OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I wasn't referring to you making us look bad but rather all the dads that will ditch their kids for the game.

It is cp's senior year and I hardly see him so I am ecstatic to be able to attend just 2 of his competitions this year. I'll be damned if a football game would get in my way.

**peek a boo**
I know what you were trying to say, I thought I put smiley face with my reply. I hope you can go see him this year!

@chyeeaaa69 Just saw Katelyn Ohashi is back, and now with Texas Dreams. Seeing as you're one of my favorite people to discuss gymnastics with- thoughts?

It definitely wasn't the prettiest showing, and she only pulled a full off of vault, but she has the time to work new stuff in before Worlds. Her vibe was better than some of the other girls who have been in the senior field this round, so who knows?

I know this is pretty old but I just saw that Katelyn signed with UCLA!

The official mobile device of the Khalessi

My school has the worst wifi ever. My teachers put everything (power points, syllabi, rubrics, etc) online and I always access them through my iPad. Im trying to study before class and I can't connect to anything. This problem was minor my freshman year, but ever since the beginning of this school year it's been a HUGE problem campus wide. Idk whyyyyy it's so hard to fix- especially when it's SO important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My school has the worst wifi ever. My teachers put everything (power points, syllabi, rubrics, etc) online and I always access them through my iPad. Im trying to study before class and I can't connect to anything. This problem was minor my freshman year, but ever since the beginning of this school year it's been a HUGE problem campus wide. Idk whyyyyy it's so hard to fix- especially when it's SO important

My school had the spottiest wifi ever that went down all the time. And they didn't even have it in the dorms most of the time. You usually had to be hardwired into the wall if you were taking a test or doing anything important you couldn't afford to be kicked out of. And EVERY SINGLE STUDENT at the university of 18,000+ payed a $200 technology fee each semester so I'm really confused as to where all that money went.

My school had the spottiest wifi ever that went down all the time. And they didn't even have it in the dorms most of the time. You usually had to be hardwired into the wall if you were taking a test or doing anything important you couldn't afford to be kicked out of. And EVERY SINGLE STUDENT at the university of 18,000+ payed a $200 technology fee each semester so I'm really confused as to where all that money went.
Aren't we all.

Back when I wen to Pace NYC, the one kid who asked for an itemized script of where all of his money went specifically (for each fee), was asked not to come back. Or so the story goes..

Yes exactly!!!!! Our tech fee is $150. Sooo ridiculous

Can anyone explain the situation with the Patriots and deflated footballs (like what happened, and what is being done now)? I've been seeing tweets from people I follow and stuff but I have no clue what happened...

Can anyone explain the situation with the Patriots and deflated footballs (like what happened, and what is being done now)? I've been seeing tweets from people I follow and stuff but I have no clue what happened...

There is a certain weight that the footballs are required to be. Each team provides their own footballs which are checked at the beginning of the game by the refs. In the 3rd quarter, one of the Colts intercepted Brady and noticed the ball was a little soft. He handed it to an equipment manager and it eventually made its way to one of the coaches, who alerted the refs. I believe they ended up switching out the balls at halftime. 11/12 of the Patriot's balls were deflated.

The point of the whole issue is that slightly deflated balls are easier to grip, so it's an unfair advantage to have balls that are under inflated. It's against the rules. 11/12 of the Pat's balls and 0 of the Colt's balls being under inflated screams CHEATING, so now the NFL is deep into an investigation.

They've cheated in the past, so I don't think anyone was surprised. Belichick is loco.

I'm particularly peeved because this can't possibly be the first time they've pulled this. My Ravens barely lost to them the week before. Were those balls deflated? Could it have impacted the game? I'm sure it probably did.

There is a certain weight that the footballs are required to be. Each team provides their own footballs which are checked at the beginning of the game by the refs. In the 3rd quarter, one of the Colts intercepted Brady and noticed the ball was a little soft. He handed it to an equipment manager and it eventually made its way to one of the coaches, who alerted the refs. I believe they ended up switching out the balls at halftime. 11/12 of the Patriot's balls were deflated.

The point of the whole issue is that slightly deflated balls are easier to grip, so it's an unfair advantage to have balls that are under inflated. It's against the rules. 11/12 of the Pat's balls and 0 of the Colt's balls being under inflated screams CHEATING, so now the NFL is deep into an investigation.

They've cheated in the past, so I don't think anyone was surprised. Belichick is loco.

I'm particularly peeved because this can't possibly be the first time they've pulled this. My Ravens barely lost to them the week before. Were those balls deflated? Could it have impacted the game? I'm sure it probably did.

Let the NFL do their investigation and make their decision - which they have not yet done.
The refs handle the balls constantly during the game. Not once did a ref notice anything. The refs, after having their hands all over the game balls, only looked into it after a complaint was made by a Colt - after the Colts were getting their behinds handed to them - and we now know the Ravens said something to the Colts about deflated "kicking" balls before the Patriots/Colts game.
Could be something, could be someone just crying in their cheerios, but to affirm anyone cheated yet is premature. Which oh, by the way if guilty, this kind of "cheating" is similar to the Colts using artificial noise in their stadium.....
At least the Patriots didn't kill anyone.... ohwait :D:oops:

From what I've heard, it sounds like lots of teams do something similar and doctor footballs. It's like that tar stuff on baseballs. Again, the Patriots just happened to get caught. And it makes no sense to do it, we all knew they were going to mostly have a run game. Brady had a pretty weak passing game. The underinflated balls aren't going to have much of an advantage in a run game.

And Harbaugh has already said the balls were a non-issue in the Ravens game. The Patriots have no access to the kicking balls and if they were deflated it could very easily be explained by the temperature in the teens during the Ravens game.

Should the Patriots be punished if the investigation turns up that they were cheating? Yes. Would it be a big deal if it was any other team? No. Again, from what I've seen and read in the last few days, it doesn't really seem like the refs are very strict on this rule anyway. This article from a former ball boy says they never actually say a ref measure the pressure on a ball. They usually just looked it over in their hands. The NFL isn't going to admit this of course, but it's possible that the balls were under-inflated before the game began and the refs didn't actually measure the pressure until halftime.

Deflate-Gate: An NFL Ball Boy's Perspective on Preparing Footballs - NBC News

There's a good explanation of the situation here:

A Non Sports Fan's Guide to the Deflated-Ball Scandal Engulfing Football

Last edited:
Also the Bucs quarterback from the year they won the superbowl (2000?), said that he paid 7500 to have some deflate ALL of the balls before the Superbowl. There are 100. But, seeing as everybody was using those, I guess it didn't matter as much? (Although admitting that is stupid, because they could always take away that win or fine you for it or something).

Aaron Rodgers apparently likes his OVER-inflated.

I think it's a bit ridiculous to say that just because everybody does it or many teams might do it, that it somehow absolves the Patriots of what they did, or that if anybody else did it, nobody would care. A team cheated, regardless about how you feel about the rules- they were broken. People would still care- it's just not the first time Belicheck has cheated, so we obviously care MORE seeing as if it's true (which it's looking like it is) it means he didn't learn his lesson the first time he got caught.

Also the Bucs quarterback from the year they won the superbowl (2000?), said that he paid 7500 to have some deflate ALL of the balls before the Superbowl. There are 100. But, seeing as everybody was using those, I guess it didn't matter as much? (Although admitting that is stupid, because they could always take away that win or fine you for it or something).

I think it's a bit ridiculous to say that just because everybody does it or many teams might do it, that it somehow absolves the Patriots of what they did, or that if anybody else did it, nobody would care. A team cheated, regardless about how you feel about the rules- they were broken. People would still care- it's just not the first time Belicheck has cheated, so we obviously care MORE seeing as if it's true (which it's looking like it is) it means he didn't learn his lesson the first time he got caught.
Shimmy you twice. Cheating is never okay. I'd be mad if my team was caught cheating too.

I don't think what they did is okay. I think people are only making a big deal out of this because it's the Patriots, however.

And yes, I am pissed. I'm pissed because they don't need to use barely under-inflated balls to win. They didn't beat the Colts 45-7 because their balls were under-inflated. And I don't believe for a second that they came from behind twice against the Ravens because their balls were under-inflated (the temperature being in the teens would have deflated the balls anyway). I'm pissed about Spygate too. They didn't need it to win, and even the Jets coach, the one who called out the Pats for it, said he didn't think it gave them any advantage. They went on to a 16-0 record immediately after that scandal. And to be clear, there was NO filming of practices going on there.

I do think that the media is blowing this way out of proportion because it's the Patriots. No one has a problem with a QB paying someone to deflate all of the balls, but this is a huge scandal and the Patriots are the absolute worst. There's not even proof that it's intentional, and whether they're cleared or not, it's always going to hang over the Patriots head. CBS had 50 cameras on the sidelines, how is a ball boy going to secretly deflate 11 balls?

We don't have any facts at this point. Everything is speculation and leaks. Let's wait for the NFL's report to come out.

I don't think what they did is okay. I think people are only making a big deal out of this because it's the Patriots, however.

As a diehard Steelers fan, I'm going to wholeheartedly disagree with this. All NFL teams have their haters. You really think that as much as people hate the Steelers... Or the Cowboys... Or the Packers... That the Patriots are the one team that would get a big deal made about a possible cheating scam? During the playoffs?!?!

Come on. That's not even remotely a thing.

Latest posts

Back