OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
wait, apartments under $500 a month exist?! moving pronto...
just barely under $500, im a single, 26 year old, with a cat, ha. so im not really looking for anything bigger then one bedroom or even a studio apartment.
but yes, even i was surprised by how many results i got when first started looking into apartments near atlanta, etc with that price range. in Orlando, anything less then 500 you'll be living in the WORST area, unless you find a room mate to split rent with.

Wow -- awareness and donations don't do anything.... I guess the millions of dollars raised due to all of the videos won't do anything either. :confused:
I'm not saying anyone has to do the challenge or donate, but it certainly has done many good things. Awareness is a very good thing, so even if it only raises awareness the mission has been accomplished. The money raised has been an added bonus. Above and beyond the money raised - I had a friend from high school that I have only kept contact with on facebook. She commented on my video that her husband was diagnosed with ALS last year and it has been a very difficult year for her and her family. The videos have made her cry - she was overwhelmed that so many people would take the time to acknowledge ALS and it was the first time she hadn't felt alone in her difficult journey. That alone was worth doing the challenge.
ETA: this video, although long, is well worth watching.

This exactly! The challenge IS doing something! Awareness is always important, especially with a disease people know so little about!

Pete is from my hometown (my sister went to middle school with him) and he is ecstatic over the AWARENESS that is being created. He knows that with awareness comes funding, with funding comes research, and with research comes help/ a cure.

$500 wouldn't even get you a room in someone's basement in NoVa, maybe a 1/4 of a decent 1 BR apartment. Though I did pay about $500 for a crappy 4BR college apartment in West Virginia.

for real. i pay $700 now for a tiny 1BR in (no offense to anyone who really loves upstate NY) the middle of no where. it would actually be more affordable to buy a house up here.. seriously, average mortgage payment is less than $500 in this town. in my hometown in NJ, i'd easily be paying double my current rent for something even smaller and probably have roommates.

I'm trying to start private lessons at my local gymnastics gym. I haven't tumbled in ages and i want to relearn all events. Last time I tried this though, the owner said id have too hard of a time trying to relearn. Whatever.

I'm just too uncomfortable to go back to my old gym since they haven't done anything about the verbal abuse, and I miss gymnastics.

I'm trying to start private lessons at my local gymnastics gym. I haven't tumbled in ages and i want to relearn all events. Last time I tried this though, the owner said id have too hard of a time trying to relearn. Whatever.

I'm just too uncomfortable to go back to my old gym since they haven't done anything about the verbal abuse, and I miss gymnastics.
Good luck! I wish I had the guts to get back in a gym. Which gym are you going to?

Good luck! I wish I had the guts to get back in a gym. Which gym are you going to?
I'm looking at windsor, but I'll go to Santa Rosa as a last resort. And apparently rohnert park is like, done for. I trained at windsor when I was little, and it's mostly the same coaches :).

Reactions: Ems
I'm looking at windsor, but I'll go to Santa Rosa as a last resort. And apparently rohnert park is like, done for. I trained at windsor when I was little, and it's mostly the same coaches :).
I've never done Windsor, though I've been in there once. I get what you mean about SR. But what do you mean RP is done for?! Are they closing or something?

I've never done Windsor, though I've been in there once. I get what you mean about SR. But what do you mean RP is done for?! Are they closing or something?
Not closing, just not doing well apparently. Last time I was in rp, they only had one level 7. That's bad. So they're rebooting their whole deal apparently.

Not closing, just not doing well apparently. Last time I was in rp, they only had one level 7. That's bad. So they're rebooting their whole deal apparently.
Whoa, that's so weird. They were doing pretty great about 4/5 years ago. That's where I tumbled for a bit, they had some great coaches. I wonder what happened.

Whoa, that's so weird. They were doing pretty great about 4/5 years ago. That's where I tumbled for a bit, they had some great coaches. I wonder what happened.
Yeah me too. The gym was really dusty last time I went, too. The gym wasn't crowded though so I might be willing to tough it out.

I saw If I Stay today. I do think anyone else on the theatre (there were only 5 of us) had read the book, so at the end they just say there and said "this is it? How does it end?"
That's how I was! Lol I was kind of let down but then kind of okay with it.

Do HS football games in like Texas and Florida and other hot statesstart late? Or what do you do about the heat? It was like 100 today and they moved the game to 7:30 and had mandatory water breaks for the players. We were sweating so much, it was disgusting. I can't imagine that being the norm... Our first game or two are always sweaty and gross but it was especially bad tonight.

Back