OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
anyone have any recommendation for good face mask. face cleansers. im looking to try something different since what i have is no longer working. Proactiv was money down the drain for me, AcneFree worked but then made my skin worse. thinking about trying the Murad products, anyone ever use them?

I'm obsessed with murad. I'm older than you, so I use the ani wrinkle/anti acne one. I love love love it - my skin looks better now than when I was 20. But my sister hates it - I think it's different for everyone.

Definitely try with a kit first, so you don't spend too much finding out if you like it. But for me it's been a miracle. (I tried AcneFree years ago and had the same results as you, so maybe murad will be good for you too?)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I don't know how many of you saw the recent episode of MTV True Life: I'm a Gay Athlete. It was about 2 college athletes who are in the closet & struggling to come out to their family and teammates because they don't want their sexual identity to effect their athletic achievements. One of the athletes is a collegiate cheerleader named Desiree attending Savannah State University. Her story had me in tears because I had so many of the same fears and faced a lot of the same challenges with coming out. It's hard coming out no matter who you are, but I've never met a femme lesbian cheerleader who was my age, cheering at my level, and coming out during the same time/stage of her life & cheering as me. I've actually never met another lesbian cheerleader before. Okay, online I have. But this is different. Watching her story was like watching my own story in so many ways. She made me feel like my fears about coming out were totally valid. This quote from her mother really stuck with me: "My daughter's a cheerleader. She's not gay. My daughter loves to cheer. She wears skirts. She flips. She keeps her hair long and pretty." At the end of the episode Desiree is kicked off the squad and asked not to try out for next year. There was no explanation as to why. There has been some speculation about whether or not it's because she's gay, or for another reason altogether. I'm looking into it. She decided to transfer to a different school and has already made the cheer team.

Here's a clip of her coming out to her mom. I really suggest you watch it if you have a minute.
http://gawker.com/mtv-airs-young-womans-excruciating-depressing-coming-o-1573488201

A2DH4lbCAAAulMB.jpg
BUYaAyZCcAAaSsH.jpg

You can watch the episode for free on mtv.com. Here's the link
Full Episode

anyone have any recommendation for good face mask. face cleansers. im looking to try something different since what i have is no longer working. Proactiv was money down the drain for me, AcneFree worked but then made my skin worse. thinking about trying the Murad products, anyone ever use them?
Lush has amazing facial and body products. Their face masks are heaven. And bath bombs are great! They can be a bit expensive but it depends on the product. I highly recommend them!

DO NOT BUY FACIAL CLEANSERS WITH MICROBEADS!

tumblr_inline_n6jwfzpL5x1rn9822.jpg
tumblr_inline_n6jw6xq34Q1rn9822.jpg

^these are bad!

Seriously, microbeads don't do anything for your skin & they're so horrible for the environment that there's a push to actually ban them and some manufactures are phasing them out. Here's the deal,
  • they're plastic. they don't break down. they don't dissolve
  • they go down the drain & end up in rivers, oceans & lakes
  • they carry toxins & absorb DDT (that's right, the cancer causing chemical)
  • these toxins transfer to fish tissue and eaten by people all over the world
  • animals mistake them for fish eggs & eat them, which this kills them.
  • Scientists found microbeads numbering more than 450,000 per square kilometer in parts of the Great Lakes. For those of you americans who don't use the metric system, that's a sh*tload of microbeads
  • the microbead alternatives are so much better for your skin
Q: How do I know if the cleanser has microbeads? The package doesn't always say it.
A: Look for the words polyethylene or polypropylene on the label.

Q: What can I use instead that will exfoliate my skin?
A: St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub or Dermalogica's Microfoliant

I don't know how many of you saw the recent episode of MTV True Life: I'm a Gay Athlete. It was about 2 college athletes who are in the closet & struggling to come out to their family and teammates because they don't want their sexual identity to effect their athletic achievements. One of the athletes is a collegiate cheerleader named Desiree attending Savannah State University. Her story had me in tears because I had so many of the same fears and faced a lot of the same challenges with coming out. It's hard coming out no matter who you are, but I've never met a femme lesbian cheerleader who was my age, cheering at my level, and coming out during the same time/stage of her life & cheering as me. I've actually never met another lesbian cheerleader before. Okay, online I have. But this is different. Watching her story was like watching my own story in so many ways. She made me feel like my fears about coming out were totally valid. This quote from her mother really stuck with me: "My daughter's a cheerleader. She's not gay. My daughter loves to cheer. She wears skirts. She flips. She keeps her hair long and pretty." At the end of the episode Desiree is kicked off the squad and asked not to try out for next year. There was no explanation as to why. There has been some speculation about whether or not it's because she's gay, or for another reason altogether. I'm looking into it. She decided to transfer to a different school and has already made the cheer team.

Here's a clip of her coming out to her mom. I really suggest you watch it if you have a minute.
http://gawker.com/mtv-airs-young-womans-excruciating-depressing-coming-o-1573488201

[Deleted pictures to save space]

Full Episode

I watched the clip, not the whole episode (but will probably will later when I have time) but wow, that was hard to watch. That poor thing! The whole time I just wanted to giver her a hug. Her mom and aunt did not understand. Her aunt kinda seemed like she refused to believe/accept it. I think her mom was trying to but she didn't understand it completely and was confused. I hope the two of them have had a chance to open their minds a little bit since the show and that they've come to accept it. So sad to hear that she wasn't let back onto the team but I'm glad she found another school to cheer at and I hope she's happy there. She is such a beautiful girl!

DO NOT BUY FACIAL CLEANSERS WITH MICROBEADS!

tumblr_inline_n6jwfzpL5x1rn9822.jpg
tumblr_inline_n6jw6xq34Q1rn9822.jpg

^these are bad!

Seriously, microbeads don't do anything for your skin & they're so horrible for the environment that there's a push to actually ban them and some manufactures are phasing them out. Here's the deal,
  • they're plastic. they don't break down. they don't dissolve
  • they go down the drain & end up in rivers, oceans & lakes
  • they carry toxins & absorb DDT (that's right, the cancer causing chemical)
  • these toxins transfer to fish tissue and eaten by people all over the world
  • animals mistake them for fish eggs & eat them, which this kills them.
  • Scientists found microbeads numbering more than 450,000 per square kilometer in parts of the Great Lakes. For those of you americans who don't use the metric system, that's a sh*tload of microbeads
  • the microbead alternatives are so much better for your skin
Q: How do I know if the cleanser has microbeads? The package doesn't always say it.
A: Look for the words polyethylene or polypropylene on the label.

Q: What can I use instead that will exfoliate my skin?
A: St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub or Dermalogica's
Microfoliant

That was so informative I never knew this about this pesky beads! Looks like I'm going to buy some new face wash tonight!

I don't understand how the US gets away with putting so much STUFF into the things we use. It's crazy. I remember seeing a post somewhere a while back that compared the ingredients for Kraft Mac and cheese from the US and Europe ( I think) and the US list was considerably longer ...

That was so informative I never knew this about this pesky beads! Looks like I'm going to buy some new face wash tonight!

I don't understand how the US gets away with putting so much STUFF into the things we use. It's crazy. I remember seeing a post somewhere a while back that compared the ingredients for Kraft Mac and cheese from the US and Europe ( I think) and the US list was considerably longer ...

Illinois is one of the first (I think actually *the* first?) state to ban these products. By 2016, they can no longer be sold here (any products with microbeads - including toothpaste). So it's happening, just slowly, and one state at a time.

i wanted to buy an expensive sephora mask, that people raved about online, but the price was crazy. so i stuck with trying out the less expensive brands queen helena mud mask, and a freeman mask first to see if that works. i guess ill just have to wait and see.....

A2DH4lbCAAAulMB.jpg
BUYaAyZCcAAaSsH.jpg

Full Episode

... I wish you'd put a spoiler alert.

I've known femme lesbian cheerleaders and dancers in college. My sister cheered with a femme lesbian cheerleader while in high school....but I guess shes either bisexual or straight now.

I honestly didn't know it was uncommon, but its also not a matter I've given great thought to...since from the outside looking in, I've never considered other peoples sexuality to be an issue....and I've also never had to deal with something like that personally

I may try to watch

At the end of the episode Desiree is kicked off the squad and asked not to try out for next year. There was no explanation as to why. There has been some speculation about whether or not it's because she's gay, or for another reason altogether. I'm looking into it. She decided to transfer to a different school and has already made the cheer team.

Desiree | ask.fm/heavilydesired

She says that she and the coach weren't getting along and she transferred to Central State University.

I just went to the wake of an old friend/enemy and it was so absolutely horrific. I will never ever get the sight of his face out of my head. I don't know what to do. I feel like it's going to haunt me. I can't stop crying and it's just horrible.

Latest posts

Back