OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
im sure this belongs in the 18+ forum but since i dont have access... just saw the 50 shades of grey trailer :eek: why yes, yes i will go see that...
however as good looking as jamie dornan is, im kinda surprised he was casted. then again the original choice of actor didnt really make me too excited either. oh well.
I thought they were going with the guy from Pacific Rim?! But Matt Bomer would have been the perfect choice IMO

I would REALLY love it if any 50-shades conversations would take place in the 18+ forum! Thank you!

ETA: I know that so far nothing has been posted that would need to be in the 18+ forum, but I know how quick threads on fb can take turns...

I thought they were going with the guy from Pacific Rim?! But Matt Bomer would have been the perfect choice IMO
originally is was suppose to be charlie hunnam from sons of anarchy.. :confused: which i dont get why that would be their first choice to begin with to be honest, but to each their own. personally i would have loved to have seen Jon Hamm, the guy from sucker punch. but ehh. ill still go see it regardless.

I would REALLY love it if any 50-shades conversations would take place in the 18+ forum! Thank you!

ETA: I know that so far nothing has been posted that would need to be in the 18+ forum, but I know how quick threads on fb can take turns...
i dont have access to 18+ :( was more interested in discussing the cast anyways, so i figured it was okay.

Has anyone seen the trailer for 50 Shades of Grey? It's making me actually wanna read the books/watch the movie (and not just because of the multiple Beyonce songs on the soundtrack/the song in the trailer)
Is Emma Watson in it? (Sorry for continuing the convo, just saw the request to move it.)

i dont have access to 18+ :( was more interested in discussing the cast anyways, so i figured it was okay.

Cast wise (I'll keep this here since this conversation won't go inappropriate) I don't have much knowledge because I haven't read the book, but isn't Christian Grey supposed to be older? The woman looks older in the trailer.

Has anyone seen the trailer for 50 Shades of Grey? It's making me actually wanna read the books/watch the movie (and not just because of the multiple Beyonce songs on the soundtrack/the song in the trailer)
I don't think movie Christian Grey matches the Christian Grey I had in my head from the books.

I also don't see myself going to see the movie....basically my concerns are that which were brought up on The View this morning, so I'm glad to see I'm not alone

The books were a poorly written mess.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

agreed with @HeresAThought - i read them. they were okay. the writing is just so atrocious and there's only so many times i can read the same sex scene over and over again. And agreed that I probably won't see the movie. Once it's rentable on iTunes, I'll consider it.

and if you read them, then you'll be furious with their choice of actor for Christian Grey. It should have been Ian Somerhalder. The actor they chose (I don't even know who he is?) is so wrong.

Cast wise (I'll keep this here since this conversation won't go inappropriate) I don't have much knowledge because I haven't read the book, but isn't Christian Grey supposed to be older? The woman looks older in the trailer.

Christian Grey (If I remember correctly) is supposed to be late 20's....maybe very early 30s (I read the book 2 years ago).

But yes, the actress playing Anastasia looks super old in the face....and she didn't possess the innocence that Anastasia supposedly had

I don't think movie Christian Grey matches the Christian Grey I had in my head from the books.

I also don't see myself going to see the movie....basically my concerns are that which were brought up on The View this morning, so I'm glad to see I'm not alone

The books were a poorly written mess.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

ill agree that the book wasnt that well written. but i also want to think that a lot of big name actors turn down these kind of roles cause of the pressure to be able to pull off a good book to movie adaptation. people fall in love with books a lot more then movies. so when an actor ruins the movie, it basically ruins the whole thing overall for anyone who read the books first, at least for me.
i mean twilight, hunger games, divergent all had quite a few unknowns who had starring roles, at least to what i know.

now if they screw up the maze runner i wont be too mad, cause i dont expect the movie to ever be as good as the book is.

ill agree that the book wasnt that well written. but i also want to think that a lot of big name actors turn down these kind of roles cause of the pressure to be able to pull off a good book to movie adaptation. people fall in love with books a lot more then movies. so when an actor ruins the movie, it basically ruins the whole thing overall for anyone who read the books first, at least for me.
i mean twilight, hunger games, divergent all had quite a few unknowns who had starring roles, at least to what i know.

now if they screw up the maze runner i wont be too mad, cause i dont expect the movie to ever be as good as the book is.

I think that when the bar is so low for the quality of a book (50 Shades and Twilight...the whole series...for example)....its easy to pull off a good adaption. So that said...because 50 Shades sucked, and the bar was so low, the movie will be "really good"....

For Hunger Games... eh. I liked Catching Fire... never bothered to finish Mockingjay. I loved the movies...so I guess subconsciously I hated the books.

Divergent. I read the first book and was over it....and I didn't like the movie.

Since I'm a librarian I subconsciously always try to like the book better than the movie....but books are so crappy these days that its nearly impossible.

Anyway. My latest disappointment lies in "Get on Up"- The James Brown biopic. I loved Ray (the movie...and the artist)...so I had really high hopes for this. I love any good biopic really... but that movie was an all over the place mess. So disappointing because I loved me some James Brown

Since I'm a librarian I subconsciously always try to like the book better than the movie....but books are so crappy these days that its nearly impossible.

YUUUPPPPPPP. Can't agree with you enough.

It feels like anyone can publish a book nowadays and become a "National Bestseller". :banghead:
It also feels like when a book comes out that people absolutely LOVE then everyone has to rush to write a book using the same exact plot/theme/whatever just to make money off of it. Maze Runner, Twilight, Divergent, Mortal Instruments, I'm sure there's TONS more - they are all in essence the same story. They all just copy each other. It's the same thing with movies. It's all about money now, not about originality and creativity.

But I wont get into how much I despise the 50 Shades craze. The hatred is high.

There's been a lot of discussion about Bey involving herself with the project because of the nature of the project. My guess (since last I heard there were 2 versions made, one MUCH more explicit than the other) is that A-listers would stay as far from this as possible to avoid having to do a role that's so heavily sexual.

YUUUPPPPPPP. Can't agree with you enough.

It feels like anyone can publish a book nowadays and become a "National Bestseller". :banghead:
It also feels like when a book comes out that people absolutely LOVE then everyone has to rush to write a book using the same exact plot/theme/whatever just to make money off of it. Maze Runner, Twilight, Divergent, Mortal Instruments, I'm sure there's TONS more - they are all in essence the same story. They all just copy each other. It's the same thing with movies. It's all about money now, not about originality and creativity.

But I wont get into how much I despise the 50 Shades craze. The hatred is high.

Exactly.

Today my coworker was talking about some series...The Testing, Independent Study, Graduation day... a trilogy by Joelle Charbonneau or something.... SHe was claiming how popular its going to be and how it sounds so good and how it was for sure going to be the next movie trilogy

And I was like describe it?

It ended up with me saying "Girl bye... thats the same as Hunger Games, Divergent, and any dystopian type book that they're pumping into society because people are such lemmings and will buy and read anything and swear by it"

Like Kyle and Kendall Jenner (w a Ghost Writer) put out their own dystopian type book. If that don't tell yall something, then I don't know what will.

There's been a lot of discussion about Bey involving herself with the project because of the nature of the project. My guess (since last I heard there were 2 versions made, one MUCH more explicit than the other) is that A-listers would stay as far from this as possible to avoid having to do a role that's so heavily sexual.
i dont want to turn this conversation a different direction, but i almost wish they would have gone for a nc17 rating for the movie, i mean i wont mention the title of the movie, however ryan gosling was able to pull it off and that movie still made 12 million. moving on.......

Aside from her stripped down CIL what is her exact involvement in the book.

But I mean shes Beyonce, clearly we all have seen Beyonce's performances or in the least heard her music....so her contributing to the soundtrack seems right in her forte.

Now if like Mandy Moore dropped a track for this sound track I'd have some questions

Latest posts

Back