OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I detest cheer twitters these days. When I started mine, it wasn't a huge thing - there were maybe 10-15 accounts of MATURE people.
Now every 11 year old has one and when someone says something slightly insulting about their favorite cheerlebrity they gang up on them like it's middle school again.
I refuse to involve myself with that anymore because it's just ridiculous. In the past I've called out some of these accounts just because they act so childish and STUPIDLY on the internet. Get over yourself.
AMEN.

I detest cheer twitters these days. When I started mine, it wasn't a huge thing - there were maybe 10-15 accounts of MATURE people.
Now every 11 year old has one and when someone says something slightly insulting about their favorite cheerlebrity they gang up on them like it's middle school again.
I refuse to involve myself with that anymore because it's just ridiculous. In the past I've called out some of these accounts just because they act so childish and STUPIDLY on the internet. Get over yourself.
There are some good ones now, and there were some bad ones when you had yours, and I think every one has put something out there that was better left unsaid. I guess it is easy to be biased when you are involved in it. As with anything, things become more popular over time. It's easy to ignore the ones that bother you.

I've seen lots of horrible stuff and mainly retweeted by cheer twitters. Really unimpressed. You'd like to think the world has come a long way since WWII.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Being German it always offends me whenever i come across people saying rude or stupid stuff , although i know none of it should make me angry because it is just nonsense. Oh well , i guess that's just what my country always will have to deal with unfortunately

Being German it always offends me whenever i come across people saying rude or stupid stuff , although i know none of it should make me angry because it is just nonsense. Oh well , i guess that's just what my country always will have to deal with unfortunately
Unfortunately I think you are correct. I will admit I had the chills and not in a good way everytime I heard your national anthem played during the games.
However - I have been to your country and had only a good experience. My husband does quite a lot of business with two German companies and travels there frequently. He took our then 16-year-old with him last summer and she stayed with the daughter of one of his colleagues; she hung out with a group of kids who were interested in the fact she was Jewish but it was simple curiosity. Dh was actually invited to attend Oktoberfest this year and he is very excited to be going. I have a good friend who is also Jewish married to a German man, and they live there raising their three young sons; she is very happy and is part of a great Jewish community.
We were very happy that Germany won (well except my son, he was cheering for Messi ;) ); it was a great tournament and their victory was well earned. Congrats to them and to Germany!

Unfortunately I think you are correct. I will admit I had the chills and not in a good way everytime I heard your national anthem played during the games.
However - I have been to your country and had only a good experience. My husband does quite a lot of business with two German companies and travels there frequently. He took our then 16-year-old with him last summer and she stayed with the daughter of one of his colleagues; she hung out with a group of kids who were interested in the fact she was Jewish but it was simple curiosity. Dh was actually invited to attend Oktoberfest this year and he is very excited to be going. I have a good friend who is also Jewish married to a German man, and they live there raising their three young sons; she is very happy and is part of a great Jewish community.
We were very happy that Germany won (well except my son, he was cheering for Messi ;) ); it was a great tournament and their victory was well earned. Congrats to them and to Germany!

Actually every kid here has to go visit a synagogue it is part of our mandatory religious education class. I think it is safe to say that our generation is probably one of the most open minded and tolerant ones these days, and very careful when it comes to racism of any kind. Of course there is always a few bad apples in the mix, i think that happens everywhere, but for the most part its like i said. And i personally am a huge advocate of tolerance, equality and altruism so it hurts my heart to think that there are people out there believing me and my people are the same way some horrible idiots many years ago were. I did my graduation research paper interviewing a jewish WW2 survivor, it was a very interesting experience and i am very glad i got the opportunity to talk to him. He still lives near my hometown
Enough of the depressing talk now though , this is probably not a topic for a cheer message board haha :D

So far in the 4 hours I have worked today I have called first aid 4 times, lost kids 3 times and security 1. This has been the craziest day I have ever worked on my lanta

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

reality check that you're an old person in the all star cheer world: every gym i ever stepped foot in for cheer, classes, privates, and high school practice no longer exist. just realized that. weird.

EDIT: WAIT! one time and one time only our high school coach made us go to spirit factory for tumbling. they're still alive. i feel better now.

Anyone taking bets on when Spirit Factory closes down?

:)

The Fierce Board: where 16 out of 20 voice overs are allowed...

I'm working as a camp counselor and I keep finding myself counting "1, 2" before picking up things/children/anything :p

reality check that you're an old person in the all star cheer world: every gym i ever stepped foot in for cheer, classes, privates, and high school practice no longer exist. just realized that. weird.

EDIT: WAIT! one time and one time only our high school coach made us go to spirit factory for tumbling. they're still alive. i feel better now.
Welcome to NJ...we eat our own ;)

I just got to work and found a snarky note from the AM concierge:

"Noc, I found a piece of popcorn kernel on the floor by the desk this AM. If you are going to eat at the desk, please clean up after yourself."

Uhhh honey, it was one kernel and it was by the trashcan. Like I understand the overall point, but its just one kernel. Pick it up and shut up about it. The amount of effort put in to writing the note for me versus just picking it up and dealing with it is just silly. This girl is dumb as hell.

Back