OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I got in a wreck for the second time in just a few months. I was T boned in January and my SUV was totaled. I was seriously mourning the loss of my perfect first car that I had for 5 years and couldn't find anything to replace it. My parents and I made an arrangement to drive my mom's car and I could get a car for graduation next year. My mom did not want to give up her car but since my dad bought her a newer one a couple years ago that she ended up not liking but they kept anyway, it made sense. Emergency services and highway patrol said my/my mom's car is salvageable and it's a good sign that it's still running. I'm going to pay for it since I have a good serving job and with summer, I can work all day, every day. I feel so incredibly guilty that I wrecked her car when she didn't want me to drive it in the first place. I know how I felt when I killed my SUV and that was my own fault. I'm so upset to disappoint my parents again so soon, especially my mom. I'm a pretty terrible driver and I feel like they're so fed up with me making stupid mistakes under their insurance, and ruining their name with all the speeding and parking tickets. I've never wanted a time machine more than I do now.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I got in a wreck for the second time in just a few months. I was T boned in January and my SUV was totaled. I was seriously mourning the loss of my perfect first car that I had for 5 years and couldn't find anything to replace it. My parents and I made an arrangement to drive my mom's car and I could get a car for graduation next year. My mom did not want to give up her car but since my dad bought her a newer one a couple years ago that she ended up not liking but they kept anyway, it made sense. Emergency services and highway patrol said my/my mom's car is salvageable and it's a good sign that it's still running. I'm going to pay for it since I have a good serving job and with summer, I can work all day, every day. I feel so incredibly guilty that I wrecked her car when she didn't want me to drive it in the first place. I know how I felt when I killed my SUV and that was my own fault. I'm so upset to disappoint my parents again so soon, especially my mom. I'm a pretty terrible driver and I feel like they're so fed up with me making stupid mistakes under their insurance, and ruining their name with all the speeding and parking tickets. I've never wanted a time machine more than I do now.

The speeding and parking tickets are things you can control. Don't speed. Don't park where you aren't supposed to. Pay meters. Don't let them expire. Simple as that.

The accidents are accidents. They're called accidents for a reason. If they were deliberate they would be called "deliberates".

I have a 19 yr old sister. She is on her 3rd car (same as me and I'm 28....all of my prior cars died of natural causes though).

She got in two parking lot accidents in the gym parking lot in a month. (Reported to insurance)

She then totaled her 2nd car on her 18th birthday when she got in an accident on Two Notch Rd (I'm only using the street name because I know you're at Carolina I think ) with a newly released From prison (the previous day released ) drug dealer. They ruled it her fault.

My mom got dropped from her insurance because of her. Did my parents get mad? No. They're accidents. It's the risk you run when you place your child on your insurance. How else will they learn.

My mom got new insurance and moved on. My sister got a new car and moved on

Yes if I were your parents i would be deeply concerned about my insurance but at the end of the day...these things happen

But you can control the parking tickets and speeding tickets....and you need to because whenever you go get your own insurance you will have to pay sky high premiums.

My fierceboard app stopped working 3 days ago. I can see the list of unread topics on May third, but can't open them.
It took me until today to realise there's a site :rolleyes: Blonde moment I guess.
Are there more people with this problem? Thanks!

My fierceboard app stopped working 3 days ago. I can see the list of unread topics on May third, but can't open them.
It took me until today to realise there's a site :rolleyes: Blonde moment I guess.
Are there more people with this problem? Thanks!
Try uninstalling the app and re-installing in, that worked for me when mine stopped working.

We all make mistakes and @HeresAThought is right... accidents are accidents unless you are driving recklessly (speeding, drunk, etc). I totaled a car 2 weeks after getting my license because a guy ran a stop sign while speeding. There was nothing I could have done to prevent it. My parents were not mad because they understood that accidents happen and they were more just happy I was okay (although did spend a night in the hospital).

If you feel that you aren't a good driver, maybe take some driving classes to improve!

Let's see I've run into my house when my foot fell off the pedal. Ran into a deer on the interstate and totaled a car and got hit so hard on a parking lot that I had to be towed out and it took 3 weeks to fix my car. All accidents. 2 weren't my fault one was stupidity. But all the same none I meant to happen. It'll be fine!!

Thanks everyone! I'm so glad I have fierceboard to vent. They're really mad, of course, but they're also a little understanding about how heavy traffic was and I was really anxious trying to get to my last final. Commuting has always been a huge pain in my side so maybe they'll let me move closer to campus after this. I'd rather get a flat tire and bump into things with my bicycle than in another car.

Back