OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
From other moms past experience I would suggest not mentioning it, don't let her hear you talk about it, no more privates, no more open gyms, pretend tumbling doesn't even exist in cheerleading!
As a mom who feels pain when your daughter is hurting it is hard to do... nevermind the $$ you are spending and the whole lifestyle of all star cheer.
I get it. But these strategies hsve helped more than a few kids overcome the mental block. Like everyone else is saying no pressure is the key. I also have seen it is very common on young girls who progress very quickly like your daughter has. It will be ok! I promise!!

Thank you, I'm probably headed that route very soon.

I'm in color guard :p The only instrument I can play is guitar (and a little bit of violin but I haven't picked it up since 4th grade and I'm a senior in high school).
I would never be able to do color guard! Good luck at your competition :)

1) Tell me to be brave and go to my networking event. It's really important, but I'm going alone because nobody else is around and the city is still out of power in most places..
2) I find it very amusing when people are like 'No, I'm not going to be all up on my boyfriend even though I'm moving 5 minutes away from him. I'm going to be working all the time!' Then when their status isn't about their job, it's about all the time they spend with their boyfriend and all the things they're doing together and how much she loves him.
3) The jerk-face roommate just came to knock on my door to inform me that I left food unsealed in the kitchen :confused: Who the heck are you, my mom?! Ish, I don't need your stank attitude and you stomping up and down the apt cursing like a sailor because you didn't realize you own jack in this apt. Yes, a ton of stuff is gone because Caiti moved. It was HERS, not yours. Stop acting like it's a travesty because she took it..he's done nothing but whine about how all sorts of stuff is missing. Yeah, your food is gone. I chucked it because it was growing eyeballs and looking at me when I opened the fridge door..get over yourself. And he does that stupid 'Look at me talking to myself/noise-making thing that people do when they want attention or you to ask what they're thinking.' I don't give a flying poop what you think you annoying scum..

1) Tell me to be brave and go to my networking event. It's really important, but I'm going alone because nobody else is around and the city is still out of power in most places..

Be brave!! Go to your networking event!! Make some awesome connections so you can become super successful and be on my tv and have the money to open your NYC gym (and hire me to teach flex and stunts at it)!!

kristenthegreat go to the event. I'm "in the biz" so to say and trust me I only have a job because I network my butt off (last year my connections took me around the US on a private jet and landed me three days with Mr Morgan Freeman). It's all about who you know.

Thinking about venturing into Columbus this weekend to watch AmeriCheer.. but I kinda don't wanna be the awkward retired cheerleader with no team affiliation just sitting there looking like a creeper, lol.

We have a team facebook page (one of the private ones) and I've been so annoyed with everyone on my team lately everytime someone posts something i just want to be rude... but i don't... but today they were like team bonding has been moved to next thursday, you have to be there! and i wanted to comment and be like 'nope. cant go. don't like any of you.' everyone on my team besides like 4 people annoy the living crap out of me because they're just rude. and i hate team bonding because all they do is talk crap about everyone and make fun of people... ugh
Ugh...so sorry! Not being able to be friends with the people on your team kinda sucks all the fun out of it. I hope this is all just a temporary side effect of being together so much at practice. Good luck to you. :enjoyshow:

I'm in color guard :p The only instrument I can play is guitar (and a little bit of violin but I haven't picked it up since 4th grade and I'm a senior in high school).
Oh yay!!! I was in color guard toooooo! I still get chills when I hear marching band music. Those were such fun times for me!

I feel like such a bad mom!!
I'm so nice to my daughter and I don't even think she knows I'm so frustrated about this.

I just can't watch her he in tears day in and day out about tumbling. Even days she doesn't practice or go to open gym she cries over this.

Ill continue to take her to tumbling class, open gym, and privates for the remainder of the month. If she doesn't start throwing more then handsprings I will feel like this is detrimental to the health and well being of my daughter and I can't continue to put her through that.

By month end if she ain't over this I will stop all tumbling classes, privates, and open gyms. Let her finish the season and then pull her from Cheerleading.

Watching her get spotted on tucks and layouts when the coaches are not even touching her is so frustrating. Then they pump her up tell her she has this and they didn't even spot her. Then they walk away ... And then she won't even round off out of the corner and tears come down her face. This breaks my heart!!

Kudos to all the moms who watch their kids go through this. It is probably the hardest thing I ever watched. On one hand I tell her not to quit and give up but on the other hand my child is sick over this. When do I know if I'm doing the right thing for my daughter....
Been there done this and it is painful to watch...very. I just want to add one more thing...every time my girls had a growth spurt they had a block. It was like they need to find a new center of gravity...everything feels different. I think this is why you see a lot of blocks at 11, 12, 13...puberty sucks. Good Luck.

Not funny...if she comes back, she should suck up and say who she actually is. I am sure many will not care but those of us who do will know who she is and know what she is capable of.

I was told shed be back. And with that long list of alias' I wouldn't be surprised. I'm truly curious if she's back.

Okay so I'm venting and its long-sorry in advance.
Last night we went to the playoff game to cheer. Our dance team has started dancing at away games (for reasons unknown...) And the field we were playing is relitively small and has a spot on their turf field that has a spot boxed off and there's a sign in front that says "away team cheerleaders" so obviously we are supposed to stand there... Right? ... Not according to our dance team. We didn't have anywhere to stand and ended up cheering in the small space infront of the students section on the concrete and we couldn't even do the fight song because we didn't have enough room. It was AWFUL.

Back