OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Cheer Athletics are now charging ($20) for you to go watch their Level 5/6 NCA showoffs?
I don't think I agree with this.
I get that its a business blah blah blah but it just seems a little... iffy to me.

You should pay to see professionals, not children doing an amateur sport.
Not trying to sound rude but wi come off that way.

CA is on the business of making money and if the dans is there to charge then why shouldn't they? Right about now I would gladly pay that amount to see my cp do an exhibition (cp is not at cp) at a private gym.

As a prospective spectator you have the ability to exercise your right to send a message by either going or not going. Guessing that will dictate future admission fees.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

"All Worlds teams will show off on Friday. There will be a $20 entry free for spectators as we feel that this will help cut down on parking and crowding issues. A portion of all funds collected will go towards the athletes trips to Worlds. All Worlds athletes will be given one wristband for free entry into the show-off for one family member or friend but other spectators will be required to pay the entry fee"

So basically Mom can go but Dad, sister, brother and the grandparents are either sitting at home or coughing up $100 to watch 8 routines.

Our showcase was held outside of our gym in an arena, showcased 52 teams from 3 locations, and was run competition style between levels with live, immediate feedback from world class cheerleaders/coaches, and I believe entry was $10. So $20 for 8 Worlds teams, regardless if the money is going to the teams or not (though I have my doubts that a majority of the money will), that's a bit much, I agree.

Tweeting "another great practice at (insert your gym here) auschwitz" is inappropiate and not funny at all. I can't believe someone would post something like this. They probably have no idea what Auscwitz is and what happend there. This is dissgusting and I hope coaches give her some lessons.
Umm... Wow. I'm going to just hope that like you said this person does not truly understand what Auschwitz was and what happened there. I'd like to think if they did they would have never said this.

This is random but since this is the random thread... In high school there was a traveling holocaust museum that we got to visit, and we actually got to meet and hear personal stories from holocaust survivors. It was such an amazing experience in the most emotional way possible.

Also, as a side note, I did not see the tweet so I don't know who said this/what gym.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Our showcase was held outside of our gym in an arena, showcased 52 teams from 3 locations, and was run competition style between levels with live, immediate feedback from world class cheerleaders/coaches, and I believe entry was $10. So $20 for 8 Worlds teams, regardless if the money is going to the teams or not (though I have my doubts that a majority of the money will), that's a bit much, I agree.

Especially, since your showcase was held in an arena, there would be proper seating. Never been there in person but I've seen photos of CA and everyone is just sitting on the floor and its very crowded.

Umm... Wow. I'm going to just hope that like you said this person does not truly understand what Auschwitz was and what happened there. I'd like to think if they did they would have never said this.

This is random but since this is the random thread... In high school there was a traveling holocaust museum that we got to visit, and we actually got to meet and hear personal stories from holocaust survivors. It was such an amazing experience in the most emotional way possible.

Also, as a side note, I did not see the tweet so I don't know who said this/what gym.

We didn't go to the holocaust museum but my freshman year of HS we all had to read the book Night but Eli..can't remember how to spell his last name. And a holocaust survivor came in to tell us his story. I'll never forget the stuff he told us. It was crazy...

As for the gym...let's just say there are a few cats there ;)

Last edited:
We didn't go to the holocaust museum but my freshman year of HS we all had to read the book Night but Eli..can't remember how to spell his last name. And a holocaust survivor came in to tell us his story. I'll never forget the stuff he told us. It was crazy...

I had to read that book in 8th grade and again in sophomore year of HS. I nearly started crying reading it

Such a sad book, but still one of the best books I've had to read for school.

YES! I can't believe that they made us 8th graders read it though... I guess that's what I get for going to a catholic school where they think everyone is smarter and more mature than others and can handle this stuff.

YES! I can't believe that they made us 8th graders read it though... I guess that's what I get for going to a catholic school where they think everyone is smarter and more mature than others and can handle this stuff.
I know we did it in 9th because the history class for that year was world history so we did learned about the holocaust in both history and English at the same time. It worked pretty well!

Okay college cheerleaders I need help- my tryout is the same day as my senior prom (I'm fine with missing prom but the coach also does accept video tryouts). Basically I'm freaking out because I don't throw any of the tumbling I used to since I got hurt. I'm tumbling 5 times a week and I hope I'll get it back but if I go to the tryout tumbling on dead mat scares me so maybe the video would be an option? Although I'd rather be there and show my face. I've already been to a clinic so that's good. This entire post probably doesn't make any sense whatsoever I'm just having so much anxiety about this tryout sos help

Okay college cheerleaders I need help- my tryout is the same day as my senior prom (I'm fine with missing prom but the coach also does accept video tryouts). Basically I'm freaking out because I don't throw any of the tumbling I used to since I got hurt. I'm tumbling 5 times a week and I hope I'll get it back but if I go to the tryout tumbling on dead mat scares me so maybe the video would be an option? Although I'd rather be there and show my face. I've already been to a clinic so that's good. This entire post probably doesn't make any sense whatsoever I'm just having so much anxiety about this tryout sos help

Ha I came here to make sure you knew about the tryouts.

I think you should send in a video. Show your tumbling on the spring floor, and try and show something on the dead floor. You've already met the coach, I think you'll be fine if you explain your situation. I can talk to a girl on the team and have her ask the coach (it's a different coach than I had) for you?

Ha I came here to make sure you knew about the tryouts.

I think you should send in a video. Show your tumbling on the spring floor, and try and show something on the dead floor. You've already met the coach, I think you'll be fine if you explain your situation. I can talk to a girl on the team and have her ask the coach (it's a different coach than I had) for you?
Thank you so much, I've talked to the coach about potentially sending a video so that's good. I'm just so nervous haha

Thank you so much, I've talked to the coach about potentially sending a video so that's good. I'm just so nervous haha

If you talked to her at the clinic and she saw your skills and knew you wanted to try out, she probably already knows whether or not she wants to take you, to be honest. Send in the video, but don't stress too much :) They might have tryouts again in the fall for basketball season.

Last edited:
Back