OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I was 100% fine with walking to class with my scarf practically around my face. It's warmed up a little today.. it only feels like 0 now.

I have a huge hate boner for scarves. Like I absolutely refuse to wear them and I hate when guys wear them (no offense to anyone reading this) so my face usually suffers during such an insane cold.

I have a huge hate boner for scarves. Like I absolutely refuse to wear them and I hate when guys wear them (no offense to anyone reading this) so my face usually suffers during such an insane cold.
HAHAHAHAHA! I love that. But I'm not a fan of boys wearing scarves either but I love myself a good knit cowl neck scarf ;)

It was -31 (celsius, but I think that's in the -20 range in fahrenheit) here earlier this week... Hated my life.
At least you weren't in Ottawa, my friends told me its brutal like -43 with windchill. I honestly cannot remember the last time it was this cold.

Were at a record high for the week at a solid 10 degrees F. Its awesome! For the record I hate the cold and wear around 12 layers to keep warm.... If only I could convince DH to move to Florida! :rolleyes:

At least you weren't in Ottawa, my friends told me its brutal like -43 with windchill. I honestly cannot remember the last time it was this cold.

That's crazy... I had a friend in Sudbury say it was around -45 without wind chill, I literally would have just moved to Florida. -25 to -30 isn't tooooo bad. Like honestly I'm able to remember that 5 years ago winter was like this regularly, so I can deal, but I aint 'bout dat -45 life.

I've been walking to class all week.. the weather channel has been saying it was supposed to feel like negative 15 at some points. It's been lovely.

Yep. I have to walk to/from the subway to get to work. The cold is killing my battery. Normally I get off the T and walk instead of switching lines to only go one stop, but all week I've been taking the T the whole way.

Yep. I have to walk to/from the subway to get to work. The cold is killing my battery. Normally I get off the T and walk instead of switching lines to only go one stop, but all week I've been taking the T the whole way.
Not gonna lie.. I got extremely excited when I saw that it's supposed to feel a whole ten degrees warmer in Providence this weekend than at my school. Yay winter!

You ever read a thread a know that people only say things on here because nobody cares enough to go up to them in person and demand they say it out loud? Or because you KNOW they're hiding behind their 'second' screen name 'cause they're afraid to get called out on their 'real' one.

I promise each and every one of you that if we ever meet in person, I will ALWAYS say what I mean, and mean what I say.

PS- how do you know if you've messed up a disc in your back? I've had AWFUL back pain the past few days, to the point where certain basic movements are REALLY killing me.

PS- how do you know if you've messed up a disc in your back? I've had AWFUL back pain the past few days, to the point where certain basic movements are REALLY killing me.

First off sorry im replying in two threads to you back to back, that may seem strange...

But, I have had back problems all my life so I may be able to help, you may have messed up a disc or you may have just irritated a muscle in your back which is causing it to hurt when you move certain ways. Did you do something that may have caused this to happen? Also do you have access to go to a chiropractor? I swear by my chiropractor and go whenever I have problems. They can fix you right up and you will be feeling great in no time at all.

But, this all depends on your insurance because depending on that it could be a little costly to go for a visit. Have you ever been before?

Hope this helps!

First off sorry im replying in two threads to you back to back, that may seem strange...

But, I have had back problems all my life so I may be able to help, you may have messed up a disc or you may have just irritated a muscle in your back which is causing it to hurt when you move certain ways. Did you do something that may have caused this to happen? Also do you have access to go to a chiropractor? I swear by my chiropractor and go whenever I have problems. They can fix you right up and you will be feeling great in no time at all.

But, this all depends on your insurance because depending on that it could be a little costly to go for a visit. Have you ever been before?

Hope this helps!
Never been to a chiropractor. I suppose I should fill in some extra info:
My ankles pronate (roll in), which have given me bunions, bursitis in my left hip, lower back pain, etc. I had a massive back muscle injury (wrenched my entire lower back cheering due to improper stunting form), and my hips occasionally fall out of alignment, which I know how to handle.

It feels like the very root of my spine, almost where the column connects to the hip..starting from the column radiating outwards. If I try to tuck my pelvis under (so my back is flat), I'm met with some serious pain (makes it hard to workout). If I lay on my back and bring my knees to my chest, I feel a pain/stretch (more pain, less stretch) in the proper spot. Any further clues?

Never been to a chiropractor. I suppose I should fill in some extra info:
My ankles pronate (roll in), which have given me bunions, bursitis in my left hip, lower back pain, etc. I had a massive back muscle injury (wrenched my entire lower back cheering due to improper stunting form), and my hips occasionally fall out of alignment, which I know how to handle.

It feels like the very root of my spine, almost where the column connects to the hip..starting from the column radiating outwards. If I try to tuck my pelvis under (so my back is flat), I'm met with some serious pain (makes it hard to workout). If I lay on my back and bring my knees to my chest, I feel a pain/stretch (more pain, less stretch) in the proper spot. Any further clues?

Hmmm what types of therapy etc have you done to help these problems?

so, i've been a vegetarian for years and all i want in life right now is chik-fil-a nuggets. i don't even understand what is happening. i really think it's just the taste of fried food and spices. if only i could replicate that without the actual chicken part...

good thing there isn't a chik-fil-a within 20 miles of me, or i might be making some bad decisions for dinner.

That's crazy... I had a friend in Sudbury say it was around -45 without wind chill, I literally would have just moved to Florida. -25 to -30 isn't tooooo bad. Like honestly I'm able to remember that 5 years ago winter was like this regularly, so I can deal, but I aint 'bout dat -45 life.
Sudbury and north bay are probably the two worst places in Ontario right now. Words cannot describe how happy I am that I decided to go to school in Toronto instead of north bay like I was planning. And honestly 4-6 years ago we would be so happy with the temperature being -13 in January not freaking out in a panic attack when it's -10

Back