OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me out! I work in Res Life for my university and we are brainstorming what item we want to give away for free to students when they check in on move in day for on campus housing. We want to do some kind of ID holder that isn't your usual card holder on a lanyard. So far we are thinking of an adhesive pouch thing (idk technical terms) to attach to your phone case so now your phone case is an ID holder, or a waterbottle that has a card/cash holder section. My questions for you:

1. Prob geared more towards adults or people who run events: Do you know of a place where I can get this specific water bottle able to purchase in bulk.

2. Students (college or HS it's cool) what kind of out of the box per say ID card holder would you want or have you seen before?

Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me out! I work in Res Life for my university and we are brainstorming what item we want to give away for free to students when they check in on move in day for on campus housing. We want to do some kind of ID holder that isn't your usual card holder on a lanyard. So far we are thinking of an adhesive pouch thing (idk technical terms) to attach to your phone case so now your phone case is an ID holder, or a waterbottle that has a card/cash holder section. My questions for you:

1. Prob geared more towards adults or people who run events: Do you know of a place where I can get this specific water bottle able to purchase in bulk.

2. Students (college or HS it's cool) what kind of out of the box per say ID card holder would you want or have you seen before?

Thanks!
Anything you can incorporate with a cell phone would be great. I was also thinking a key chain with the college logo and the ability to slide the id into the keychain?

Proud supporter of the IBFC since 1997

Anything you can incorporate with a cell phone would be great. I was also thinking a key chain with the college logo and the ability to slide the id into the keychain?

That is a good idea, thank you!

Thanks!

I know that our ID cards can become inactive (for lack of a better term) if there is too much contact with a phone. Sort of like hotel keys. I would make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen with y'all's cards first if you want to go that route!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Just got back from my vacation yesterday and instead of catching up on the fierceboard I had planned an eye surgery today (laser stuff) soooo now I can't stand to look at my screen for more than a few minutes and I'm bored as can be. No TV, no computer, barely any phone. And no company since I'm home alone. Can I go to sleep yet?

Thanks!

I wish there could be an ID holder type of thing that could velcro inside a pocket of your backpack. That way you just stick it on inside the pocket during class and don't have to worry about rummaging through your backpack after class trying to find it.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IM SO OLD.

Lauryn Hill... come back... the game needs you!

I listened to the Mis Education and LH in the airport after the concert....and I literally can still sing every song, word for word.

That CD is everything. I still remember my mom buying it and how my little sister...who was 2 or 3... would run around SCREAMING "I Need you baby! and if its quite alright I need you BAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYBEEEE to warm the lonely nights"...

Which is inappropriate to read now... I guess... but I'm the kid that used to sing "If I was your girl, all the things I'd do to you.... I'd make you call out my name and ask who it belongs to".... so.

That CD slayed.

Please tell me you've seen Sister Act II

And the Fuggees? Ready or Not? Killing me Softly?

I do know Killing Me Softly. Idk Ready Or Not. Well I might and just not know it by name. The furthest back I can remember of my musical taste is P!nk's R&B days (in other words Most Girls and There You Go) and then I just remember Spice Girls being my life and me singing Just Like A Pill on repeat so I would be able to say b**ch without getting in trouble. To this day it's one of my favourite songs but obviously not for that reason anymore

I do know Killing Me Softly. Idk Ready Or Not. Well I might and just not know it by name. The furthest back I can remember of my musical taste is P!nk's R&B days (in other words Most Girls and There You Go) and then I just remember Spice Girls being my life and me singing Just Like A Pill on repeat so I would be able to say b**ch without getting in trouble. To this day it's one of my favourite songs but obviously not for that reason anymore

WHATTTTTT?!

ready or not, here i come, you can't hide. i'm gunna fiiiiiind you and take it slowly. ready or not, here i come, you can't hide. i'm gunna fiiiiiind you and make you want me.

come on, get with it @chyeeaaa69 ! i'm with @HeresAThought lauryn hill was the ish. i'm 24 and could still totally sing that entire album.

@LeahofthePack

Freshman year on move in day everyone got a lanyard with the school colors and name and it had a card holder on it like this one (I hope the picture works, its hard to tell on my phone)

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0100/4612/t/3/assets/slideshow_1.jpg?11

Most people, including me, kept our room key and ID on there for all 4 years. Most of the time though, the girls had Vera Bradley Wrist things that they kept their phone, ID, whatever in. My lanyard thing never broke and worked perfectly fine. It was nice because you could easily take it out of the card holder and put it back in with one hand if needed. It's not eye catching but it was really simple and easy and I liked them. You can also get one with a retractable attachment. They had some at the book store that was like a plastic case for your ID that you could slide it in and out of but it was a hassle because you needed to take it out every time you needed to swipe your card for the dining hall, vending machines, whatever. The other one let you swipe your card without pulling it out.

Our school always gave out water bottles but I NEVER saw anyone use them unless they were pouring alcohol into them to sneak around our DRY campus. I also can't tell you how many free tshirts I have from school that I've never worn.

Maybe a cool idea might be giving out pillow cases with the school logo on them? Everyone needs pillow cases! And they can still use them when they graduate.

Being apart of res life is so fun! I was on my hall's hall government board last year and I loved it! The res life people at my school were awesome and really knew what would work and what didn't and what college kids wanted. They definitely took their jobs seriously and were outstanding!

Last edited:
@LeahofthePack

Freshman year on move in day everyone got a lanyard with the school colors and name and it had a card holder on it like this one (I hope the picture works, its hard to tell on my phone)

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0100/4612/t/3/assets/slideshow_1.jpg?11

Most people, including me, kept our room key and ID on there for all 4 years. Most of the time though, the girls had Vera Bradley Wrist things that they kept their phone, ID, whatever in. My lanyard thing never broke and worked perfectly fine. It was nice because you could easily take it out of the card holder and put it back in with one hand if needed. It's not eye catching but it was really simple and easy and I liked them. You can also get one with a retractable attachment. They had some at the book store that was like a plastic case for your ID that you could slide it in and out of but it was a hassle because you needed to take it out every time you needed to swipe your card for the dining hall, vending machines, whatever. The other one let you swipe your card without pulling it out.

Our school always gave out water bottles but I NEVER saw anyone use them unless they were pouring alcohol into them to sneak around our DRY campus. I also can't tell you how many free tshirts I have from school that I've never worn.

Maybe a cool idea might be giving out pillow cases with the school logo on them? Everyone needs pillow cases! And they can still use them when they graduate.

Being apart of res life is so fun! I was on my hall's hall government board last year and I loved it! The res life people at my school were awesome and really knew what would work and what didn't and what college kids wanted. They definitely took their jobs seriously and were outstanding!

Great ideas thank you so much!

Speaking of Nash (like 50 posts ago) my daughter does not like him at all. She loves this boy Taylor Caniff who is a part of mag con though.

I wonder if he feels the same way as Nash :/ i hope not because i was not a fan of Nash's comments. I was considering taking her to see them (taylor Caniff) if they come to Texas again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back