OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
You're not allowed to have that many alternates that didn't compete with your gym at that competition though. 3 is the max I think.

And where does she think she's going to find 5 level 5 athletes that currently aren't cheering? Let's be serious, everyone says that to try and cover their behinds and make it look like they're not trying to steal athletes from other programs. But I bet she (and plenty of other gym owners, not just singling her out) wouldn't turn away an athlete that's competed with another program.
That's what leads me to believe they have declined that bid. They would have had to, I suppose. And go for a new bid with their new roster. I'm just curious as to if that bid got passed along somewhere.

That's what leads me to believe they have declined that bid. They would have had to, I suppose. And go for a new bid with their new roster. I'm just curious as to if that bid got passed along somewhere.

Usasf website still lists them with the partial paid. Money always gets passed on, so if they do decline, someone else will have to get it.

Usasf website still lists them with the partial paid. Money always gets passed on, so if they do decline, someone else will have to get it.
Are you allowed to decline a bid this far out? I thought there was a time limit to that, they would have to get a paid bid to bump it down right? I could be totally off on this, I don't remember all the rule details.

Are you allowed to decline a bid this far out? I thought there was a time limit to that, they would have to get a paid bid to bump it down right? I could be totally off on this, I don't remember all the rule details.

There's a time limit for at large bids to be passed down. If your team changes and you can't compete at worlds with the appropriate alternates, you have no choice but to go for a new one. I don't think there's a limit for that. I could be wrong.

There's a time limit for at large bids to be passed down. If your team changes and you can't compete at worlds with the appropriate alternates, you have no choice but to go for a new one. I don't think there's a limit for that. I could be wrong.
I think you're right. If there's money involved, it always gets passed along to someone. Same thing would happen if any of those partial SOH winners upgrades to a full paid at some point during the season. Someone else would get that money. This is just an interesting situation since it wouldn't just fall back to the next team, since there were only two in that division and both got a partial.
http://media.wix.com/ugd/ee6b26_d7e49973cdf541d898094c94b11c77dc.pdf <--- SOH results and bid winners

I heard that now even if a team upgrade to a paid, the AL does not get handed down. I think u have 3 days to decline. True? So they cut 1/3 and can't hand down AL bids. B interesting how few teams r in our division this year.

I think you're right. If there's money involved, it always gets passed along to someone. Same thing would happen if any of those partial SOH winners upgrades to a full paid at some point during the season. Someone else would get that money. This is just an interesting situation since it wouldn't just fall back to the next team, since there were only two in that division and both got a partial.
http://media.wix.com/ugd/ee6b26_d7e49973cdf541d898094c94b11c77dc.pdf <--- SOH results and bid winners

It would fall to the next team, just not in that division.

I heard that now even if a team upgrade to a paid, the AL does not get handed down. I think u have 3 days to decline. True? So they cut 1/3 and can't hand down AL bids. B interesting how few teams r in our division this year.
I can't remember the last time AL bids were handed down after the cut off, it's been a while if ever. Those always just kinda went away if the team upgraded later in the season.

AL does not get passed down. If you decline a bid within 3 days of the competition the next team in line gets it. For example, World Cup Odyssey declined their AL bid after Beast of the East and Omni got it. If you're a gym that thinks too many teams go to worlds, you should never decline your at large bid, even if you know you're going to get paid down the road.

We're only about halfway through the season. I think international teams tend to get them later. There's only 5 teams with bids in IOC6 right now.

AL does not get passed down. If you decline a bid within 3 days of the competition the next team in line gets it. For example, World Cup Odyssey declined their AL bid after Beast of the East and Omni got it. If you're a gym that thinks too many teams go to worlds, you should never decline your at large bid, even if you know you're going to get paid down the road.

We're only about halfway through the season. I think international teams tend to get them later. There's only 5 teams with bids in IOC6 right now.
We have had as many as 42 in io5. Half that now, we will c! U coach or athlete for Blackjack Ashley?

We have had as many as 42 in io5. Half that now, we will c! U coach or athlete for Blackjack Ashley?

I'm sure we'll see a lot more. I know they cut 1/3 of at large bids, but we're actually at around the same number of bids as 2013 worlds. 2014 had a big increase in bids. Obviously more paid bids this year than in 2013 since we're 2 AL per paid instead of 3.

Total bids in 2013 season: 357
Total bids in 2014 season: 430
Total bids in 2015 season: 354

I'm an flyer on black jacks! Pretty much team mom for the team, ha. I need to retire soon, I'm getting too old for this.

Last edited:

they had a senior coed 4 in attendance... so I feel like they'll make it work with alternates somehow before they give up $$... because without the coed elite boys would they really have gotten paid? possibly. but we'll never know.

I try to shut up about CEA's use of crossovers between teams because that's just how their gym is setup and it works for them. but this isn't the first time they've replaced people on their "lesser" worlds teams with SE/CE kids for worlds bids. I can't help but side eye them for that.

Back