OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Bringing back the Sound of Music talk (I just watched it lol) and I thought Carrie did a very nice job! I'm proud of her. The Sound of Music is my favorite movie and I definitely never thought I could see it performed by another cast, and I really enjoyed it! I loved the kid that played Kurt, he was perfect! I wasn't huge fan of the girls that played Marta and Brigitta though. And Captain Von Trapp wasn't nearly as handsome as the one from the movie Lol.

One part that I thought was dumb was when they were dancing the laendler and the Captain cuts in and is like "No Kurt! You're doing that wrong, I'll show you!" and after when Brigitta says something like "remember the other night when we were all sitting down singing that edelweiss song you taught us?" Those lines sounded so lame! Besides that I really did like it.

The funniest thing in the world is seeing people from downstate NY drive through the snow in upstate NY. Oh my goodness. Cars go everywhere. You'd think they'd never seen snow before. It's basically the apocalypse in their eyes. Some of them don't even know what snow tires are.... Like what? I don't understand how we all live in the same state.
You have snow there now?

I don't get why in the IC Annual Readers' Choice Awards Fierce Allstars is considered a southwest program and Cali is considered West Coast (like it should be...).

The funniest thing in the world is seeing people from downstate NY drive through the snow in upstate NY. Oh my goodness. Cars go everywhere. You'd think they'd never seen snow before. It's basically the apocalypse in their eyes. Some of them don't even know what snow tires are.... Like what? I don't understand how we all live in the same state.

SOS this scares me! hahah add in one NJ license plate to the bad drivers upstate. i know what snow tires are... but do i need them? i'm moving up there next week :eek:

SOS this scares me! hahah add in one NJ license plate to the bad drivers upstate. i know what snow tires are... but do i need them? i'm moving up there next week :eek:

Typically, they say you should get snow tires when you live in places that drop below 45. NY is weird with weather though. We went home for thanksgiving break last week. My area (Syracuse) got around 4-6 inches of snow where as my friends who lived down state (Orange County, rockland county, Long Island) said they didn't even need coats. IMO I'd say yes to anyone, they can't hurt. But snow tires are expensive so it also depends if you can afford them. Where upstate will you be moving?

Typically, they say you should get snow tires when you live in places that drop below 45. NY is weird with weather though. We went home for thanksgiving break last week. My area (Syracuse) got around 4-6 inches of snow where as my friends who lived down state (Orange County, rockland county, Long Island) said they didn't even need coats. IMO I'd say yes to anyone, they can't hurt. But snow tires are expensive so it also depends if you can afford them. Where upstate will you be moving?
They still make snow tires for cars? I remember the yearly ritual of my father having the snow tires put on the car when we were growing up (and this was downstate NY) ; we lived in an apartment so the other tires would then stay in a garbage bag on the terrace for the entire winter! I thought most tires were all-weather now?

And I went to school in upstate NY so I totally get what you meant about upstate versus downstate bad weather driving!

They still make snow tires for cars? I remember the yearly ritual of my father having the snow tires put on the car when we were growing up (and this was downstate NY) ; we lived in an apartment so the other tires would then stay in a garbage bag on the terrace for the entire winter! I thought most tires were all-weather now?

And I went to school in upstate NY so I totally get what you meant about upstate versus downstate bad weather driving!

Yes, most tires are all season/all weather, but if you're gonna live in an area where there is a lot of snow on the ground, snow tires are still going to be the better option. My mom just got brand new all season tires on her SUV that has 4 wheel drive and an ABS system. But over break the car started to skid when we went out before the roads were plowed. We've always had snow tires on our cars during the winter and I've never really experienced a car skid quite like that. If you don't get a lot of snow then all season tires might be fine for you. It just depends where you live.

Seneca Falls - a little west of Syracuse in the finger lakes

That's a thing? Why would you need to get them presents? I've never expected a present from anyone my kids were dating or from anyone my siblings were dating.

Yeah. Why is this a thing? Are you really close to them? Are you engaged?

In high school I gave my boyfriends family a box of chocolate. Probs Whitmans

That's a thing? Why would you need to get them presents? I've never expected a present from anyone my kids were dating or from anyone my siblings were dating.

I live in the UK.. maybe it's different here. I feel I need to get her something as she does so much for me and boyf - giving us money towards our holiday together and what not. Just a token of appreciation

Seneca Falls - a little west of Syracuse in the finger lakes

I would highly look into it, most of upstate gets a lot of lake effect snows. Of course you could always call the school (NYCC right?) and ask the schools employees who live there what their opinion on snow tires are since they are their year round and will know the weather better than anyone. I say, if you can afford them, get them. Your life, your insurance rates, and your future is nothing to play around with. Winter can be a dangerous time while driving if you're not prepared. Snow tires can usually last 2-3 years too. You have to get them changed out for the non winter months but you should be able to store them around the garage/shed for the year like @CheerBank mentioned until you need them again.

I don't mean to sound doom and gloom about winter driving. It has it's good days and bad days. Just be prepared for anything. Upstate NY also has one of the best snow plow team I've ever seen in the northeastern US. They work day in and day out to keep the roads safe. They have plowing down to a science. It's really amazing.

Yeah. Why is this a thing? Are you really close to them? Are you engaged?

In high school I gave my boyfriends family a box of chocolate. Probs Whitmans
I live in the UK.. maybe it's different here. I feel I need to get her something as she does so much for me and boyf - giving us money towards our holiday together and what not. Just a token of appreciation

I know my boyfriend mentioned that his parents wanted to get me something and that he wanted to get my parents something... I don't really know what's proper etiquette in this case though? Because if he gets something for my parents and I don't get something for his I'll just feel awk ya know

Latest posts

Back