OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Parents, I have a question for you. My boyfriend got in trouble for something he didn't do and now he got his door taken off. It was his mom that slammed open the door causing a hole in it but she still let his dad blame him. Is it right to let your child take the fall? I'm just curious because this is not the first I've heard of parents taking away a child's door.

didn't want to post a thread just for this, but does anyone know a guesstimate of how long after a comp the professional pics go up? I just competed at UCA college nationals, and I believe universal event photography covers the comp.

Parents, I have a question for you. My boyfriend got in trouble for something he didn't do and now he got his door taken off. It was his mom that slammed open the door causing a hole in it but she still let his dad blame him. Is it right to let your child take the fall? I'm just curious because this is not the first I've heard of parents taking away a child's door.
Absolutely not. Not only are you making your child (no matter what age) feel powerless but I find it to be extremely hypocritical on the mother's part. Taking off the door though as a punishment for something legitimate...often threatened in my house, never carried through.

Absolutely not. Not only are you making your child (no matter what age) feel powerless but I find it to be extremely hypocritical on the mother's part. Taking off the door though as a punishment for something legitimate...often threatened in my house, never carried through.
That was my thought process! It's been threatened by my parents but never carried through..

I don't know the dynamics of that family so I can't answer whether it was right for the mom to let the kid take the fall...however I'm thinking Lifetime ( After all I live in a state with a high domestic violence rate so I'm wary of everything )...but no. In my particular family my mom would not do that and my parents would have never taken the door off the hinge...1. Because they wouldn't want to tear apart their house 2. They wouldn't have wanted to see in our rooms. And 3. My parents didn't punish to begin with

The only instances I've EVER hypothetically heard of someone losing a door is if they've done illegal things behind it. Like losing 'privacy' privileges but it has always been after something crazy drastic.

Side note: It should NOT be this hard to get into theater here in NYC. I've had better luck doing film, which I find HILARIOUS..

My parents took off my door once.... I hated it. I had to change and everything in the bathroom, which I share with my 3 brothers and my sister, and I had NO quiet to do my homework (it's a little loud in my house... always) I don't know the whole situation, but I really think it's awfully immature for his mom to blame him... you're an adult, just own up to it and solve the problem. But there's obviously more to the story so don't take that comment to heart!

didn't want to post a thread just for this, but does anyone know a guesstimate of how long after a comp the professional pics go up? I just competed at UCA college nationals, and I believe universal event photography covers the comp.
Universal Event takes about two weeks. Just checked the date on my facebook pictures that I took off their website from UCA high school nationals last year.

I thought that only happened in Freaky Friday...

I HATE ALEGBRA 2. thats all.
learn it well! When you get to precalc, you will need it! I took it in 8th grade and I'm taking precalc as a sophomore so I kind of forgot some of it.... :oops: luckily I understood it really well so I just picked it up again, but if you don't understand it in Algebra 2, pre-calc will be SO difficult!!
sorry for the double post.

Back