OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I don't fault them. Most of them aren't defending him, it's just shocking. I'd probably say something similar about most of my classmates if they were responsible. Though I also wouldn't be talking to the media.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I don't fault them either. I just don't feel like they have anything worthwhile to contribute and a walk down memory lane isn't aiding the situation in any capacity. I just watched Brian Williams talked about how great he once was up until Monday...we don't need to hear it right now. They (earlier) just covered it because there wasn't much new news. And like you, if any of my former classmates popped off and did something crazy, i would be the last person attaching my name to any of it.

I need them to get him off the boat so that I can go to the store

How about something based on this? https://www.facebook.com/glitzy.bows.18?fref=ts (It's from a bow company on Facebook called Glitzy Bows)

Although this may not be glitzy, it is a cool idea for the girls to remember eachother by! Let me know if I can help you out as I would love to! This autograph bow comes in several colors!

30abeah.jpg

LOL Worst three days of my life. If anyone has aspirations of being a science teacher, do NOT force your students to go camping in non-heated cabins for 3 days. Seriously. Don't. It may be mid-April but the highs were low-40s, w/o windchill. :mad:

It was his choice, and he has to live with the consequences. I don't care how old he is, he is still a terrorist. He deserves nothing. If he wanted a normal life, he wouldn't make bombs and kill people.

Agreed! I'm sure he knew the possible consequences of his actions before he did it and he still decided to go along with it. I have no sympathy for him.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

okay... so anytime a book is turned into a movie, i always refuse to watch the movie before reading the book... but i ended up watching the hunger games last night (which is awesome) but can someone explain to me like... is it in the past? or is it the future? or some weird alternate reality that is past and future at the same time? like the districts are trapped in the 1920s but then there's so much technology.

this is why i should have read the book... because i'm confused.

okay... so anytime a book is turned into a movie, i always refuse to watch the movie before reading the book... but i ended up watching the hunger games last night (which is awesome) but can someone explain to me like... is it in the past? or is it the future? or some weird alternate reality that is past and future at the same time? like the districts are trapped in the 1920s but then there's so much technology.

Future. Most of the districts are just reeeally poor, especially where Katniss and Peeta live.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I have read the books multiple times and I've always understood it as this:
North America as we know it got into a big war and stuff so they formed the Capitol/Districts with the people who survived. Then District 13 rebelled and they created the Hunger Games. The Districts are all really poor (some way more than others) because all the resources and stuff goes to the Capitol and they basically get the leftovers.

I think too, that the further out your district (higher number), the poorer you are too, but maybe I'm confusing that with that Timberlake Time movie. But that's how district 1 could afford to train up winners. Anyway, each district is responsible for a specific resource/agriculture type industry. District 12 is coal

Hunger Games brings out the 13 year old fan girl in me... I CANNOT WAIT for Catching Fire to come out-it was by far my favorite book of the three.

I'm not excited for the movie because I feel like they're going to leave a lot of things out of the book that made it good. Like the trailer had no mention of the quarter quell.....

I'm not excited for the movie because I feel like they're going to leave a lot of things out of the book that made it good. Like the trailer had no mention of the quarter quell.....

I think the preview was trying to keep it a secret for those that have not read the books... The end of the preview kinda alluded to it, and I think that as we get closer to the release they'll start including arena stuff. When I read the book, that was a major shock to me (even though I knew they went back in somehow), so I think they are trying to preserve it as long as possible for those that are only movie watchers.

Back