complain that much?
Good question.

Then, you have my cp with 11 years of dance who is in the back row for the dance. And, my other cp who is one of the lightest, tightest, most flexible girls on the team as a backspot with two flyers who are afraid to fly.

It's okay, me & like 3 others out of 31 are the only non babies.

It's okay, me & like 3 others out of 31 are the only non babies.
My cps are fine with working hard to get results. The coach never started/continued a proper conditioning program. The stunt groups change almost weekly. It is all a hot mess.

They have all the seniors in the middle for part of the dance doing double toe touches when they can't really do singles and don't know how to do doubles. My freshman tries to explain, but she is a freshman. She doesn't do allstar and doesn't have major tumbling, but the girl has spent hours and hour watching videos and even learning some of the dances.

Everyone keeps saying that it will get better. She is really afraid it won't.

My cps are fine with working hard to get results. The coach never started/continued a proper conditioning program. The stunt groups change almost weekly. It is all a hot mess.

They have all the seniors in the middle for part of the dance doing double toe touches when they can't really do singles and don't know how to do doubles. My freshman tries to explain, but she is a freshman. She doesn't do allstar and doesn't have major tumbling, but the girl has spent hours and hour watching videos and even learning some of the dances.

Everyone keeps saying that it will get better. She is really afraid it won't.

I understand your daughter though, I get where she is coming from. I'm never anywhere near the front, & none of these girls have cheered outside of highschool, I'm on allstar & have been cheering for 13 years, it gets annoying at time

Back