OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
It was just gross... I don't think starting at 7:30 even made a difference tbh. Some parents were wearing long pants and i was like :confused: The student section had a "beach" theme so they were all half naked. Meanwhile we're melting. To top it off we got killed...
This was us word for word except the half-naked.

We always start at 7:30 though. They are calling for rain next week. Can't win with the weather.

We had jamboree today which is a big barbecue for the players and a scrimmage. It was so hot and our uniforms are long sleeve ugh! But I got lots of cute pictures with the boyfriend and I'm so excited for the rest of the season
We always did a corn roast in high school for the first game!

Do HS football games in like Texas and Florida and other hot statesstart late? Or what do you do about the heat? It was like 100 today and they moved the game to 7:30 and had mandatory water breaks for the players. We were sweating so much, it was disgusting. I can't imagine that being the norm... Our first game or two are always sweaty and gross but it was especially bad tonight.

We always start at 7:30 in NC. I didn't go to our first game last night though. It was over 2 hours away, so I just listened on the radio, so I have no clue how hot it was there.

In SC you just deal. Where I was in school, there were "red flag" rules in SC forbidding outdoor practice if the head index reached a certain temperature. Not sure what the cut off was. The only time we were ever forced to stop an outdoor practice was during a camp in Myrtle where the head index was about 115, but that was probably just a UCA rule.

I HATED cheering in the heat. I despise being hot. I would literally rather cheer in two feet of snow than cheer in anything over like 85.

I just searched the SC High School League website for specific rules on this and found nothing.

You clearly have never had to cheer in 20 degree snowy, windy weather! I can assure you it is just as extreme as cheering in the heat!

vent... it is in the 60s today. It was in the 40s when I woke up a couple of days ago. Our summer lasted approximately 5 weeks :(

You clearly have never had to cheer in 20 degree snowy, windy weather! I can assure you it is just as extreme as cheering in the heat!

vent... it is in the 60s today. It was in the 40s when I woke up a couple of days ago. Our summer lasted approximately 5 weeks :(

i'm home in nj on a 2 week "summer break" right now... but when i left NY the leaves were already starting to change and it was 40*-50* at night already. they said they're expecting a worse winter than last year... it snowed minimum every other day last winter so i guess it'll just never stop snowing this winter? awesome.

i'm home in nj on a 2 week "summer break" right now... but when i left NY the leaves were already starting to change and it was 40*-50* at night already. they said they're expecting a worse winter than last year... it snowed minimum every other day last winter so i guess it'll just never stop snowing this winter? awesome.

Welcome to upstate NY. You'll get used to it at some point. Around the time where the days start to blur together and all you see is white :p

I haven't seen any leaves change yet, but I haven't been looking for them much. I feel like our winters have been somewhat timid compared to when I was growing up, so I'm excited for this winter! I know hardly anyone feels that way though...

Welcome to upstate NY. You'll get used to it at some point. Around the time where the days start to blur together and all you see is white :p

I haven't seen any leaves change yet, but I haven't been looking for them much. I feel like our winters have been somewhat timid compared to when I was growing up, so I'm excited for this winter! I know hardly anyone feels that way though...

it was only one.. breed? of tree. I'm not good at tree types lol but i'm guessing it's more temperamental than most. i don't love the amount of snow, but i will say i prefer the cold. i've completely lost my tolerance to heat in recent years so i'm excited for it to cool off! but last week i was wearing pants and either long sleeves or had a light jacket with me on my way to class. it's august! that was a bit crazy to me, but by mid afternoon i'd be hot but the mornings were so cold. how do you dress for that? lol i'm adjusting well, i think. life would be perfect if i could hire a service to clean the snow off my car every morning. then i would have no complaints.

29611kz.jpg

33vg56d.jpg

So I found a way to hang (some) of my bows in my room and I'm like actually in love with the way my dorm looks :) I have two weeks until cheer tryouts and I'm already freaking out... I already know the tryout dance and the fight song from the last time I tried out so that's good I guess.

(sorry these are so big...)

Its not a good time to be a Bears fan in Washington... :(
But seriously, BRING BACK THE HONEYBEARS, they've sucked ever since they got rid of them (aka the year after they won the superbowl...)

Back