OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@stuntjumptumble I shimmied for your first practice, not for your fear!
I'm not a flyer but usually if you can do it once, you'll realize it's not as scary as it seems and get over the fear. The most important thing is if you're doing it, commit - it's way scarier (not only for you but also the bases) when you don't commit and your head is going straight to the ground. Do you have several coaches or just one or two? When our flyers are nervous, we let them try the stunt on the coaches first. If you can't do that, see if you can go on the most experienced bases maybe. Good luck!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I feel like I shouldn't post cheer stuff on this thread but oh well here goes. Today I had my first college cheer practice (yay!!) and I was put as a flyer after not flying for more than a year. We were doing tosses and other girls were doing tuck tosses but I was literally terrified. I know how to do a tuck tumbling wise but I have a bad mental block right now so I feel like that's contributing. How can I get over this basket fear?

Have you ever done a back tuck inversion in a pyramid? When my level six team stated to learn baskets we had the flyers do a few of those first so they got the feeling of doing a tuck in the air. Instead of landing in a sponge like they normally would for pyramids they would pull their toes through and land in a cradle. They also were only braced by one girl. Most of the flyers on the team had only flown level 3 or 4 before so doing this really helped them feel more comfortable about trying a tuck basket.

Okay so I'm away from home this summer for work. I'm being housed by the motel that I'm a chambermaid for. (Only doing it for the housing) and I buss/serve tables at night.

I was running late this morning and forgot to take care of my cereal bowl. I came home tonight and went to put it away and there was rat poop in it. And the bowl was a foot from my bed. I'm paying $90 a week to stay here. The sink leaks all over the floor, the oven doesn't work, the water pressure is extremely low, there's hardly any hot water. It's a loft above the garage. Like I can't stay here with rats in my bedroom. I can tolerate the other things but I can't do this. My boss is evil and if I say anything she will probably fire me. Can someone give me advice I'm in my bed crying in fear that rats are going to get me tonight.

So what sucks about me going to college is that my brother is taking over my room and my mom said I'm not allowed to leave anything unless I want it to get thrown away. But my apartment room is bigger than my bedroom at home. but theres stuff I want to keep but not take with me. WHY IS COLLEGE SO STRESSFUL AND IM NOT EVEN THERE YET

ETA: I also haven't gotten roommates yet so i have no idea what i need to buy for rooms other than my bedroom and it's stressing me out

I JUST said this too. I hated A Walk To Remember. My mom and sister dragged me to the movie when it came out and I almost booed out loud in the movie theater. I was mad about it.
Seriously, the entire movie is ruined by what'shernames death (that sounds awful but I can't actually remember her name). It's like watching Titanic, except I get some consolation from watching Rose's dream scene, in which she and Jack are finally reunited.

ETA: I also haven't gotten roommates yet so i have no idea what i need to buy for rooms other than my bedroom and it's stressing me out
Don't freak out about the roommate situation just yet. I know you're not in WI, but most of the schools up here don't find out till mid-July. Maybe your school is the same.

Don't freak out about the roommate situation just yet. I know you're not in WI, but most of the schools up here don't find out till mid-July. Maybe your school is the same.

Yeah sometimes they tell you later than you'd like. My school didn't tell us until the second week in August - a week and a half before we moved in. But for us that was still plenty of time to figure out what each of us was bringing!

Been there. Done that. It was a basketball court. Back in the day before they made it illegal. Not a single sole touched me as I fell to the ground.

Not as bad, but I fell from a shoulder stand on to my back at the biggest game of the basketball season last year (sold out). Not a single attempt to catch me. Sigh.

Back