OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Anyone here know hair? I went to a salon to get ombre hair and left with essentially dip-bleached looking ends. I was hoping for something more gradual and it literally goes from medium brown to a medium blonde. I'm fairly decent with hair dye I just don't like messing with bleach. Im thinking I could fix it by putting a light brown between the two? But if I do that then I think the blonde might be too dark.
I think you could do it with one of the loreal ombré box dyes! I used it a while back and it didn't look too bad. Plus it was super easy, you just brush it in with the brush it comes with. I think it would be super easy to add into what you already have!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Anyone here know hair? I went to a salon to get ombre hair and left with essentially dip-bleached looking ends. I was hoping for something more gradual and it literally goes from medium brown to a medium blonde. I'm fairly decent with hair dye I just don't like messing with bleach. Im thinking I could fix it by putting a light brown between the two? But if I do that then I think the blonde might be too dark.
Honestly, call the salon and say you're unhappy with it. They may even fix it for free. Once you put your own dye on it they won't fix it for free anymore. I've been in this situation so many times it's worth it to just be picky and say "this isn't what I wanted at all fix it" even if you feel like you're being rude. You pay good money for your hair, it should be right.

Is there a supervisor or teacher at your University you could sit down and talk about this with? Whoever you turn this information in to?
Yes. There's also an essay I have to write about my experience so I'll put that in there but more professionally.

I just need to rant for a minute. The other day during a tumbling class I was working (coincidentally) with my little sister, who was preparing to start ro/bhs tucks. I'm very insecure about teaching tucks because I've never been able to do one (I started tumbling late and my career as a competitive cheerleader is over anyway), and our gym owner/main coach/my coach at one point has been very patient with me, making sure I know the right technique. She'll even take me aside and get me to spot kids' tucks and say what's wrong with them, to see if I am capable of figuring it out. Anyway though, my sister and I are far enough apart but close enough together in age where we get along really well, and I can say just about anything to her and she doesn't take it personally (and vice versa). So I was correcting her normal problems (legs together, land with your chest up or you'll never tuck, etc.) when this 10 year old from the tumbling class walks over and scoffs, "I'd like to see you do that." I said, "excuse me?" She said, "you're telling her to do it, but you can't even do it." I was so stunned she would be that rude. That was the closest I've ever come to losing it on a kid. My exact words were, "This isn't about me, nor is it about you, so why don't you get rid of your attitude and go back to your class." And ended it. But it made me feel like complete crap, and I can't quit thinking about it. :(

I just need to rant for a minute. The other day during a tumbling class I was working (coincidentally) with my little sister, who was preparing to start ro/bhs tucks. I'm very insecure about teaching tucks because I've never been able to do one (I started tumbling late and my career as a competitive cheerleader is over anyway), and our gym owner/main coach/my coach at one point has been very patient with me, making sure I know the right technique. She'll even take me aside and get me to spot kids' tucks and say what's wrong with them, to see if I am capable of figuring it out. Anyway though, my sister and I are far enough apart but close enough together in age where we get along really well, and I can say just about anything to her and she doesn't take it personally (and vice versa). So I was correcting her normal problems (legs together, land with your chest up or you'll never tuck, etc.) when this 10 year old from the tumbling class walks over and scoffs, "I'd like to see you do that." I said, "excuse me?" She said, "you're telling her to do it, but you can't even do it." I was so stunned she would be that rude. That was the closest I've ever come to losing it on a kid. My exact words were, "This isn't about me, nor is it about you, so why don't you get rid of your attitude and go back to your class." And ended it. But it made me feel like complete crap, and I can't quit thinking about it. :(

Ugh, this makes my skin prickly. So frickin rude.

For what it's worth, I think you handled it well. You're definitely a better person than I am, because I would have lost it. I probably would have told her to start running laps.

Being able to do a skill has nothing to do with teaching a skill. Its a completely different point of view.

The Barenaked Ladies are coming to Vancouver in September. Even though Steven Page isn't in the band anymore, I'm still considering going.
They came back to the UK for the first time in like eight years but I had training and couldn't go :( my dad said it didn't feel the same though. Wish I'd gone.

Do schools in America fine patents for taking their kids out of school, for say a holiday or a cheer comp etc?

In the UK they have started fining parents up to £120 for taking a child out of school in term time, whether they are away for 2 days or 4 weeks, the fine is the same!

I personally think it's a bit unfair, and I don't even have kids! It must be difficult to find an affordable holiday package in the summer holidays as travel companies up their prices

What's it like in America?

Do schools in America fine patents for taking their kids out of school, for say a holiday or a cheer comp etc?

In the UK they have started fining parents up to £120 for taking a child out of school in term time, whether they are away for 2 days or 4 weeks, the fine is the same!

I personally think it's a bit unfair, and I don't even have kids! It must be difficult to find an affordable holiday package in the summer holidays as travel companies up their prices

There's a certain point where they can be fined and even go to jail I believe. It's a pretty high number of unexcused absences though I think. Typically if you have a note from a parent and the student makes up the work they miss, nothing will happen. Some school districts have a set number of days you can miss each year and after that you may fail the class/grade level, but I don't think there is a fine unless they are unexcused absences. I know there are people on here affiliated with schools so they can probably answer better than me.

This is very dependant on the school though. The majority of school do not bother as the paperwork is a nightmare. They're too busy going after and prosecuting the parents of school non-attenders. That itself us a nightmare process!

I have a child (non-cp) with an illness that caused her to miss a lot of school. I had talked with our school administrators and they were aware of the situation. After missing 60 some days of school, I re-read our districts homebound student policy. She had to be out two full weeks to be eligible. So, I kept her out a couple of extra days and was contacted by the homebound teacher.

My point is if the absence is illness related there isn't much they can do about it. They could have charged me all they wanted, but in the end, the school did wrong and I would not have paid.

Absences for trips/non-school cheer/family vacations, once you hit a certain number, I can see charging. The schools only get money if your child is there.

Back