OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I agree with @NJ Coach you can call the police. I had my phone stolen from work, and was able to track like you did. The police looked at the site, and they went to the house. They told me all they could do was knock on the door and if someone denied having it they couldn't go in the house to get it. I would imagine that if its one of your students, she would get scared and give it up if the police show up. Teach her the lesson now before she starts stealing bigger things and gets into bigger trouble.

We have an officer on it, but school is over and while we have a relationship with him, my dad is convinced that it is all a lost cause. My dad is retired from the police department and agrees that our hands are tied because I can't confront her, and we believe that she had got rid of the phone since she knows the police are involved because she told the cop she didn't have it.

I know this has been discussed before, but what are the steps/requirements to be a UCA cheerleader? I have several more years in high school, but I want to be prepared because this is something I really want to do! :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
If you go to a camp a staff member can choose to "app" you which just means they think that you have the possibility to make staff and they give you some info on it. But if you don't get apped or if your school doesn't go to camp (like my high school never did) you can always just apply anyways. You apply online (you fill out a short application, upload a picture and letter of recommendation) and then once it gets close to the date that they choose you'll get an email regarding tryouts. Then for tryouts you show up and do the stuff they ask (cheer, dance, jumps, stunts, tumbling and interview), or if you can't make it then you can send in a video (that's what I did). Some states do two rounds of tryouts on different days (my state did) and some do one long tryout with both parts on the same day. First it's a skills tryout and then it's all about your teaching styles. They make cuts in between each. Hope that helps!

Okay, I'm not trying to give a SPOIL ALERT, but just some forwarning in case yall think its too much like one lol

I just finished reading the fault in our stars. after listening to all my friends complain about it, i was weary to read it, but decided to go for it because I read Looking for Alaska by the same author and absolutely loved it (so if ya'll want a good read, read that one) I absolutely loved it. I figured out how the book was going to end before I even picked it up to be honest. and I'm happy with the way it was ended. Mostly because its real life, and does a good job of showing it too. I absolutely love Gus, as well as hate Hazel lol his metaphor to me is the best part of the whole story. okay, that is all for now.

Okay, I'm not trying to give a SPOIL ALERT, but just some forwarning in case yall think its too much like one lol

I just finished reading the fault in our stars. after listening to all my friends complain about it, i was weary to read it, but decided to go for it because I read Looking for Alaska by the same author and absolutely loved it (so if ya'll want a good read, read that one) I absolutely loved it. I figured out how the book was going to end before I even picked it up to be honest. and I'm happy with the way it was ended. Mostly because its real life, and does a good job of showing it too. I absolutely love Gus, as well as hate Hazel lol his metaphor to me is the best part of the whole story. okay, that is all for now.
The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android I promise I'm not really a hat

Lalalalalalalalalalalal I'm not listening

I knew how the book would end from the first chapter.

I did not like Gus...I did not like Hazel

Thats all.

The book felt like a Disney movie to me. I knew how it would end from the beginning, but I still found it entertaining. Although anything beats sitting around and doing nothing in an airport.

lol I read this book at an airport too. Took all of like four hours to finish

Was I the only one whose life just wasn't dramatically changed by the Fault in our Stars? I read a lot, and I read it a few years ago, but it just wasn't to me what it has been to apparently everyone else in the world. Maybe it was because of it's predictability, or maybe it's because I read it right after I read 13 Reasons Why, which I was more impressed with/touched by. (Also, I'm kind of weird about books/movies without happy endings. I think they need them. Like I know that's not how life works, but reading is one of my escapes from real life.) Frankly, I cried once. (Towards the end; it was just beautifully written to me.) I really love John Green, but when I go to the movies this weekend it'll probably be for 22 Jump Street instead.

Last edited:
I watched TFIOS last night and I cried. I read the book first and cried then too. Mostly because I put myself in the characters positions and the thought of losing my boyfriend to cancer is horrifying. And I love Gus. He's perfect and reminds me SO MUCH of my boyfriend it's scary.

I liked the movie, I laughed and cried, but I expected it to be more. I'm not really sure what it was missing, but it feels like something wasn't quite there.

I really don't like the name Augustus (weird that I care right lol) and I don't care for the actress who played Hazel mainly because I only think of her as the girl from Secret Life of the American Teenager which was awful, even though I watched the whole thing haha

Was I the only one whose life just wasn't dramatically changed by the Fault in our Stars? I read a lot, and I read it a few years ago, but it just wasn't to me what it has been to apparently everyone else in the world. Maybe it was because of it's predictability, or maybe it's because I read it right after I read 13 Reasons Why, which I was more impressed with/touched by. (Also, I'm kind of weird about books/movies without happy endings. I think they need them. Like I know that's not how life works, but reading is one of my escapes from real life.) Frankly, I cried once. I really love John Green, but when I go to the movies this weekend it'll probably be for 22 Jump Street instead.

I can only describe The Fault in Our Stars as contrived. I'm a librarian and I have the hardest time suggesting that and Divergent for readers advisory.

I didn't cry at all during the book

I didn't cry during the movie.

I'm just so over YA novels romanticizing death. At the end of the day that's all boils down to.

I can only describe The Fault in Our Stars as contrived. I'm a librarian and I have the hardest time suggesting that and Divergent for readers advisory.

I'm just so over YA novels romanticizing death. At the end of the day that's all boils down to.

I didn't cry either :cool: I didn't hate the book but it's way over hyped. Like it is NOT that good. It's an average book. I read it in a few hours. I wasn't drawn in. Way too predictable for me. Maybe I'm just over YA novels. None of the ones people are talking about interest me at all. When I give in and read them (like I did with hunger games and tfios) I'm always disappointed and feel like rolling my eyes at every word.
Don't get me started on divergent. I didn't read the book, just saw the movie... But I'm so over that storyline. It's not original. I've read multiple other books with basically the same plot with small details making them different. Why waste my time reading another.

The only reason I try to read YA novels is because it's my only shot at trying to understand the culture my peers follow. (I can't think of a better way to phrase that. Lol.) I hate most modern music (Beyoncé and Taylor Swift are my exceptions; hate if you want, but I've been a closet fan since middle school). I hate reality tv. I prefer to stay away from social media, because it's always the same nonsense, and it makes me worry about where society is going (that could just be the fault of the people I'm friends with though). But I do like reading, and I'll try anything once. I've never looked at it as romanticizing death though, that's an excellent point. And one that really makes me think.
About the Divergent series though, never has a series made me so angry. I liked the first two books, the third one was a little all over the place for me but I made myself finish it, and the end had me genuinely livid. I was in a bad mood the whole day. Didn't even go see the movie.
ETA: one of my only exceptions to my general dislike for pop culture actually is the Hunger Games. It could be because I read the first book when it first came out, back when I was in middle school/junior high, and followed it as the books released. I loved it long before the movies, but the movies haven't disappointed me either (for once).

I really dont understand the hype about the fault in our stars. Yes, its quite sad. But i mean the Hunger Games series was more tragic and sad IMO. Literally TFIOS plot was so stretched out i was beyond bored.

Back