OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This so called friend is foul. My take on the situation, the girl is a taker and thought once she had that ticket that you had no recourse, if she had not paid. This is awful, painful and expensive lesson learned, but at least you know that this acquaintance will never get a chance to burn you again! In the future, if you are expected to be paid for something, never give the tickets, etc. before receiving your funds...
PS: If you really want your money back and prove that it was explicitly a loan, take this "friend" to Judge Judy, so she can get her butt rimmed out publicly or Jerry Springer to have her butt spanked, publicly... just saying!
Definitely a lesson learned. That last part made me laugh haha thank you :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I had a similar situation last summer. I was moving into an apartment with two of my friends and one of the girls bailed the day we signed the lease. After I had paid her part of the security deposit and first month's rent because she was from out of state. Nearly $500 later, that's a mistake I can say I will never make again. I'm sorry, I know it sucks. But all you can do is cut the money, and her, as a loss.

$500, wow :( I can't even imagine. Guess this was a learning experience

If you're not a fan of the "original" Pringles, try the multigrain ones. They kind of taste like Sun Chips.
Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips? I hope so. Have you tried Sweet and Spicy Chili Doritos? I haven't, but I've heard that "they will BLESS you." (In the words of Kid Fury.)

I had a similar situation last summer. I was moving into an apartment with two of my friends and one of the girls bailed the day we signed the lease. After I had paid her part of the security deposit and first month's rent because she was from out of state. Nearly $500 later, that's a mistake I can say I will never make again. I'm sorry, I know it sucks. But all you can do is cut the money, and her, as a loss.

You are nice person and I hate to tell you this, that so called 'friend' actually committed a crime against you. Due to the amount of money lost and the circumstances behind why the money was given. You have a great civil case against her and should go to your nearest courthouse and file charges against this person. You should be able to prove that you gave her $500, you will need any type of paper trail on the money or witnesses that can corroborate your story against her. I am sorry, this person should not be allow to get away with this crime. The statutory for filing on this kind of crime is 6 years.
PS: IF you do not want to go this route, I will advise you to unleash the heatzie on this girl and have a documentary on the Oxygen channel made of the event called when 'Women Snap!' So, a lesson can be taught to any other potential thieving 'friends'! just sayin'

Last edited:
Okay fierce boarders I need your advice. Two months ago my boyfriend and two friends decided to go to a concert. I used my debit card to pay online for the 4 tickets which were 70$ each, expecting to be paid back. My boyfriend and one friend paid me back, but 2 months later as the concert approaches the one friend never paid me back. Then 3 days before the concert she cancels on me. It wasn't enough time to sell the ticket. Everyone agreed that she needs to pay me back since I counted on her to pay me back and never did. When I brought it up with her it started a fight and she claims that it's not her problem anymore but I think it is 100%. What do you guys think, what should I do? I need to get that money back somehow I can't just lose 70$

She owes u! I Had a friend have to cancel day before a concert double your ticket cost and she paid me for it. She is not a good friend if she does not give u the $.

If she signed the lease, u need to sue her! Don't take it as a loss, that is a lot of money! She owes u that and a judge will award it if her signature is on that paper!

Soo I'm going to be on my cruise to Bermuda right during shark week.. and I can't NOT watch shark week. I'm going to psyche myself out in the water when we get to Bermuda haha

If she signed the lease, u need to sue her! Don't take it as a loss, that is a lot of money! She owes u that and a judge will award it if her signature is on that paper!

Unfortunately, since she hadn't signed the lease yet, there really isn't anything I could do about it. She was from out of state (we go to the same college) and I was covering her part until she was done with her summer class because she wasn't able to move down until two weeks after my other roommate and I moved in.

Wait, after closer reading to your post, I thought you directly gave this girl $500 and she jumped ship on you owing money, but in fact, you gave this money to the landlord in order to move in apartment. So, I hope you are not on your way to the courthouse to sue, but you know what, if you are still in that apartment with the other friend, the other friend must realize that upon moving out of the apartment you will be entitled to 66% cut of the security and they will only take 33% of the security.
PS: I will advise that you make sure upon moving out that you pick up or have the security check sent to you, I am not saying that you should not trust your roommate, but granted, who can trust anyone when it comes to your money!

Wait, after closer reading to your post, I thought you directly gave this girl $500 and she jumped ship on you owing money, but in fact, you gave this money to the landlord in order to move in apartment. So, I hope you are not on your way to the courthouse to sue, but you know what, if you are still in that apartment with the other friend, the other friend must realize that upon moving out of the apartment you will be entitled to 66% cut of the security and they will only take 33% of the security.
PS: I will advise that you make sure upon moving out that you pick up or have the security check sent to you, I am not saying that you should not trust your roommate, but granted, who can trust anyone when it comes to your money!

Oh I know! Trust me, I'm getting all of my portion of the security deposit back. At least I'll get it back eventually!

Okay fierce boarders I need your advice. Two months ago my boyfriend and two friends decided to go to a concert. I used my debit card to pay online for the 4 tickets which were 70$ each, expecting to be paid back. My boyfriend and one friend paid me back, but 2 months later as the concert approaches the one friend never paid me back. Then 3 days before the concert she cancels on me. It wasn't enough time to sell the ticket. Everyone agreed that she needs to pay me back since I counted on her to pay me back and never did. When I brought it up with her it started a fight and she claims that it's not her problem anymore but I think it is 100%. What do you guys think, what should I do? I need to get that money back somehow I can't just lose 70$

Yeah....you're not going to get your money back. She clearly doesn't feel obligated to pay you back....and probably didn't have the funds for the ticket to begin with

Reminds me of when I bought my sisters friends tickets to see Drake, since I got a student discount and one girl lied and said she had permission to go but didn't so when it came time to give me my money back she didn't have it. Fortunately her mom had good sense and repaid me and handled her so I didn't have to

Speaking of Drake....."I been taught to never loan somebody what you need right back"

Chalk this up as a lesson learned and don't do it again. And should you do it again go ahead and leave that ticket posted on ticket master resell from the second you buy it.

Back