OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
food question: i'm basically on campus from 8am to 6pmish most days, later if there are open labs/tutoring. so i have breakfast at home, pack snacks and lunch, and dinner at home. so.. as some of you know i'm having an issue eating meat at the moment :p and theres only so many hard boiled eggs a girl can eat at lunch time, but i need protein. i do, however, love scrambled eggs. like i could eat them every meal and never get tired of them. so my question is: how long is it safe to keep them, i guess? like if i make a giant batch on a sunday and portion and pack them for school and just heat them up at lunch time, whats a reasonable amount of time? a week? two or three days? or no days after they're made? i'd think because they're cooked it'd be similar to hard boiled eggs? i don't know.

also if anyone else has high protein, easy lunch options, please share! I am allergic to nuts and cannot have gluten or soy. and lactose intolerant. and at the moment kind of a pescetarian/vegetarian. :D so eggs it is, probably lolol not all dairy bothers me, like yogurt is fine. but that's usually included in my breakfast so i don't want to overdue it. (i'm very high maintenance, i know.)

Could you try whey protein powders?? I'm not sure if they're also soy based, but since there are soy based and whey based, I assume they're different. I'll mix that in with yogurt, fruit and cereal for breakfasts, smoothies, etc.

I'd treat eggs as meat and not eat them after 2 or so days in the fridge. I'd be leery too after 2-3 hours out of the fridge.

Anybody who lives around the philly area, I have 2-2 day passes to Made In America on Labor Day weekend I'm selling if anyone wants to buy them? Let me know!

Anyone here know hair? I went to a salon to get ombre hair and left with essentially dip-bleached looking ends. I was hoping for something more gradual and it literally goes from medium brown to a medium blonde. I'm fairly decent with hair dye I just don't like messing with bleach. Im thinking I could fix it by putting a light brown between the two? But if I do that then I think the blonde might be too dark.
Should of told your stylist u were unhappy and had them fix it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm so annoyed. This is going to be a rant- and I want you guy's feed back to see if I'm in the wrong here.

So this past week I had to go to a local high school to "observe". I have to fill in a worksheet of different aspects of the day and watch a couple students, observe how they act without them knowing that I'm observing them of course. I had to interview the teacher and ask the questions that were in the packet. Since I am in school for secondary education- this is required in order to start taking the advanced education courses at my school. As a transfer student, I'm a tad behind so I had to squeeze this observation in before the new school year started.

So as you all know, this time of year is finals and marching practice for seniors and all that so it's a busy time of the year. Well, my college assigned me a 12th grade teacher. ( I requested 9-12 so they could've given me any teacher in the high school.) Okay, fine. You'd think they would've assigned me a teacher that wasn't ending in a week! I get into her class and she tells me that the entire week is going to be a workshop for the seniors to get all of their work in before their final exam. So what I've been observing this week Monday-Friday 8:00-2:30 are a bunch of seniors typing away on their laptops. Every once in awhile a student would speak to a classmate and the teacher would say something along the lines of "You have ___ assignments not done, if you talk again I'm giving you a detention!" or "Suzie, why are you talking you haven't handed in ____ yet?" So for me there wasn't a whole lot of "observing" to be had when this was literally the same thing every single day.

Part of this assignment I have to have the teacher assess me and turn it in with my portfolio. She hands me back my assessment today and I'm just so irritated reading it. She wrote that I wasn't "involved" enough with the students and that I didn't talk to her much that I was on my cell phone too much. (Maybe because your internet at your school is crap and the only way I could access my files were through my phone, I thought that was pretty evident when I was looking at my phone then writing things down, apparently not though.) Also, maybe I didn't talk to your students because anytime someone breathed too loudly you were yelling? Or maybe I didn't ask you more questions than the ones on the assigned packet because you complained every five seconds about how you had SO much work to do and I was being nice and letting you work? Or maybe I wasn't involved enough with you because all of your study halls you left me in your classroom ALONE while you went somewhere else (and yes, she did tell me to stay there while she went to a different class.)

I'm just so mad because she gave me horrible marks on my assessment including saying that she has "reserved feelings" about recommending that I stay in the education field. I have a thank you card all written up ready to go in the mail, but at this point I don't even want to send it.

Sorry this was SO long, but it's the summer and what else do we have to do:confused:

I'm so annoyed. This is going to be a rant- and I want you guy's feed back to see if I'm in the wrong here.

So this past week I had to go to a local high school to "observe". I have to fill in a worksheet of different aspects of the day and watch a couple students, observe how they act without them knowing that I'm observing them of course. I had to interview the teacher and ask the questions that were in the packet. Since I am in school for secondary education- this is required in order to start taking the advanced education courses at my school. As a transfer student, I'm a tad behind so I had to squeeze this observation in before the new school year started.

So as you all know, this time of year is finals and marching practice for seniors and all that so it's a busy time of the year. Well, my college assigned me a 12th grade teacher. ( I requested 9-12 so they could've given me any teacher in the high school.) Okay, fine. You'd think they would've assigned me a teacher that wasn't ending in a week! I get into her class and she tells me that the entire week is going to be a workshop for the seniors to get all of their work in before their final exam. So what I've been observing this week Monday-Friday 8:00-2:30 are a bunch of seniors typing away on their laptops. Every once in awhile a student would speak to a classmate and the teacher would say something along the lines of "You have ___ assignments not done, if you talk again I'm giving you a detention!" or "Suzie, why are you talking you haven't handed in ____ yet?" So for me there wasn't a whole lot of "observing" to be had when this was literally the same thing every single day.

Part of this assignment I have to have the teacher assess me and turn it in with my portfolio. She hands me back my assessment today and I'm just so irritated reading it. She wrote that I wasn't "involved" enough with the students and that I didn't talk to her much that I was on my cell phone too much. (Maybe because your internet at your school is crap and the only way I could access my files were through my phone, I thought that was pretty evident when I was looking at my phone then writing things down, apparently not though.) Also, maybe I didn't talk to your students because anytime someone breathed too loudly you were yelling? Or maybe I didn't ask you more questions than the ones on the assigned packet because you complained every five seconds about how you had SO much work to do and I was being nice and letting you work? Or maybe I wasn't involved enough with you because all of your study halls you left me in your classroom ALONE while you went somewhere else (and yes, she did tell me to stay there while she went to a different class.)

I'm just so mad because she gave me horrible marks on my assessment including saying that she has "reserved feelings" about recommending that I stay in the education field. I have a thank you card all written up ready to go in the mail, but at this point I don't even want to send it.

Sorry this was SO long, but it's the summer and what else do we have to do:confused:
Is there a supervisor or teacher at your University you could sit down and talk about this with? Whoever you turn this information in to?

Back