OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
SmileyRyleigh your school looks like it could've been used as a set on High School Musical.

Also, did anyone else notice that our pictures ( <<<< )are now full sized and no longer cropped? Or was that just me who noticed it...

So I didn't make the FGCU Cheer team but there were a lot of people with insane tumbling my friend said (she went, I turned in a video) so we're gonna train at Top Gun Naples during the year to improve our skills
That's a great way to look at it! Don't give up! And it's good that you're going to train all year, some people think they can get level 5 tumbling the week before tryouts... like no. I'm glad you're going to go back and try again, good luck next year!

That's a great way to look at it! Don't give up! And it's good that you're going to train all year, some people think they can get level 5 tumbling the week before tryouts... like no. I'm glad you're going to go back and try again, good luck next year!
Thank you! I know you can't get tumbling in a week, heck, it took me 7 years to get my backhandspring!

i really know nothing of auditions or the acting world, so excuse my ignorance and please don't take offense to my questions... but how do auditions normally work when the part involves nudity? do other directors/producers/casting directors really never see you naked until the filming of that scene? i've never thought about this before your mention of it, but it sort of makes sense that they'd want to see.. uh what they're working with.. before the actual time comes. i take it from your post that that's completely not the norm? (and if so, I do agree that it's completely shady)
Actually, no.

Until there is a contract IN YOUR HAND and you're booked, NO nudity should be involved with the audition process. Ever. It's against AEA (theater), SAG-AFTRA (film/tv), every union essentially forbids it, the CSA (casting society of america- aka the casting directors) wouldn't dream of allowing it.

What typically occurs is a body check of some kind. Which, incidentally, happened at the beginning of the process. You go in with a bikini and they check you front, both profiles and back. That way they see the essentials but no graphic details are necessary. Your bits really aren't THAT important, all things considered, as most are edited out in the final product anyway (if you ever pay close attention, you usually see top half of backside, side/top of chest shots but no full-on completely nude shots unless it's the director's cut/unrated version).

u4esarut.jpg

Very first thing I've drawn since the semester ended and holy I forgot how relaxing drawing can be. The eyes are a little off same with the nose but aggggghhh I'm so calm now it's crazy

u4esarut.jpg

Very first thing I've drawn since the semester ended and holy I forgot how relaxing drawing can be. The eyes are a little off same with the nose but aggggghhh I'm so calm now it's crazy
That's so good! Hahaha at first I thought the curl on the side was an outline of her cheek and I was really confused but then I looked closer

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

u4esarut.jpg

Love it. It´s so difficult to draw faces. I know it, i´ve tried :confused:
I think her left eye is good, the right one is a little bit off.
And it is really relaxing, even though i´m nearly not as good as you!

First of all thanks for the comments on the picture you lovely people :)

And second apparently there was almost a terrorist attack in Canada specifically ontario and quebec and that actually terrifies me. Like I'm happy the Mounties figured it out before it happened, but at the same time it really makes me think a lot. I feel like being Canadian we(every canadian i know) sort of all live in this little bubble thinking that things like that would never happen here when the reality is why wouldn't it?

Actually, no.

Until there is a contract IN YOUR HAND and you're booked, NO nudity should be involved with the audition process. Ever. It's against AEA (theater), SAG-AFTRA (film/tv), every union essentially forbids it, the CSA (casting society of america- aka the casting directors) wouldn't dream of allowing it.

What typically occurs is a body check of some kind. Which, incidentally, happened at the beginning of the process. You go in with a bikini and they check you front, both profiles and back. That way they see the essentials but no graphic details are necessary. Your bits really aren't THAT important, all things considered, as most are edited out in the final product anyway (if you ever pay close attention, you usually see top half of backside, side/top of chest shots but no full-on completely nude shots unless it's the director's cut/unrated version).

thank you for answering, that makes much more sense (and i hope you didn't take offense to my original post!) i didn't know the bathing suit part was included in the audition... the overall body is more of what i meant by "what they're working with" as opposed to.. uh.. you're reproductive organs. a bathing suit gives them more than enough of a view of all that.

if it's against all union protocol is there a way to report them? sucks that they're so shady, especially if it was a good role for you :(

thank you for answering, that makes much more sense (and i hope you didn't take offense to my original post!) i didn't know the bathing suit part was included in the audition... the overall body is more of what i meant by "what they're working with" as opposed to.. uh.. you're reproductive organs. a bathing suit gives them more than enough of a view of all that.

if it's against all union protocol is there a way to report them? sucks that they're so shady, especially if it was a good role for you :(
Not offended at all! Most people know very little about the industry (myself included, I learn new things every day!), but that in particular is something that's universally accepted.

If they're operating under a union contract, then AT MOST I think the union can revoke it. Which means it will simply be 'non-union' and continue that way. Seeing as it's not illegal (just shady), there's only so much one can do. It will just push them further underground. I do know that a legal team was consulted for an entirely separate matter which I hope might delay the process..but who knows.

I've utterly lost my mind... it is monday before worlds, and I am a full time broke college kid, but I just looked up flights out of pittsburgh. yep. it happened. and then I got super depressed looking at the prices. and instead of letting the reality check hit me that I've lost my mind, I have begun hunting for people driving to worlds. yes. I'm that desperate. and that impulsive. lol

Back