OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ok I have a question! Since everything in cheer has 20 different names, our team got in an argument tonight about what a jump was called. It is essentially a herkie, one leg bent and one to the side with arms in a T. At my highschool we called this a side hurdler, and the front hurdlers were the ones where you turn to the side and kick up towards your head with arms in candlesticks. So my question is, what is our jump actually called?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Ok I have a question! Since everything in cheer has 20 different names, our team got in an argument tonight about what a jump was called. It is essentially a herkie, one leg bent and one to the side with arms in a T. At my highschool we called this a side hurdler, and the front hurdlers were the ones where you turn to the side and kick up towards your head with arms in candlesticks. So my question is, what is our jump actually called?

I'm not an expert myself, but I found this, I hope it's accurate !
n27339512969_840461_8789.jpg

It's technically side hurdler but a lot of people call it a herkie.... An actual herkie has your arms doing something weird and nobody uses it really.

We called the jump you first described a herkie and we called front hurdlers "right/left hurdlers"

For my art class we have to create a movie poster for a new movie or like a spoof of one that's already created (like this one guy is doing The Breakfast club 50 years later and calling it The Dinner Club-lol) and I'm totally stuck on what to do. Any creative/funny ideas?

What are some good dorm friendly foods?
If you have a microwave, the chicken patties from target are awesome. We have a community kitchen on the 5th floor of our building and made spaghetti there. We used our microwave to cook the patties (and melt cheese on it if you wanted cheese).

Double post but: OMG.. My friend's roommate has a kitten! His name is Jimmy :3 When he brings it back I get to meet him <3

What are some good dorm friendly foods?

Cut up apples and remove skins, mix sugar (I like brown sugar but regular sugar is fine too), cinnamon, and a bit of flour with apples in a bowl, cover bowl with a damp paper towel and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. It's like eating the inside of an apple pie, soooo good and so easy. You can also put walnuts in it if you like those. I eat it all the time for snacks between my classes

Cut up apples and remove skins, mix sugar (I like brown sugar but regular sugar is fine too), cinnamon, and a bit of flour with apples in a bowl, cover bowl with a damp paper towel and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. It's like eating the inside of an apple pie, soooo good and so easy. You can also put walnuts in it if you like those. I eat it all the time for snacks between my classes

this sounds heavenly

Back