OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So I guess MTV's Teen Mom/16 and Pregnant isn't working?

I saw one pregnant girl in high school and it was at graduation practice...so nobody gawked or cared because we were too busy focusing on graduation, parties, becoming thousand-aires with our grad money and leaving for college.
Unfortunately I think those shows made Teen Pregnancy less taboo. After that aired I had 3 pregnant girls in my high school. I don't "get" why you want all the responsibility at 16/17. My friend just had a baby at 22 and I am 22 and in no way would I be having a baby yet even now!

Well this week has actually been awful. Had to put down my cat that I've had since I was two. Found out it's going to be over $2000 dollars to fix everything that's wrong with my car (and it needs to be done ASAP.) AND I got fired from my new job that I was starting to love:(

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Sorry about your kitty. We just had to do the same thing early this month. It was heartbreaking.

The other day I watched a girl get proposed to at lunch! She's a Junior and is 17 years old. The same day I found out one of my childhood friends is 5 months pregnant! I don't get it!

The sad thing is... that is becoming more and more common these days. I watch girls lose their childhoods all the time. If you're 20-21, I can see it being a little more okay but at 15-16, you're still a kid. It's really sad sometimes.

My boyfriend's step-sister had her kid at 15 and the girl is now 7 and the poor girl never sees her mom because her mom spends most of her time out at the bars, basically anywhere with her boyfriend, and the little girl is shuffled from daycare, to babysitter, to grandparents, just because the mom wants to party. It's just so sad because she is such a sweet little girl.

I don't think it's actually becoming more common. It just seems like it is. Teen pregnancy rates are actually pretty low right now.

I don't think it's actually becoming more common. It just seems like it is. Teen pregnancy rates are actually pretty low right now.

I think it's more socially "acceptable" so people don't hide it as much and some girls like the attention it gets them on facebook so they frequently post updates on the pregnancy

My friend is in Tennessee for Opryland and is telling me how much she loves the Gaylord hotel..
Not stalking you I promise. My wife was there for a conference about 5 years ago. That place is huge. She loved the hotel and the whole town.

I also think it has to do with a changing of what's considered "okay." 50 years ago having kids at 17-18, was normal and then people began to frown on teen pregnancy resulting in a surge of birth control options but it seems teen pregnancy has come full circle and society no longer condones it. Don't get me wrong, mistakes happen and there are some amazing parents who are taking good care of their children at young ages but for the majority, it seems they tend to be neglected and end up with broken families.

A girl at cp's school had her second child at 16 or 17.

I know a girl who had her first child at 17, then she had 2 other children within 3 years after the first one. I try not to judge people for getting pregnant early, but i myself have the opinion i want to have children whenever i can actually take care of them and have the financial opportunities. This girl just got pregnant to keep her boyfriend, she admitted that, then she got pregnant again because she wanted a boy and the two babies she got were both girls. Oh Lord, writing about this makes it sound even worse than it actually did before. She doesn't have proper education and she most certainly was not ready for the children, they are not living a good life now. It's sad

A girl at cp's school had her second child at 16 or 17.

In the junior high school I work at, a 14 year-old girl had a kid. Obviously, she had to drop out (even before the pregnancy, attendance didn't seem to be her priority ; being a future teen mom, social services handled her schooling apart from the regular school system I think). She seemed to find it weird that we weren't completely thrilled when she came to the school to show off her little boy after the delivery... Honey, you're a kid who just had a kid. I'm glad it went well, it makes you happy and you seem to have matured and risen to the occasion, but this is still NOT something that we (school adults) can celebrate... especially in the school, in the presence of other kids who really don't need that kind of example.

Here in the far away land of England, I live in the area of London with the highest teenage pregnancy rates. You'll see girls about 15 getting in the bus in their juicy velour track suits and fake uggs with matching baby bumps.

Back