OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This is kind of techy so feel free to scroll, but I was trying to do some database work for my new website and I couldn't connect to the database. Called my host and the support guys was like "well the server look's fine, I'll submit a ticket though." So now I can basically do nothing until the fix whatever problem this is and get back to me. Booo.

the Samsung is a "better" phone as far as how much it does. If you compare the features of both, it's got more/higher on everything. But if you like your iPhone a lot you may not like the Samsung. I haaaaaaaated my iPhone so I love the Samsung. They're very different.

Better about Samsung (this is all true of GS3 and Note 2, which just came out): The Samsung is bigger, not glass (doesn't shatter if you drop it), more customizable (you can choose/change lots of features like the keyboard), faster, better camera, screen is a million times brighter/clearer (not sure the technical term) and has nfc (bump 2 phones to share info like videos and photos - all new phones have it except apple phones).

Better about iPhone: its apple. Not my thing, but lots of people love it and would never want anything else.

I'm sure you'll get just as many answers swearing iPhone is better. It's really a matter of preference, but Samsung ranks higher on every "list" out there (consumer reports etc).
iphone+Apple=LOVE:cloud9:

Samsung GIII is like perfection in a small flat box. Plus, they carried a case in purple, so duh I got it. If you're afraid of it being too big- don't be. I looked at it and thought 'How the HECK would I use that thing?!?!' But your hand adapts so quickly. And it's light too. Incredibly fast, easy to use, and gaming is UNBELIEVABLE.

I'm so glad it's Friday. Like really, i'm sick and feeling so bad since Sunday, but i have to go to work. Because not going to work would mean no cheer practise :). My boss is like a total nerd, she follows her employees sometimes they are at home because of illness to check if they aren't having just a good time. So i go to work to not miss one practise ;-)

Just saw a women with a baby stop what she was doing in the parking lot to help direct a blind woman with her seeing eye dog to the entrance of a building even though it's freezing outside. Some people are so kind and nice :,)

iphone+Apple=LOVE:cloud9:

Mmmmm hmm. Never had a Galaxy phone, huh? :p

But in all seriousness I think they're both good phones. Just depends what you use your phone for.

I highly recommend to anyone choosing between the 2 to look on youtube for a comparison video. They walk through each feature so you can decide which features are more important to you and which phone excels in the things you want. The iPhone does have some areas it's better in - they just don't happen to be the things I need. codycheerbabex This is a good video - they ranked the iPhone a little better actually. But it gives a really good representation of aaaalllll the things the phones do.

And that nfc is a deal breaker for me (which the video doesn't really talk about, but as newer phones come out it'll be hard to not have it). I'd never buy a phone without it now. I, for one, am getting the Note 2 (now that it's finally out! I feel like I've been waiting forever) because I'm convinced it's the best thing ever invented in the history of the world (except maybe mayonnaise). But I think for most people it's too big - I just like that you can write on the screen. :D And since I don't actually ever talk on my cell phone, it doesn't matter that it's GIANT.

And that's the end of my phone sales pitch.

Mmmmm hmm. Never had a Galaxy phone, huh? :p

But in all seriousness I think they're both good phones. Just depends what you use your phone for.

I highly recommend to anyone choosing between the 2 to look on youtube for a comparison video. They walk through each feature so you can decide which features are more important to you and which phone excels in the things you want. The iPhone does have some areas it's better in - they just don't happen to be the things I need. codycheerbabex This is a good video - they ranked the iPhone a little better actually. But it gives a really good representation of aaaalllll the things the phones do.

And that nfc is a deal breaker for me (which the video doesn't really talk about, but as newer phones come out it'll be hard to not have it). I'd never buy a phone without it now. I, for one, am getting the Note 2 (now that it's finally out! I feel like I've been waiting forever) because I'm convinced it's the best thing ever invented in the history of the world (except maybe mayonnaise). But I think for most people it's too big - I just like that you can write on the screen. :D And since I don't actually ever talk on my cell phone, it doesn't matter that it's GIANT.

And that's the end of my phone sales pitch.

Do you actually use the NFC? It seems like a really cool feature, but I'm not sure how much I would actually use it. iPhone has an application called bump that lets you tap a user with the same application to share images/contact information/etc. I used it a few times on my old 3GS like 3 years ago, but haven't used it since. It's just not really necessary since mobile payments haven't really caught on in the US.

You're right that they're both great phones, and the SIII is probably the better phone hardware wise, if that's what you care about, and if you really want to have complete control over your phone. My computer, yes, I want that, but I don't care about that so much on my phone.

My boyfriend has the HTC One X, which I think is the same size as the SIII and I, personally, think it's too big. I can't use it one handed, which I do a lot walking to and from the train station for work, etc. I'm too invested in the apple ecosystem at this point and I don't really want to learn a new OS, but I would recommend that anyone planning to make the switch to try out Android first. You'll probably love it, but I've found that the iPhone tends to work a little bit better out of the box while Android takes some customization. And because software updates have to go through the phone manufacturer instead of just Google, they tend to take a lot longer to get - you might never get newer versions of Android on your phone. Apple doesn't support older devices forever, but they will still offer some features to iPhones that are 2 or 3 generations old.

They're both advanced and mature phone operating systems.

Ashley - I use it because my sister has it and we live together, so I share stuff with her all the time. I think as time goes on it will get more useful, and since I have to have the phone for 2 years at a time I try to think ahead as much as I can. I think the girl asking earlier doesn't live in the US, so she would use it a lot more.

I like the customizability (not a word) of the Android phones, because I never like the phone the way it comes :D . If she already has an iPhone there is a strong possibility she will HATE the GS3 because it's just totally different. Some of my friends who've switched have said "Gah! It doesn't do anything!" because they can't figure it out.

But like I said, i think anyone with either phone is going to be happy with their phone. They both do everything and then some. I like the video because it really shows that they're both great phones and how they're different but still either one is a good pick.

Correct but I do live near 93!

I knew you were in MA or NH so I figured. It always used to help me remember who you were. Did you have the 93 logo as your pic at one point? I can't remember if that's why I have that connotation or not.

I knew you were in MA or NH so I figured. It always used to help me remember who you were. Did you have the 93 logo as your pic at one point? I can't remember if that's why I have that connotation or not.
I did when King went through and gave everyone avatars. So that was not my doing haha

Ha, that's what I figured. So that's why I always think that then.
Most likely! You're more than welcome to think 93 then if you don't want to feel old.. I'm turning 19 this month ;)

On another note, I hate that I never get to post in here anymore. Keeping up with the allstar threads is hard enough now. College is taking me away from fierceboard time ):

Back