OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I don't know if i should cheer next year or not... it's a hard decision since it's my senior year and i want to be a senior and have all of the privileges the seniors get, but my coach doesn't like me and i'm kind of miserable because the seniors this year hate my guts. I don't know if it will be better next year or what...
i really need to work on my stunting (alot... i've only taken like 4 partner stunt classes over the summer) and a little on my tumbling and right now with high school cheer i don't have enough time to do either since my coaches won't let me fly because all of our flyers are under 90 pounds, and i can't base because i'm shorter than everyone else (they won't even let me try.) at practices we don't work on tumbling or stunting at all, and we literally never get anything done. we have practice until 6:30 every day and we actually do nothing. it's not like i'm not good enough to cheer in college (unless you're my coach and you continuously tell me i'm not) but i really need to focus more on stunting and tumbling if i want to make a good team (kentucky is my goal... but it's so hard to make the team and i don't want to be disappointed) i feel like if i don't cheer my senior year i'm going to regret it, but i also feel like if i do i'm going to regret not being able to focus on the important college cheer things.... ugh... decisions.... anyone have an idea on what i should do?

Slightly different situation but as a freshman I did allstar and hs. The one and only senior on my team hated me and she eventually became assistant coach the next year telling me through TEXT MESSAGE I couldn't do both programs. My parents basically told me "we'd rather pay to see you actually have fun" and it was well worth it. If you can get to an allstar program where you will be valued and have fun, do it especially for your senior year.

I don't know if i should cheer next year or not... it's a hard decision since it's my senior year and i want to be a senior and have all of the privileges the seniors get, but my coach doesn't like me and i'm kind of miserable because the seniors this year hate my guts. I don't know if it will be better next year or what...
i really need to work on my stunting (alot... i've only taken like 4 partner stunt classes over the summer) and a little on my tumbling and right now with high school cheer i don't have enough time to do either since my coaches won't let me fly because all of our flyers are under 90 pounds, and i can't base because i'm shorter than everyone else (they won't even let me try.) at practices we don't work on tumbling or stunting at all, and we literally never get anything done. we have practice until 6:30 every day and we actually do nothing. it's not like i'm not good enough to cheer in college (unless you're my coach and you continuously tell me i'm not) but i really need to focus more on stunting and tumbling if i want to make a good team (kentucky is my goal... but it's so hard to make the team and i don't want to be disappointed) i feel like if i don't cheer my senior year i'm going to regret it, but i also feel like if i do i'm going to regret not being able to focus on the important college cheer things.... ugh... decisions.... anyone have an idea on what i should do?
Girl, do great white. You won't regret it. Hopefully ill be around the gym more next year too!!

Your coach sounds like a total nightmare. If you want to cheer in college, hit up an all star team that will respect you, appreciate you, and help you grow!

Slightly different situation but as a freshman I did allstar and hs. The one and only senior on my team hated me and she eventually became assistant coach the next year telling me through TEXT MESSAGE I couldn't do both programs. My parents basically told me "we'd rather pay to see you actually have fun" and it was well worth it. If you can get to an allstar program where you will be valued and have fun, do it especially for your senior year.
Oh, i LOVE premier. i've been around since i was like 8 filling in here and there and i take tumbling there. i was on mako for a year and a half, it feels like home there. but since i was doing high school my mom won't let me do both, originally my high school competed so i was okay with that... lol and then they stopped and it was too late to go be on a full year team

Girl, do great white. You won't regret it. Hopefully ill be around the gym more next year too!!
I would LOVE to, I'm just afraid i won't make great white after i lost my full!
Your coach sounds like a total nightmare. If you want to cheer in college, hit up an all star team that will respect you, appreciate you, and help you grow!
I'm thinking sharks is a good answer... and yes, my coach(es) are absolute nightmares. if i could somehow connect y'all to our team facebook page just to see how bad they are, you would probably cry for me...

SmileyRyleigh Please please don't give up on your dream! You can do both! You should look into the other gym in your area and find one that will work with you! As for your full, you can definitely get it back :) Based on all you have said about those awful coaches, I say leave them and actually cheer where you will enjoy it and have fun!

Would be really thankful to anyone that could give me a motivational speech right now. I've woke up in such a 'what's the point in trying' mood and anybody that knows me knows that that's not me. My health is affecting both my flying and tumbling abilities which is making me feel like the worst cheerleader ever; the guy I like is ignoring me without saying why when he was perfectly fine with me the other day which is so frustrating; my college work...well let's just not go into that; and family and friend relationships are falling apart for ridiculous reasons. I hate feeling like this!

I dont' really know how it works in the states (or particularly over here to be honest!) But, assuming you're old enough, could you try out for an i6 team for next year? From what you've said I imagine you'd prefer allstars to school and level 6 would be better prep for college I'd have thought. Good luck!

I did school cheer from 8th graded until my junior year and then because my coach made me so miserable I decided not to try out my senior year and decided to just focus on All Star cheer (did it from 9th grade to my senior year). It was the best choice I could have made. My high school cheer team was very talented, as of now they hold 4 state titles in the past 5 years and the one they don't have is because they went to nationals instead, but it wasn't worth my sanity anymore. Now I cheer in college and it's the same type of situation so next year I plan on coaching at my old all star gym instead of cheering but you've got to do what is best for you!!!

I dont' really know how it works in the states (or particularly over here to be honest!) But, assuming you're old enough, could you try out for an i6 team for next year? From what you've said I imagine you'd prefer allstars to school and level 6 would be better prep for college I'd have thought. Good luck!
I don't think there are any i6 teams near me. But thank you for the suggestion!!

I did school cheer from 8th graded until my junior year and then because my coach made me so miserable I decided not to try out my senior year and decided to just focus on All Star cheer (did it from 9th grade to my senior year). It was the best choice I could have made. My high school cheer team was very talented, as of now they hold 4 state titles in the past 5 years and the one they don't have is because they went to nationals instead, but it wasn't worth my sanity anymore. Now I cheer in college and it's the same type of situation so next year I plan on coaching at my old all star gym instead of cheering but you've got to do what is best for you!!!
I also started school cheer in 8th grade after I had been doing all star since I was 5 and this is my junior year. I'm really leaning towards just working on stunting and tumbling next season.... Thank you!!!

Back