OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
If you like historical fiction, I love Kate Morton, Diane Setterfield (The Thirteenth Tale), and I really like Victoria Holt (old school, but I love her books anyway).

Drama/Thriller - Harlan Coben definitely, I think I've read all his books. I also like Brian Gruley, Scott Pratt (his books are free to borrow on Kindle), Tess Gerritsen, and Kathy Reichs.

Random books that I like - The Lovely Bones, Devil in the White City, anything by Sue Grafton, James Patterson (awful writing, but I love them anyway), Jodie Piccoult and Sophie Kinsella. I am also a sucker for Sidney Sheldon - even though his books are all like 20 years old, I could read them over and over.

Books I haven't read yet, but that look good and are on my kindle, waiting: The Dressmaker; The Perfume Collector; Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer; The Paris Wife; A Light Between Oceans; The Kitchen House.

Books everyone seems to like except me: The Glass Castle, Gone Girl, The Book Thief, Water for Elephants

Classics that I think everyone should read (and some maybe not-so-classic but everyone should read them anyway) : Pride & Prejudice, The Witch of Blackbird Pond, How to Kill a Mockingbird, Great Expectations, Go Ask Alice, The Color Purple, Memoirs of a Geisha. (weird list I know, but those are the ones I have right now lol)

So I know that's a million books...but usually I just look up a book I liked on Amazon and look through their suggestions until one catches my eye. Boring because then I never find anything really different, but it works. If I think of anything else really good I'll let you know (I'm at work, so I'm just kind of going off what's in my Kindle)

*Books that I think all kids should read (for the moms if you're trying to get your kids to read something "kid classic") : The Westing Game, The Egypt Game, The Silver Crown, From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankwiler, and The Headless Cupid.
Thank you so much! I'll add these to my list! :)

I'm sitting here thinking...
As great of an actress as Merryl Streep is... I don't think I've ever seen her in any particularly spectacular movies other than August.. Does anyone have any better ones? Cause I really like her, and I LOVE Devil Wears Prada, but nothing is sticking out to me that she's in that is a particularly great movie.
*gasp* Meryl is great in everything! Lol I'm a huge fan, and almost named my kid Meryl (thank The Lord my mother stopped me lol) but I love "it's complicated", " Sophie's choice" is awesome as well and I think that the range just between those two movies show you how great she really is. The devil wears Prada was such a departure for her too, it's also one of my favorites.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Ah Flowers in the Attic. Yep, read the whole series. My sister read them first and I wasn't allowed to - so that made them that much more tantalizing for me! But what I was really OBSESSED with was her other book, My Sweet Audrina. I read that book soooooooooo many times. That and the Heaven series. I was a VC Andrews fiend in my youth.

It's so funny you say that about Gone Girl - I felt the opposite. The second half was where I wanted to toss it right in the trash, but I always finish every book I ever start. I loved it in the beginning, and then about 2/3 through I just could not stand it.

Lol I really think I am going to download My Sweet Audrina right now and read it. :D
I have every single VCA Andrews book. Even the ones written after she died. Dawn is my favorite series after flowers in the attic. So so bad for children. And my sweet Audrina is so creepy and sooooo good lol

Ah Flowers in the Attic. Yep, read the whole series. My sister read them first and I wasn't allowed to - so that made them that much more tantalizing for me! But what I was really OBSESSED with was her other book, My Sweet Audrina. I read that book soooooooooo many times. That and the Heaven series. I was a VC Andrews fiend in my youth.

It's so funny you say that about Gone Girl - I felt the opposite. The second half was where I wanted to toss it right in the trash, but I always finish every book I ever start. I loved it in the beginning, and then about 2/3 through I just could not stand it.

Lol I really think I am going to download My Sweet Audrina right now and read it. :D
My Sweet Audrina....that may have to be next on my list of books I never thought I would ever read again. But now I am thinking about it. The Heaven series...read all those too. You can tell when she died and her estate took over the publishing, because you can find entire paragraphs in her later books lifted from her earlier ones.
Of course I read Sweet Valley High! Elizabeth and Jessica were a perfect size 6 lol....my brother read them all too (he was 2 years younger than me) but we've locked that away in the vault with several other sibling secrets :cool:. We were obsessed with taking them out of the library.

*gasp* Meryl is great in everything! Lol I'm a huge fan, and almost named my kid Meryl (thank The Lord my mother stopped me lol) but I love "it's complicated", " Sophie's choice" is awesome as well and I think that the range just between those two movies show you how great she really is. The devil wears Prada was such a departure for her too, it's also one of my favorites.

Speaking of departures, I can't resist Mamma Mia!

I need help please! It's my university's sports ball next week (dinner and dance) and I have no idea what to do with my hair! I've never really done much cause its naturally straight I can just leave it but I figured since we're getting a hairdresser I could get a little creative!

Me and my friends booked a mobile hairdresser to come to our hair however she's requested we have a pic/idea of what we would like done!

Any ideas what kind of hairstyle would suit this dress? Being a typical athlete I have quite muscular shoulders so something feminine!
Pictures would be helpful if you can! :) (the dress is navy blue, it look black in this)
xoxo

2yzaqmo.jpg

I need help please! It's my university's sports ball next week (dinner and dance) and I have no idea what to do with my hair! I've never really done much cause its naturally straight I can just leave it but I figured since we're getting a hairdresser I could get a little creative!

Me and my friends booked a mobile hairdresser to come to our hair however she's requested we have a pic/idea of what we would like done!

Any ideas what kind of hairstyle would suit this dress? Being a typical athlete I have quite muscular shoulders so something feminine!
Pictures would be helpful if you can! :) (the dress is navy blue, it look black in this)
xoxo

2yzaqmo.jpg
Maybe a loose headband braid, and then have both sides clipped back while leaving the rest down, and slightly curled? My former cp has hair like yours, and she has worn that style before. Or if you want more elegant, you can try both sides braided back and then braided into a low bun.

xoxo

2yzaqmo.jpg
Can't find a pic because I'm on my phone but it's quite common I think. Leave a couple of bits at the front then pull either all or the top half of your hair up then curl after its secured. Curl the loose front bits too. I always think that looks really nice and if your hair is long enough when it's curled and up (or leave half down and loosely curled) then if you're insecure about your shoulders (which you have no reason to be!) then you can pull your hair forward over your shoulders.
I realise now that I'm terrible at useful descriptions so let me know if you don't get it and I'll try to find a pic!

Your dress is lovely btw!

I have every single VCA Andrews book. Even the ones written after she died. Dawn is my favorite series after flowers in the attic. So so bad for children. And my sweet Audrina is so creepy and sooooo good lol

I loved the VCA Andrews books! Holy crap I forgot all about those. My mom read them when I was like 16 I think and I would always steal them after she was done haha.

xoxo

2yzaqmo.jpg
I'm thinking curly hair.

Back