OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Starting the Carrie Diaries online since ive watched just about everything else. If this is a no go then its onto American horror story. Unless anyone has any suggestions?
Love the Carrie diaries. And definitely agree w the others about breaking bad!!

Eta: well your post came up right when I posted mine sooo forget about that!

@laughAlittle @Eyes On The Prize @embersglow I was obsessed with orange is the new black, seriously one of the best first series Ive ever seen. I done with breaking bad which is sad. I think scandal or American horror story is up next.

Aha I was gonna tell you to watch OITNB last because the second seasons not out yet and you'll be dying for it. But at last, I see the damage is done. :p

AHS is alright. There's a lot of hype over it but idt it's that good of a show. I hated the first season, loved the second season and now I'm not too fond of the third, it lost my interest a couple episodes in. But I hope you find you love it. I still need to catch up though. I heard The last two were crazy. I also love Supernatural but that shows not for everyone :p

Starting the Carrie Diaries online since ive watched just about everything else. If this is a no go then its onto American horror story. Unless anyone has any suggestions?
American Horror Story is so good! And like other people already said, Scandal is a great show. I love it.

I'm learning to code. I don't 'get' it, but I get it. I'm trying to learn python, because hypothetically I want to make an app.

Is this a good one to learn @Ashley ? Or should I learn Ruby or JavaScript or something else? I started playing around with code.org and the 'Hour of Code', and I'm still going. I tried some of the other programs through HoC and I liked the ones with the blocks 'cause they're easy to understand. Anything like that? Or do I just have to struggle bus it? lol

What type of app do you want to make? If it's iOS, you need to learn Object C. For Android, you need Java (not Javascript). Javascript isn't really a language you could make a whole app in. It's client side, which means it doesn't really interact with the server or database or anything.

Python is a good one to learn. I don't really know much python, but it's a good one to do. Check out www.codacademy.com, they have a great course for python. I don't know much about code.org or Hour of Code. In any case, once you get the fundamentals of how to code, it's easy enough to learn another language. That feeling is normal though, where you sort of get it without really understanding why you have to do that. It goes away as you get more comfortable with it and learn more hah.

So apparently having me and the other manager "work" today was a trick to get us to come to the showcase so our boss and her husband could make a speech about our awesomeness and give us flowers and Christmas bonuses.

I also won a $100 gift card (to the super fancy Italian restaurant in the same building as our studio) in the raffle.

Add in the Beyoncé concert and I can't complain about this weekend at all! :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

What type of app do you want to make? If it's iOS, you need to learn Object C. For Android, you need Java (not Javascript). Javascript isn't really a language you could make a whole app in. It's client side, which means it doesn't really interact with the server or database or anything.

Python is a good one to learn. I don't really know much python, but it's a good one to do. Check out www.codacademy.com, they have a great course for python. I don't know much about code.org or Hour of Code. In any case, once you get the fundamentals of how to code, it's easy enough to learn another language. That feeling is normal though, where you sort of get it without really understanding why you have to do that. It goes away as you get more comfortable with it and learn more hah.
Probably Android, as that's what I have. I really know ZERO about coding/usefullness/etc. I don't even really know what kinda app I'd want to make, so it's somewhat hypothetical. I just know I want to learn because it'll be useful.

I'm on Code Academy's Python course right now. Conditionals and Control Flow. So much MATH..ew lol.

Code.org/Hour of Code is basically a Week of Computer Science initiative to get Americans more interested in Computer Science/Coding. The main learning tool uses 'coding blocks' to get people to understand the basis of how coding works/gaming apps. Like you have a work-space and these puzzle pieces with things like 'move forward' or 'turn left' and you have to get your controllable character to do something. You can click something to see what they javascript would look like. It's fun and addictive.

BOOLEAN OPERATORS MUST DIE.

It's 1 am and I'm trying to use logic/math. I'm no longer in college, this shouldn't be happening. I'm clearly a nerd- my way to 'decompress' from this is a relaxing game of solitare.

Back