OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I was told by an english teacher that the writer made it so it could never be made into a book. Maybe thats why?
I mean, I guess I could see that. I died a little inside watching the trailer (I accidentally came up on it on YouTube) and can't explain why. I was so looking forward to it when I first heard about it. On a different note, a lot of people (or at least people I know that read the Giver) don't realize is that there's actually like 3 other books that kind of make it a saga. It's Gathering Blue, Messenger, and Son. They're actually pretty good!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Ive never read the book but I know how much people love this book and how acclaimed it is. I feel like the movie isn't gonna do the book any justice. I also can't see Jeff Bridges as anything but a sketchy gymnastics coach from Stick it. And also taylor swift is supposedly acting in it? Noooooooo thank you.

Related: I'm so excited for the The Maze Runner movie to come out. It looks like it's gonna be so good. It looks like they've adapted the film almost perfectly from the book. The trailer looks great. I had doubts when I heard it was being made into a movie after seeing how terrible Divergent and The Mortal Instruments movie turned out.

if they ruin The Maze Runner series, ill be pissed... the books are SO good. i only read the first divergent book, and i thought the movie was pretty good, mainly cause of theo james, so ill give that movie a pass.

Anyone around Princeton, NJ should come to see the 2014 Special Olympics USA Games this week! I work for special Olympics New Hampshire and this is my first national event and it is incredible. 3500 athletes, 10,000 volunteers and 70,000 spectators will be attending these games. It's a once in a lifetime chance for athletes, and totally inspiring, moving, exciting, etc to be a part of. All events are free to spectators FYI! Even better! Come join the fun and watch America's Champions be revealed. :)

Okay y'all...I wasn't sure where to post this but hopefully this is the right place. A friend of mine aged out of cheer and is in a HUGE funk over it and is basically facing life w/o being on a team and they don't feel like themselves. Anybody deal with this before? I'm not sure how to help her out. What cheers y'all up when you're feeling down?

I was once woken up by a rat in my bed. Well my sisters pet rat anyway. One of them ate through the bottom of the cage and the other decided to explore the house.
As a kid growing up in Oregon my sister had pet rats. Big pet rats with beady red eyes. One day they escaped and roamed around the house. She was supposed to catch them and put them in their cage. She didn't. In no time they were no longer tame and couldn't be caught. It was wintertime and our only heat was a wood stove. It was real cold. One night I awoke with the rats in bed with me. I freaked out. My family thought it was funny. The rats continued to try to sleep with me every night and I'd run them off. One night they got irritated at being run off. While I was sleeping one of the rats came and bit me in the neck. Then the rats had the taste of blood and would come and bite me every night. I guess that was when my parents decided to eradicate the rats. We lived in the woods amongst the cougars, bears etc. so for my parents rats were no big deal. I no longer like rats. More specifically their sharp teeth, beady eyes and disgusting tail.

My coaching interview is tomorrow at 11 and I can't sleep for the life of me.

My sleeping habits have gotten so bad this summer it's embarrassing.

Like it's 3 am and I'm wide awake

As a kid growing up in Oregon my sister had pet rats. Big pet rats with beady red eyes. One day they escaped and roamed around the house. She was supposed to catch them and put them in their cage. She didn't. In no time they were no longer tame and couldn't be caught. It was wintertime and our only heat was a wood stove. It was real cold. One night I awoke with the rats in bed with me. I freaked out. My family thought it was funny. The rats continued to try to sleep with me every night and I'd run them off. One night they got irritated at being run off. While I was sleeping one of the rats came and bit me in the neck. Then the rats had the taste of blood and would come and bite me every night. I guess that was when my parents decided to eradicate the rats. We lived in the woods amongst the cougars, bears etc. so for my parents rats were no big deal. I no longer like rats. More specifically their sharp teeth, beady eyes and disgusting tail.

I'm going to have nightmares now - I can't even imagine being you.

Reading that made my skin crawl.

How do scrubs fit? I don't know what size I would wear and I need to order some but I don't want them to be too small.

most run rather big... but they do make juniors and women's cut so they are more form fitting. i'm a 2/4 in most pants and the small is tight around my butt and the waist could actually fit another human being in them, but they tie so they're adjustable. (i also have a disproportionally large tush for my body.. if i were "normal" i'd probably need an xs)

my advice - go to walmart, try them on. they're $5.

most run rather big... but they do make juniors and women's cut so they are more form fitting. i'm a 2/4 in most pants and the small is tight around my butt and the waist could actually fit another human being in them, but they tie so they're adjustable. (i also have a disproportionally large tush for my body.. if i were "normal" i'd probably need an xs)

my advice - go to walmart, try them on. they're $5.
okay thank you! I don't even know for sure if I'm gonna need any. I'm supposed to start working at a dentist's office soon in the office and then job shadowing the dentists.

I've been working two jobs. Cleaning hotel rooms and bussing tables for four days. Totalling well over 12 hours a day. Im doing this all summer with two days off a week. Im pretty sure I'm going to die. My feet are aching so badly

Any recommendations of a REALLY good insert for ny sneakers? I feel like I have bruises on the bottoms of my feet.

I've been working two jobs. Cleaning hotel rooms and bussing tables for four days. Totalling well over 12 hours a day. Im doing this all summer with two days off a week. Im pretty sure I'm going to die. My feet are aching so badly

Any recommendations of a REALLY good insert for ny sneakers? I feel like I have bruises on the bottoms of my feet.

i have foot levelers and they are PHENOMENAL! we get them free through school, though, and they have to be custom ordered through a chiro or someone who sells them (which plenty of people do, if you're interested.) however, i believe they are very pricey.

if ordering custom ones doesn't fit your timeline/is too expensive - try going to a shoe store and bring/wear a pair of well worn in sneakers. by looking at the sneaker you've worn in, they can usually tell if you walk on the insides or outsides of your feet and hopefully they're semi-trained in helping you select an appropriate orthotic. if all else fails, try going to a store (lots of walmarts have them and some other chains) with a dr scholls kiosk that you stand on and it gives you a number of what kind of orthotics to buy. better than nothing. you just want to be careful because slapping any old orthotic into your shoe could cause damage if it isn't right for your foot.

also, just throwing this out there, when you first get orthotics, you should only wear them 30-60 min at a time while your feet adjust. the first week i wore mine my feet and calf muscles were all kinda sore, but now they're like wearing a cloud and i hate that its summer and i can't put my orthotics in a flip flop.

hope you feel better soon!

i have foot levelers and they are PHENOMENAL! we get them free through school, though, and they have to be custom ordered through a chiro or someone who sells them (which plenty of people do, if you're interested.) however, i believe they are very pricey.

if ordering custom ones doesn't fit your timeline/is too expensive - try going to a shoe store and bring/wear a pair of well worn in sneakers. by looking at the sneaker you've worn in, they can usually tell if you walk on the insides or outsides of your feet and hopefully they're semi-trained in helping you select an appropriate orthotic. if all else fails, try going to a store (lots of walmarts have them and some other chains) with a dr scholls kiosk that you stand on and it gives you a number of what kind of orthotics to buy. better than nothing. you just want to be careful because slapping any old orthotic into your shoe could cause damage if it isn't right for your foot.

also, just throwing this out there, when you first get orthotics, you should only wear them 30-60 min at a time while your feet adjust. the first week i wore mine my feet and calf muscles were all kinda sore, but now they're like wearing a cloud and i hate that its summer and i can't put my orthotics in a flip flop.

hope you feel better soon!

Thank you! I'll definitely check it out. That explains my severe shin splints a couple years ago.. just bought a cheap pair of inserts without measuring my foot or whatever. Clearly that was a mistake!

Back