OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I know on 'Good Morning New York' his son Darryl, I believe that is his name, was saying how the family was not consulted and he was pushing his book on his father's life to tell the real story about him. He also mentioned that he played drums and guitar with his dad and was showing him in pictures and clips. That movie was just crazy and every time that actor will look into the camera and talk to me, I wanted to tell him to stop talking to me and focus on telling the story. lol

That's called breaking the 4th wall, when the actor speaks directly to the audience. Carrie used to do it on Sex and the City...and it was terrible. When it was done in the James Brown movie....it could have worked but it didn't...so it was terrible. Came across as unnecessary

Daryl Brown is all about money and has always been. He's trying to promote his struggle published book so of course he is going to parade around to anyone that will listen to his dissenting opinion

James Brown's family is still in Augusta... production and actors went to Augusta and consulted them. Daryl is just trying to make a buck

This kind of struggle happens when famous men go out and impregnate the masses.

Told my friend I couldn't go to the only mall we have (45 min away) with her because I was babysitting my cousin... A few hours later my grandma unexpectedly came and picked my cousin up, so I was free and they had already left. Then I realized I leave for the beach in 3 days and am in desperate need of new shorts, and today is really my only day to get any. So now my options are go by myself (and I'm kind of afraid to drive in heavy traffic and wet roads... embarrassing) or go with my boyfriend (and let him drive) so we can see a movie afterwards like we'd talked about earlier this week. Either way I'll probably run into my friends, who are immature and will be mad no matter what I say (even if I text now and explain myself). Any advice? (Other than get new friends :( )
ETA: this sounds so petty. And I'm so frustrated. When will I be out of high school?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

i would text them saying the truth.. that your grandma picked up your cousin and you want to go to the mall. maybe ask where they are to meet up so it doesn't seem like you are just going without them. they shouldn't be mad at you, but girls are silly sometimes.

I desperately need to know: has North Laurel High School's cheer program been cut, or was it all just a rumor (please tell me it's a rumor)?

Okay fierce boarders I need your advice. Two months ago my boyfriend and two friends decided to go to a concert. I used my debit card to pay online for the 4 tickets which were 70$ each, expecting to be paid back. My boyfriend and one friend paid me back, but 2 months later as the concert approaches the one friend never paid me back. Then 3 days before the concert she cancels on me. It wasn't enough time to sell the ticket. Everyone agreed that she needs to pay me back since I counted on her to pay me back and never did. When I brought it up with her it started a fight and she claims that it's not her problem anymore but I think it is 100%. What do you guys think, what should I do? I need to get that money back somehow I can't just lose 70$

Okay fierce boarders I need your advice. Two months ago my boyfriend and two friends decided to go to a concert. I used my debit card to pay online for the 4 tickets which were 70$ each, expecting to be paid back. My boyfriend and one friend paid me back, but 2 months later as the concert approaches the one friend never paid me back. Then 3 days before the concert she cancels on me. It wasn't enough time to sell the ticket. Everyone agreed that she needs to pay me back since I counted on her to pay me back and never did. When I brought it up with her it started a fight and she claims that it's not her problem anymore but I think it is 100%. What do you guys think, what should I do? I need to get that money back somehow I can't just lose 70$

The right thing for her to do is to pay you for the ticket.

Feeling infamous today and laughing at some absurd statements spoken here and there

This so called friend is foul. My take on the situation, the girl is a taker and thought once she had that ticket that you had no recourse, if she had not paid. This is awful, painful and expensive lesson learned, but at least you know that this acquaintance will never get a chance to burn you again! In the future, if you are expected to be paid for something, never give the tickets, etc. before receiving your funds...
PS: If you really want your money back and can prove that it was explicitly a loan and not a gift, take this "friend" to Judge Judy, so she can get her butt rimmed, oops! I meant to say reamed out publicly or Jerry Springer to have her butt spanked, publicly... just saying!

Last edited:

In a similar situation right now. The friend should pay. She is not legally obligated since there is nothing in writing and it sounds like she has no intention of paying so sadly I think you are SOL and are going to need to write the ticket and your friend off as a loss. I'm sorry. Hope you had a great time at the concert!

I had a similar situation last summer. I was moving into an apartment with two of my friends and one of the girls bailed the day we signed the lease. After I had paid her part of the security deposit and first month's rent because she was from out of state. Nearly $500 later, that's a mistake I can say I will never make again. I'm sorry, I know it sucks. But all you can do is cut the money, and her, as a loss.

Back