OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Okay I just find out that next year the gymasntic world championship is in Belgium!!!! And fly ticket to beligum is like 20€....guess who is going ?????
MEEEEE

I got all excited because the figure skating World Championships is in London, Ontario (the city I live in) in March, and I was all pumped to go, then found out the lowest possible ticket price is $450... Apparently you can't pay to see each event individually, you must buy them as a package.

Just saw on twitter: Could easily fit 5 m&m's into each one of Mario's dimples. That is the funniest thing I've seen all day. Maybe because I'm overtired haha

I met Mario Lopez.... okay I flagged Mario Lopez down once and forced him to take a picture with me at Michael Jackson's Memorial Service.... he was tiny and greasy.

in order news... could someone please shimmy me so that the I will no longer have all of those 6's

I took my US history EOC on Monday- easiest thing ever.
I had my biology EOC today... i studied all week with a study group, stayed up until 12:45 ish last night studying, i even studied in the bathtub yesterday... Got to school, was SO nervous because all of my super smart friends that have taken it in the past said it was the hardest thing ever... the test was literally like 3rd grade questions.. I just want my resultssssssssssss!

I'm so angry. So I've been working on a full since June and I almost got it. I go to tumbling classes every Thursday. Last Thursday I was noticing I would do round off handsprings and stop and get this really weird scary sensation. I just ignored it and stuck to layouts that night. Then tonight I did layouts in the beginning and when I went to twist I freaked out and did roundoff hs. So I went to tumble track and did one roundoff hs then a roundoff and completely freaked out, went up in the air and landed on my neck on the mat. I was fine, and then got up and couldn't help but cry. I'm not the kind of person who cries, ever. I didn't want to try any tumbling after that so I just went and did jumps to back for the remander of the class. Help, this has NEVER happened to me before and honestly I would say that I would be the last person to expect it to happen to.

Im pretty sure this is the cutest picture I've ever taken, and I love this little girl so much, so I had to share <3
18886_533307230015782_870763091_n.jpg

In about 2 hours I will be failing my psych final. I am so worried I'm going to fail that class. I can't fail a class my first semester of college... I guess I could use the I tore my acl and couldn't get to class card to try and justify it but ugh, i'm so worried

Heading down to Miami and going to visit Top Gun tonight! Soooo excited! And then I'm going on my cruise! Cayman Islands and Jamaica- I'm so excited but nervous because I don't want the ship to go down... I can't swim. Unless you count the doggy paddle haha!! The worse part is not being able to get on fierceboard, twitter, or text anyone for almost a week! I might go crazy!!!

Heading down to Miami and going to visit Top Gun tonight! Soooo excited! And then I'm going on my cruise! Cayman Islands and Jamaica- I'm so excited but nervous because I don't want the ship to go down... I can't swim. Unless you count the doggy paddle haha!! The worse part is not being able to get on fierceboard, twitter, or text anyone for almost a week! I might go crazy!!!
So jealous!! Haha don't worry about the ship going down. I've been on seven cruises had have had no problems...we were even on one when a hurricane hit Florida and we were all perfectly fine. Have fun!!! :)

I'm so angry. So I've been working on a full since June and I almost got it. I go to tumbling classes every Thursday. Last Thursday I was noticing I would do round off handsprings and stop and get this really weird scary sensation. I just ignored it and stuck to layouts that night. Then tonight I did layouts in the beginning and when I went to twist I freaked out and did roundoff hs. So I went to tumble track and did one roundoff hs then a roundoff and completely freaked out, went up in the air and landed on my neck on the mat. I was fine, and then got up and couldn't help but cry. I'm not the kind of person who cries, ever. I didn't want to try any tumbling after that so I just went and did jumps to back for the remander of the class. Help, this has NEVER happened to me before and honestly I would say that I would be the last person to expect it to happen to.

You did the smart thing by getting up and continuing to do skills after you landed on your neck. As long as you were 100% sure there was no serious injury, the best thing to do is to get up and flip. I've found the tumble track to be a curse, personally. I don't rely on myself enough on it, and I don't have as much control on it as I'd like to. You're afraid of your skill, which is understandable, I've been through and we've all been through it. Get spot as long as YOU want it. Don't let a coach tell you they're done spotting you because you are capable of doing it. Most coaches have been through the same thing and understand how much worse a mental setback is in tumbling than a physical one. My coach gets frustrated with me all the time, but even if she's literally putting a single finger on me, and not assisting the flip at all, she's there because she knows I need it. I've since thrown the skill by myself, but I keep going back and forth depending on the night. Some nights I want someone beside me, even if they're not doing anything, and others I'm fine. Take it slowly, rep it out with a spotter if it will make you more comfortable, and honestly, if you can layout on the floor, and have done fulls on the floor, ignore the tumble track. It's more of a curse in most situations than a blessing, especially when you already have the skill.

Back