All-Star New Practicewear 2013/2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We pay for shoes, bows, midriffs, spandex, warmups, camp wear, and choreography. Not our uniforms though, although this year we're buying a simple uniform as our camp day 3 outfit that we will keep. I think it's expensive as it is....

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Well keep it up, I'm sure parents appreciate it. My cp could literally wear cheer clothes all week and never wear the same thing twice.

What's funny is that EVEN POP WARNER has gotten expensive over the last few years.

Ex: Pop Warner/Rec teams with new uniforms every year, new shoes, new bows, hoodies. Like $750 in apparel. They are not competitive and they cheer 10 games. $750. That's peanuts to an all star program but there is no reason for Rec/PW cheer to be almost pricing people out.

How did the booster club pay for stuff though? For schools around here the booster club may buy it, but the parent's have a certain booster fees every month, so technically the parents are buying it. Never really understood booster clubs, but maybe thats because my school doesn't have them.
My school's booster club always sells the majority of the t shirts and sweatshirts that you get with our school colors, mascot, etc. on them. They also host our alumni tournament every spring and all of the sports have to have a certain number of parent/athlete volunteers that take tickets, work concessions and all of that. I know that that brings in a lot of money for them because they get all of it and there is a dinner on the first night of it too. And they sell a LOT of apparel/ miscellaneous fan items throughout the year

We pay for shoes, bows, midriffs, spandex, warmups, camp wear, and choreography. Not our uniforms though, although this year we're buying a simple uniform as our camp day 3 outfit that we will keep. I think it's expensive as it is....

Some of the girls tried to get the coach to do that last year. Instead, she went with something really bright in non-school colors that they couldn't wear to school (tank tops). She also wouldn't order from anywhere but Varsity.

They had gotten camp tee shirts in previous years that they could wear to schools for game day. Nope, that was added after I pushed a bit.

I made all the teams bows for free. Three bows each for 12 girls.

In Allen (for middle school and high school) we don't pay for the uniforms at all, the school buys them. When you become a high school cheerleader, we are given multiple uniforms ( Varsity has 4 uniforms) . At the end of your senior year, you get to pick 1 uniform you'd like to keep, everyone else has to turn them in at the end of the season. I couldn't imagine paying for all the uniforms we wear!

Some of the girls tried to get the coach to do that last year. Instead, she went with something really bright in non-school colors that they couldn't wear to school (tank tops). She also wouldn't order from anywhere but Varsity.

They had gotten camp tee shirts in previous years that they could wear to schools for game day. Nope, that was added after I pushed a bit.

I made all the teams bows for free. Three bows each for 12 girls.

THIS. The outrageous camp clothing that is tie dyed and rainbow and has nothing to do with school colors! Also I don't know if Varsity has improved camp wear but we always had baby tees that had a hole in them after 1 wash and tanks that shrunk. $$$$$

THIS. The outrageous camp clothing that is tie dyed and rainbow and has nothing to do with school colors! Also I don't know if Varsity has improved camp wear but we always had baby tees that had a hole in them after 1 wash and tanks that shrunk. $$$$$

Exactly!

Last edited:
Oh man. I ordered from Varsity my very first year coaching. Never ever ever again.

And kids can cry, beg, say I'm an old geezer who never lets them do anything; but we will NEVER do non-school colored crazy camp wear.

I don't care that "omg this looks like Shooting Stars would wear it!"

Chelsea Cheerlebrity promos it? Don't care.

It just adds expenses and does not double for practice, appearances; etc. Buy it for yourself but we're not making it a team item.

Same for bows. We have two. I refuse to require families to purchase (example) Homecoming Bows because "so cute omg!"

In high school we had to pay for our uniform and shoes, but we did have to return it once the school year was over. We got to keep the shoes though. I think it's mainly like an insurance thing, so the school doesn't lose money. That way if it got damaged it was basically already paid for. The practice wear was free however.

I know that I have to buy shoes, midriffs, bloomers, warm-ups, camp wear, bows, and I am sure many other items x 2.

We are at a new school with new colors and are needing to expand our school color wardrobe.

I heard the coach didn't want any moms making bows last year. I don't know that she realizes that they can be better than what you get from Varsity. She is a second year coach.

We also have "optional" items - bag, t shirts, leggings, cardigans, hoodies, spirit jerseys, sweats... Seems like everyone gets it all though. I haven't bought a bag or new spandex/midriffs since my first year and I'm fine. We've had a new bag every year but it doesn't bother me. It's too expensive to get the optional stuff every year. And it was like a 50% chance it would be cute. This year it's all cute and we're actually seeing designs before ordering but I just got a spirit jersey and leggings.
On colors - we've historically always had a pink shirt (Wednesdays practice outfit. Yes I'm 100% serious) with our old coach but other than that it stuck to school colors. This year it's all school colors but one thing is lime green chevron (our colors are green and gold so it's still kind of the right color)

Our athletic booster gets us new uniforms once every 5 or 6 years? I had three unis in the 4 years I cheered, one was ancient and we never wore it once, one was decently old but still gorgeous & we got brand new ones my senior year.

We fundraised for camp clothes, warm ups and paid for our shoes.
Our camp clothes were always cheap, one color print, t-shirts and Soffes.

Our coach always bought us our comp bows and for our "Christmas gift" we got a nice comp season t-shirt. One year she got us really nice duffle bags with our names embroidered on them in addition to the t-shirt.

We had to pay a $50 bus fee for football season and fundraised our comp fees- I think at one point the school paid those but they eventually stopped.

But we never paid over $500 a year for football and comp season together, not even $500 I'm sure, because we fundraised soooo much. Pop bottle drives and car washes every other week in the summertime go a long ways.

I know that I have to buy shoes, midriffs, bloomers, warm-ups, camp wear, bows, and I am sure many other items x 2.

We are at a new school with new colors and are needing to expand our school color wardrobe.

I heard the coach didn't want any moms making bows last year. I don't know that she realizes that they can be better than what you get from Varsity. She is a second year coach.

Ordered varsity bows once and sent them back. I will say in your coaches defense, everybody's mom "makes bows." It can get a little annoying year after year. Now I'm sure there are a few that can make awesome bows, but in my experience most just think they do. Some of the bows that I've had moms give me as a sample I wouldn't put on my team free or not. I know I'm picky but can some people honestly be blind to the uneven, janky, bumpy, glued, frayed mess they created on their kids head?!? It's easier to tell them no before you've seen their "work" than to be in the awkward position of telling them you don't want their free janky mess.

Same goes with photographers. If I had money for every time a parent comes up to me offering to be the team photographer for pictures.

Last edited:
Back