OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anyone have a cp or non cp in taekwondo? I just put my stepson in a class and I would love some beginner information!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Two of mine did TKD years ago...my oldest was about 6 months shy of his black belt, when he decided he didn't want to do it anymore. How old is your stepson?

A Keurig will only last about 18 months on average. It will tell you to descale, which will probably do nothing. The serial number is at the bottom of the machine. Remove the tray that the mug sits on when you make the coffee and you will see the tag at the bottom. Call Keurig and see if it is still in warranty (if you didn't register it then you are out of luck but if you did and it is still under warranty they will replace it). After 2 Keurigs I went back to my coffee pot. I like it better anyway and I have had the same one for 5 years. Good luck!

Proud supporter of the IBFC since 1997
Bed Bath and Beyond will take it back and give you a new one as long as the model still exists. Pretty much no questions asked.

Definitely go with the phone case ID holder. Idk how it is at other schools, but at my school carrying your ID on a lanyard automatically identified you as a freshman (just something stupid I guess haha). So first semester I had a little Vera Bradley change pouch that I would keep my ID in. For Christmas I got a phone case (literally $2 on Amazon) that had an ID slide-in thing on the back and it saved my life. The only thing is that it started to get dirty and discolor very quickly so now I'm on a hunt for a new one that can hold more than one card. But I loved literally always having it in my hand not having to dig through my bag just to get into my building.

I was going to say the same thing. IDs on lanyards were kind of made fun of at my school - Total Freshman Move. I would steer clear of those.

I always kept my school ID and some cash/my debit in a vera bradley pouch as well! Then I slid that right into the side water bottle holder of my bookbag. I kept my school ID in front of my drivers licence the clear pocket. It was also convenient because that's all I would take when we went out. Then I upgraded to a bigger vera wallet, which I had forever. It was SO discolored a gross. 2 weeks ago I finally got a big girl green leather wallet, haha.

I was going to say the same thing. IDs on lanyards were kind of made fun of at my school - Total Freshman Move. I would steer clear of those.

I always kept my school ID and some cash/my debit in a vera bradley pouch as well! Then I slid that right into the side water bottle holder of my bookbag. I kept my school ID in front of my drivers licence the clear pocket. It was also convenient because that's all I would take when we went out. Then I upgraded to a bigger vera wallet, which I had forever. It was SO discolored a gross. 2 weeks ago I finally got a big girl green leather wallet, haha.

Really?? Everyone at my school (literally everyone) carries their id/keys on a lanyard. If mine is anywhere else, I lose it lol. Girls usually have some sort of Vera Bradley that holds their card, I had a dooney and bourke one on mine for a while but it made getting the card out such a pain in the butt.

Last edited:
Really?? Everyone at my school (literally everyone) carries their id/keys on a lanyard. If mine is anywhere else, I lose it lol. Girls usually have some sort of Vera Bradley that holds their card, I had a dooney and bourke one on mine for a white but it made getting the card out such a pain in the butt.

Same. Lanyards weren't a freshman/newbie thing at my school, everyone used them. It was only if you wore them around your neck. Then you knew who the freshman were. I guess it all depends on the school!

I think my work is slowly trying to kill me. I either work from 3-11pm or 5am-1 back to back for the past few weeks. I couldn't take it anymore, so I'm taking a personal day off and called out. Clearly my work thinks I only need 3 hours of sleep to function anymore... :banghead:

It depends on the state that you live in but it might be illegal to have you get off at 11 and come back at 5. I'm pretty sure it is in Illinois.
i dont know the law for that in florida, but i think as long as there is a 6 hour difference it is ok. but i think management in general forget that not everyone lives 5 minutes down the damn road.... plus working at universal i have to go through the wardrobe process which takes about 30 minutes itself. plus a 30 minute drive home.
i called out today. getting sleep ranked higher on my list of things to do today then working till 11. :rolleyes:

Two of mine did TKD years ago...my oldest was about 6 months shy of his black belt, when he decided he didn't want to do it anymore. How old is your stepson?
8, with ADHD.

I'm starting to get really frustrated with his dad because he's fine with his son sitting on the couch watching TV all day and eating chips and sugary foods. For a kid with adhd, that's like, the worst thing you could possibly do for them.

I send him articles about this all the time but it comes down to that he doesn't want to make the effort to get him to do anything else.

So Lebron James is returning to Cleveland...... im trying really hard not to laugh. thats gonna be an awkward first game:enjoyshow:

8, with ADHD.

I'm starting to get really frustrated with his dad because he's fine with his son sitting on the couch watching TV all day and eating chips and sugary foods. For a kid with adhd, that's like, the worst thing you could possibly do for them.

I send him articles about this all the time but it comes down to that he doesn't want to make the effort to get him to do anything else.

My brother used to TKD around that age. He has ADHD and aspergers. It was the only sport he would do. He really enjoyed it - made it to black belt and did competitions. Once you make it that far it gets expensive, but still not like cheer!

Of course it is giant..I think this deserves a spot in the "not so fierce photos" thread, it would be more appropriate. This, my friends, is the result of old age, attending a UCA college that did not require back flexibility skills, being retired from cheer for 2 years, and not pulling a scorp in approximately 6 years. lol please feel free to point and laugh and be entertained, ya'll are welcome. :D

It's still better than mine. My senior year in college we had to do them. I told my coach I couldn't. "Well you better start stretching." My stunt group stretched the heck out of me for weeks and finally I was able to do this weird crappy scorpion where I basically have to smoosh my arms over my face (I never figured out how to do that weird one handed grip where you arms twists. I need two to pull it).

Back